Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/9/2014 10:46:25 PM EDT
Beside the fact that one is Russian/stamped receiver with a 74 style brake and one is Bulgarian/milled receiver with a different compensator what are the differences?
What I really want to know is, are the barrels the same profile?
Thank you for the information.

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
They both have the lighter profile barrel that is a bit of an AKM and AK74 hybrid.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, only the older Type 3 design Bulgarians, like the SA93, have the thicker barrels and 45 deg gas blocks.
Link Posted: 8/9/2014 11:53:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Cool thanks, so the Bulgarians decided to copy the Russians when they went to the lighter AK100 series barrels?
The SAM7R is a semi auto version of the Bulgarian military rifle?
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 1:22:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, but Arsenal Bulgarian tends to go with a 24mm FSB on most of their assault rifles.
I personally prefer the 14mm FSB, as its allows for shorter and lighter muzzle devices.
The only current production 14mm rifle I'm aware of is the AR-M1F41
If Arsenal Inc would offer a semi-auto version of this rifle, I would be all over it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2014 5:38:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yes, but Arsenal Bulgarian tends to go with a 24mm FSB on most of their assault rifles.
I personally prefer the 14mm FSB, as its allows for shorter and lighter muzzle devices.
If Arsenal Inc would offer a semi-auto version of this rifle, I would be all over it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Sam 7R actually does have 14mm threads.
http://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/SAM7R.html
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 2:14:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an SGL and its and absolutely fantastic AK. That said I WOULD NOT PAY WHAT PEOPLE ARE ASKING FOR THEM NOW. I got mine for 900 with some ammo. For that shes worth every penny. Just as smooth as my Krebs Veprs.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#7]
My SAM-7R has the 14mm L/H thread muzzle.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:09:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I think he meant a tube side folder, they make the SAM-7 SF tube side folder but it is 24x1 LH
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top