BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 34
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's an interesting rifle to appraise:  Century M70AB2T (thin receiver, underfolding), bought back in 2010.  The plastic furniture has been replaced with apex wood and an authentic M70 pistol grip.  The catch is that the barrel does not look perfect inside.  It shoots straight, but it looks like there are dots (maybe pitting?) inside.  It came that way and has been reliable/accurate whenever I shot it.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

If it were mine, I'd price it at $600 for the rifle with one mag Edited...VA-gunnut  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As far as I know, this is a Romanian SAR3 in 5.56.  Looks to have been fired once (test fired) as there is still cosmoline (?) inside.

It's been stored by the original owner quite a few years and looks to be in very good condition.  I don't think the original owner fired it.  He's not with us, so I can't ask.

Edited the pic as it included more than the rifle...VA-gunnut

Hope I got the rules correct and all the info needed.  Thanks.

If it were mine, I'd price it at $600 for the rifle with one mag Edited...VA-gunnut  

Is this still the going rate for a SAR-3?  An LGS has one at $750 w/one 5 rd mag and I'm interested.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Is this still the going rate for a SAR-3?  An LGS has one at $750 w/one 5 rd mag and I'm interested.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
As far as I know, this is a Romanian SAR3 in 5.56.  Looks to have been fired once (test fired) as there is still cosmoline (?) inside.

It's been stored by the original owner quite a few years and looks to be in very good condition.  I don't think the original owner fired it.  He's not with us, so I can't ask.

Edited the pic as it included more than the rifle...VA-gunnut

Hope I got the rules correct and all the info needed.  Thanks.

$750 is too high.  Closer to $600 is current market value.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:31:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Thx. I was looking online, but couldn't find one for comparison.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Whats this package worth?

I have a Yugo underfolder in good condition.

rifling is still tight.

No front sight cant.

It runs flawlessly with any ammo.

It now has a poly front handguard, but the original wood is perfect.

Edited...VA-gunnut

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 9:37:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

rifling is still tight.
No front sight cant.

Edited...VA-gunnut

http://i803.photobucket.com/albums/yy319/ezdaar/748cd59e.jpg

View Quote

Interesting that it looks like it has Polish wood handguards
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

rifling is still tight.
No front sight cant.

Edited...VA-gunnut

And a ribbed dustcover......and no notch in the safety. OP, are you sure that's a Yugo?
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 7:23:17 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a NIB 2000 SAR-1 Original owner with all butcher paper wrapped accessories.The rice paper box is wrinkled,but it is serial numbered to the rifle.It came with the nice romy laminated wood,not that red painted crap.
The only time the rifle is been out of the box,I sent it to JBI a couple years to have it debanned.I don't have any current pics as it is buried in the safe,and not easy to get at.Been in controlled heat/air all its life.
Still have the debanned gas block.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2015 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 11:12:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Looking for the rough value on the pictured Polish Hellpup and magazines shown.

Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
$650-$850
View Quote

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/29/2015 5:15:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

rifling is still tight.
No front sight cant.

Edited...VA-gunnut

View Quote

Looks like a polish under folder.
Link Posted: 8/1/2015 5:59:46 PM EDT
[#15]
what's the going rate for an acc/intrac maadi?  a local pawn shop has one, appears to be numbers matching, with od green nato-length kvar furniture and a muzzle nut welded on.  they're asking $900.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
what's the going rate for an acc/intrac maadi?  a local pawn shop has one, appears to be numbers matching, with od green nato-length kvar furniture and a muzzle nut welded on.  they're asking $900.
View Quote

If it is in good shape somewhere between $700-750 would be about right, $900 is too much.
Link Posted: 8/2/2015 7:30:45 PM EDT
[#17]
1980 Romanian G w/ Original barrel and all matching numbers
Nodak Receiver
OD Polymer Warsaw length furniture
Ultimak
xs sights
tapco g2
Krebs retainer plate
od moly resin with krylon camo on top
Really early Jim Fuller build when he was just getting started
I pulled the rear sling loop out during a carbine class but still have it
1500 to 2000 rounds

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/6/2015 9:27:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Don't know too much about it, but I believe it's a Romanian SAR 1 7.62x39 if I'm reading the engravings correctly.

Link Posted: 8/14/2015 11:57:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Just picked up what appears to be an early Century (DCI receiver) M70B1

No matching numbers. No stampings on barrel.  Missing the cleaning rod.

zastava marked front trunion.

Appears to have very little use.

