Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/17/2014 4:44:25 AM EDT
All,

As far as I can tell the new round of sanctions should not affect the flow of russian ammo.

Barnaul (produces silver bear/brown bear etc) is NOT included in the new round of sanctions,Barnaul is owned by BSZ holding
http://www.bszholding.ru/

they are not on this list:
http://www.treasury.gov/resource-cen.../20140716.aspx

Also, Tula Cartridge works is privately owned by Aleksey Solovov. Neither he or his company is listed.

Lets spread the word and cut the price gougers off before this goes full retard. I know I am not the only one tired of 'banics'

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 4:46:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Deleted
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
All,

As far as I can tell the new round of sanctions should not affect the flow of russian ammo.

Barnaul (produces silver bear/brown bear etc) is NOT included in the new round of sanctions,Barnaul is owned by BSZ holding
http://www.bszholding.ru/

they are not on this list:
http://www.treasury.gov/resource-cen.../20140716.aspx

Also, Tula Cartridge works is privately owned by Aleksey Solovov. Neither he or his company is listed.

Lets spread the word and cut the price gougers off before this goes full retard. I know I am not the only one tired of 'banics'

View Quote

Good to know, thanks for the heads up, I'll try to spread the word!
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 11:22:24 AM EDT
[#3]
the air liner being shot down could change all of this.

The truth is Molot, Wolf, Tula could all be banned tomorrow.......we just don't know.
Just like Saigas being banned. They are gone.

If you want it, get it before its banned not after.....
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:15:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Also, Tula Cartridge works is privately owned by Aleksey Solovov.

View Quote

No, he is chairman of the board, he may be a stockholder of some note but he doesn't own it all.

I would seriously consider topping off your ammo supplies, not saying panic, but I see no reason why ammo will not be next on the ban list, they had no problem banning 7n6.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Just posted the info hellmann supplied on MAC's article about this, here was his reply:

Military Arms Channel Mod
Unfortunately several distributor reps are saying that Tula specifically is affected. Remember, they don't need to be owned by Kalashnikov Concern to be affected, they only need to have some sort of financial ties.

Article:
Military Arms Channel
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 2:31:56 PM EDT
[#6]
This whole thing just blows....
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just posted the info hellmann supplied on MAC's article about this, here was his reply:

Unfortunately several distributor reps are saying that Tula specifically is affected. Remember, they don't need to be owned by Kalashnikov Concern to be affected, they only need to have some sort of financial ties.

Article:
Military Arms Channel
View Quote

Wouldn't be the first time they've spread bad info and then pandered and back pedaled afterwards.  Some of you love to panic for the sake of panicking. The sanctions won't last forever...and when they end AK's will flow once again.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 5:49:37 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm definitely not panicking, I know this is something that should pass once the international stage cools down, but I know that could be years from now
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 10:29:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Article:
Military Arms Channel
View Quote

I'm also not a lawyer, but MAC interpreted the passage of the sanction language he referenced differently than I did. My reading of it was product that KC has a financial interest in, i.e. they're awaiting the balance of a payment or something, not just any company they've done business with in the past. But I could be wrong.

As others have pointed out, this situation isn't getting better, and even if it does that doesn't mean that the government is going to ease up on these restrictions. Don't panic buy, but don't get complacent either.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 6:37:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wouldn't be the first time they've spread bad info and then pandered and back pedaled afterwards.  Some of you love to panic for the sake of panicking. The sanctions won't last forever...and when they end AK's will flow once again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Article:
Military Arms Channel

The sanctions are just a subterfuge to ban guns and ammo. A change in political conditions wont likely lift the ban. The Russian arms that would of come to US consumers will now be picked up on the cheap by others. Russia wont make the mistake of expanding in US market again unless the WTO kicks Obama in the balls for an illegal trade restraint.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 7:24:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I dont want to tinfoil but i feel that the whole owo thing is happening and thsy want us to consoldate calibers to only the factories they can really control, so yes they can slowly take it away, atleast account for it. I think we all need to promote 5.45 and other sources such as reloading to the wealthy amoung us and not just run to 5.56 so they can just cut us off completely.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The sanctions are just a subterfuge to ban guns and ammo. A change in political conditions wont likely lift the ban. The Russian arms that would of come to US consumers will now be picked up on the cheap by others. Russia wont make the mistake of expanding in US market again unless the WTO kicks Obama in the balls for an illegal trade restraint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Article:
Military Arms Channel

Yeah that's is...has nothing to do with what's going on in eastern Ukraine...   Alex Jones has a "special" impact on 13'ers didn't he.  Chill the fuck out and give it some time...  It will be back.  As much as I love firearms, there's way more going on in the world than Obama trying to take our guns...
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Article:
Military Arms Channel

I tend to agree with this. When it comes to political stuff, Tim and the rest of the MAC/TBS crew can get a bit heavyhanded. He says Kalashnikov group operates in Tula, but the Concern Kalashnikov site shows they are based in Ishevsk. I also doubt they would go as far as companies they have stock in. As I read the sanctions, this involves transactions they have interest in. For example, obviously direct imports from them are not permitted. However, attempts for them to use a third party to evade the sanctions would also be blocked. In both cases, they have interest in the transaction. The situation that TBS proposes is certainly possible, it just seems highly unlikely and unenforceable.

We will see.
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#15]
What about Obama's sanctions on specific businessmen and corporations.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top