BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/25/2014 6:40:19 AM EDT
Should have known better
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Here we go again with the bash CTD threads...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 1:02:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Should have known better
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 3:41:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Not tech, dryflash will have high blood pressure when he sees this thread.

Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Happened to me twice. Nov.  2013 and July 2014. It seems obvious to me now that they sell from distributors warehouses and have their products "drop shipped".
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Happened to me twice. Nov.  2013 and July 2014. It seems obvious to me now that they sell from distributors warehouses and have their products "drop shipped".
View Quote

Not to be a dick, but, "DUH!" If you look at many of their products, they show multiple warehouses with multiple prices. These "warehouses" are the same distys (sorry...distributors) that many other online dealers use, but CTD probably has an arrangement to drop ship, and trusts the distys' inventory reports as "accurate." Unfortunately, with any giant warehouse, shit gets lost, broken, stolen, transferred without proper accounting by the dock crew, etc. It happens all the time. (I've seen a 7-ton forklift get lost in a warehouse facility before!)

At the time you placed your order, either CTD hadn't run the inventory signals that day, or the supplier's data was errant. The warehouse is also only open for 8-12 hours at most places, and online retailers are open 24 hours. If the supplier is not set-up on EDI (electronic data interface) their systems do not see the sales triggers drop until they are manually entered by Sales dept. They may pull HUNDREDS of guns each morning that were sold overnight...

It sucks, but it's only CTD's fault to a degree, in that they're relying on the supplier to provide an accurate, daily snapshot (or a real-time snapshot, which can prove impossible during demand spikes such as this).

Other dealers either have an allocated stock at these distys, or get shipments to their own warehouses, and the margin for error is typically much lower. Even then, the goobers on the dock are (quite often) not the smartest folks on Earth.

THAT is why I rarely buy "hot items" from CTD, and I NEVER buy from Sportman's Guide.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:29:05 PM EDT
[#7]
...OR.... since they (Saiga's/Vep's) are the hot ticket (panic buying) suddenly, they went "out of stock" only to resurface next week for double the price. Strange how that happens.
...OR... maybe they really ARE out of stock. What do I know?
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#8]
CTD's practices and transgressions are well documented, so no need to re-list them here.

And no need to buy from them considering the reputable vendors we have in Atlantic, AIM etc.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
CTD's practices and transgressions are well documented, so no need to re-list them here.

And no need to buy from them considering the reputable vendors we have in Atlantic, AIM etc.
View Quote

+1. Atlantic and Aim are stellar vendors IMHO! They really stand behind their products and absolutely make things right with their customers. I wish all vendors were like them!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top