Link Posted: 8/15/2015 7:52:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
1980 Romanian G w/ Original barrel and all matching numbers
Nodak Receiver
OD Polymer Warsaw length furniture
Ultimak
xs sights
tapco g2
Krebs retainer plate
od moly resin with krylon camo on top
Really early Jim Fuller build when he was just getting started
I pulled the rear sling loop out during a carbine class but still have it
1500 to 2000 rounds

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad50/jmmr_big/IMG_2100_zpsm4kyihtq.jpg

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad50/jmmr_big/IMG_2099_zpst06wsc5q.jpg

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad50/jmmr_big/IMG_2102_zpsxqwo6coe.jpg

Thanks
View Quote

This is a tough one to price as it is fairly custom.  I would say somewhere between $800-900 is fair.
Link Posted: 8/15/2015 7:55:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Don't know too much about it, but I believe it's a Romanian SAR 1 7.62x39 if I'm reading the engravings correctly.

http://i.imgur.com/GIgRlE7l.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/hRHTbCfl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/uc0G8sFl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/zOvXZKfl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/BzK0ZHGl.jpg
View Quote

Wow, someone did a number on it and cut the barrel down and pinned on an AMD 65 brake, that will hurt the value.  I'd say it is worth $400-450.
Link Posted: 8/16/2015 8:55:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Can anyone give me a rough value for a BNIB Vepr IV?
Link Posted: 8/17/2015 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Please let me know the value of a Hungarian SA85M with the blonde thumbhole stock.  It is in excellent condition.
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Looking for any insight on the value of a stock Saiga 12. (I lost touch with the market following the import ban nonsense).
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#25]
double
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:38:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/18/2015 8:39:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 11:53:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

$600-$800

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Please let me know the value of a Hungarian SA85M with the blonde thumbhole stock.  It is in excellent condition.

$600-$800

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone want to offer a probable value?

Quoted:

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/SomeBodyFromKC/Mobile%20Uploads/127328DF-555A-409F-8A31-CB0B8DFCE62F_zpsr2txwqje.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 9:54:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Those are on the rarer side IIRC, right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone want to offer a probable value?

Quoted:

http://i1158.photobucket.com/albums/p611/SomeBodyFromKC/Mobile%20Uploads/127328DF-555A-409F-8A31-CB0B8DFCE62F_zpsr2txwqje.jpg

Those are on the rarer side IIRC, right?

It seems there have been a couple of versions from century and this was one of the first revs.

Great receiver and build but non matching.   Took it out today and it shoots like a champ.

A bit of cheek slap however...
Link Posted: 8/23/2015 10:18:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm considering buying a Arsenal SGL 21-61  with plum furniture and a PK01.  What price range should I expect to pay?

Side question... anyone know what some OD green furniture would cost me for this rifle?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/4/2015 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I'm considering buying a Arsenal SGL 21-61  with plum furniture and a PK01.  What price range should I expect to pay?

Side question... anyone know what some OD green furniture would cost me for this rifle?

Thanks!
View Quote

SGL should run around $1K if it is in good condition, PK-01 is worth around $200.  OD furniture can be purchased a k-var here: OD Warsaw for $110.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 5:44:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Not looking to sell. Just curious of value and if there's any added value because of the builder

Romy G kit NDS receiver built by Rifle dynamics

S-12 converted by Tony at Tromix

Virgin m92 kit NDS receiver on a form 1  built by POHF

Link Posted: 9/10/2015 12:38:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Ok, it is a Norinco 313.  Imported by Cheshire & Perez in Monrovia, CA  Never even removed all of the cosmoline from it.  Has the broken shell extractor & cleaning kit in the butt, and the gas adjust "tool"

Short stroke gas system

Muzzle threads are right hand

3 position gas, 2 ports & "off" in the center

Import mark is electro-chem etched.

It would be good to know a value for insurance purposes.   A couple of threads I found from 2012 on other boards say it is "rare" but those threads derailed over personal stuff.  I knew Chuck Cheshire personally, and this has been in my safe since 1989 or so.

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Just wondering.

Let's see, AK74. Built from Bulgarian kit that had the original combloc chrome lined barrel. NDS reciever. all new Magpul zhukov furniture and I have original plum furniture. Midwest industrys optic mount. PA advanced micro dot. Not pictured is a CNC warrior compact break. I have 16 Tapco mags and about 3500 rounds of 7n6

What do you think the entire package would go for?

Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:51:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 9:56:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 9/11/2015 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 2:52:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Ok, it is a Norinco 313.  Imported by Cheshire & Perez in Monrovia, CA  Never even removed all of the cosmoline from it.  Has the broken shell extractor & cleaning kit in the butt, and the gas adjust "tool"

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-p-ZJZvXm6WE/VfGuXcw0jBI/AAAAAAAAB5g/_VTd-4Sh1cE/s1152-Ic42/N313a.jpg

Short stroke gas system

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-nFLrdzLuqwQ/VfGuXfOhj8I/AAAAAAAAB54/-zZWFk9BzJU/s800-Ic42/N313b.jpg

Muzzle threads are right hand

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-5AFTasE6EtQ/VfGuXZwt4DI/AAAAAAAAB5k/b-Aw0O1qnOk/s720-Ic42/N313c.jpg

3 position gas, 2 ports & "off" in the center

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-HGIfa7NaCoQ/VfGuYdd_uAI/AAAAAAAAB50/zYVLMwq1k_g/s720-Ic42/N313d.jpg

Import mark is electro-chem etched.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-o9ozHHIE5ps/VfGuYoR4YeI/AAAAAAAAB58/Zhi7Ka7J4YI/s720-Ic42/N313e.jpg

It would be good to know a value for insurance purposes.   A couple of threads I found from 2012 on other boards say it is "rare" but those threads derailed over personal stuff.  I knew Chuck Cheshire personally, and this has been in my safe since 1989 or so.

