BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:47:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know why people are saying if you sell AR15 you will regret it.

I served and carried m16...I've owned/built many AR15s and at one point I sold all of my AR15s and went to AK74.  The only reason I went back to AR15 was because friends had AR15 and using same mags was a huge factor for me.

Well, PAP M85NP has AR mag adapter, so solves my problem.  I won't get rid of all of my AR15s since the market is flooded and I'm not taking a loss on my rifles.

OP, I don't feel you will "regret" getting rid of your AR15...they are a dime a dozen.  Going AK47 will allow you to share ammo with your SKS, so that's a huge plus for you.

AR15 isn't going to fire rusted steel ammo and may not fire steel ammo 100%.  I found some rusted 223 ammo last time I went to the range...put it in my Lancer mag and my M85NP shoot it with no issue.  No way my AR15 was shooting that ammo.

Don't get me wrong, I dig the AR15 platform as I feel it's the most modular platform out there, BUT I just dig how simple the AK is and I can fire my M85NP folded...cannot do that with AR15 rifle/pistol.  I find that to be a great asset since I can carry my AK pistol with LTCF in PA.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the honest feedback. Some of those things don't apply to me because of CA stuff, but I appreciate it regardless.
I'm still torn honestly. I might try to do a trade for the complete upper with aimpoint, so I can keep the lower at least. I guess I still haven't decided.
I lust after an AR, but every time I get one, I feel really meh about it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 5:29:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I don't have only two rifles, but I really only like to have 1 rifle per "use" so to speak, as money is limited.
The SKS is my general plinker, the Remington 700 is my long range rifle, my 10/22 is for 22 goodness, and I'm just trying to fill the role of "shtf/combat rifle", or whatever you want to call it.
Though being in CA has me less and less attracted to even having such a neutered type of rifle honestly.
View Quote

Duh, sorry about my poor reading skills yesterday.  Not sure how I came to that conclusion after reading again. I was speed reading on my lunch break. Apparently not very well. Lol! Anyway, I would keep your AR. Not because of the AR being vastly superior or anything. Two different animals really. Both good. Having both keeps your options open. Having the ability to utilize both calibers (or more) could be a real asset down the road. As we have witnessed before, what is plentiful today could be scarce tomorrow. If it was me I'd add one of those N-pap's to your stash.

Good luck in your decision.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top