View Quote

Im almost certain that's a Type 81 also called the model 313,very, very rare.

I would say easily over $5000 and im probably REALLY low on that figure.I wouldnt be shocked if it wasnt double that and then some in that condition.

If it was mine and wanted to put insurance value on it,it would be north of $10K for insurance purposes,maybe even $15K to be on the safe side.

Thanks for sharing the pics thats a beauty,nice to see it in pristine condition.Value will only increase on that.
Link Posted: 9/12/2015 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I would say easily over $5000 and im probably REALLY low on that figure.I wouldnt be shocked if it wasnt double that and then some in that condition.

If it was mine and wanted to put insurance value on it,it would be north of $10K for insurance purposes,maybe even $15K to be on the safe side.

Thanks for sharing the pics thats a beauty,nice to see it in pristine condition.Value will only increase on that.
View Quote

Thanks for the info.  I can give you a little back story on how this rifle came to be at C&P  Chuck Cheshire was a competitive rifle shooter. Won some matches with a 30-06 in his day.  He was not fond of the "bumper jack" that Colt was selling to police departments.  The Law Enforcement sales were his business, and he was competing with Colt for sales - but S&W did not offer a Rifle. The SLA shootout in 1974 had made departments aware of how much they needed rifles.

The rifles were imported as "313 Heavy Barrel Target Rifle".  Chuck was not thrilled with the accuracy - military 7.62x39 was not exactly match ammo.  

After that he focused on just selling handguns to departments. About that time 40 S&W came along, and he had no trouble selling pistols.

He was in fact responsible for much of the LEO training in CA at one time.

Chuck in center:

Link Posted: 9/12/2015 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Thanks for the info.  I can give you a little back story on how this rifle came to be at C&P  Chuck Cheshire was a competitive rifle shooter. Won some matches with a 30-06 in his day.  He was not fond of the "bumper jack" that Colt was selling to police departments.  The Law Enforcement sales were his business, and he was competing with Colt for sales - but S&W did not offer a Rifle. The SLA shootout in 1974 had made departments aware of how much they needed rifles.

The rifles were imported as "313 Heavy Barrel Target Rifle".  Chuck was not thrilled with the accuracy - military 7.62x39 was not exactly match ammo.  

After that he focused on just selling handguns to departments. About that time 40 S&W came along, and he had no trouble selling pistols.

Chuck in center:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3JeS9TZkRH8/UbU55kWcsbI/AAAAAAAAA9A/wMOCCCjzISM/s800-Ic42/relay_0013.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chuck in center:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3JeS9TZkRH8/UbU55kWcsbI/AAAAAAAAA9A/wMOCCCjzISM/s800-Ic42/relay_0013.jpg

Your welcome,glad to help out.

Wow, thats some great background on the rifle and how it became to be imported.

Thanks for that bit of history on it,never knew any of that.

From what i know about the rifle, the Chinese military used these and may still be using them and their designation is the Type 81.Im assuming once these got the ok to be imported they renamed it the 313.

If you went to China and asked about a model 313 they would probably look like this.  Now if you asked about the Type 81 they would know what it is right away

Im wondering if our friends up in Canada can get these.

First pic there is a Type 81 in the background.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 9:41:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Got a trade offer but I am so inexperienced with AK's it isn't funny. Any help or advice is appreciated.

I have a Kimber Custom II with 5 mags and Alien Gear holster. Guy is offering me a converted Saiga with 3 mags and some ammo. He wants $100 as a kicker.

I offered straight up trade but he won't budge. I have been looking for a Saiga AK for a while so, the urge is there but, I want to put brains before emotion.

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:04:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Got a trade offer but I am so inexperienced with AK's it isn't funny. Any help or advice is appreciated.

I have a Kimber Custom II with 5 mags and Alien Gear holster. Guy is offering me a converted Saiga with 3 mags and some ammo. He wants $100 as a kicker.

I offered straight up trade but he won't budge. I have been looking for a Saiga AK for a while so, the urge is there but, I want to put brains before emotion.

<a href="http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/Sainte_x/media/image.jpg1_zps9gh5ka3p.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b425/Sainte_x/image.jpg1_zps9gh5ka3p.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/Sainte_x/media/image.jpg2_zps4kjbq1rr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b425/Sainte_x/image.jpg2_zps4kjbq1rr.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/Sainte_x/media/image.jpg3_zpsng1l3blr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b425/Sainte_x/image.jpg3_zpsng1l3blr.jpg</a>
View Quote

It is a partially converted Saiga.  Rear end has been done but the front end only has a bolt-on handguard retainer allowing the use of standard furniture but no correct gas block or FSB.  Value is around $650.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 1:25:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It is a partially converted Saiga.  Rear end has been done but the front end only has a bolt-on handguard retainer allowing the use of standard furniture but no correct gas block or FSB.  Value is around $650.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/Sainte_x/media/image.jpg1_zps9gh5ka3p.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b425/Sainte_x/image.jpg1_zps9gh5ka3p.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/Sainte_x/media/image.jpg2_zps4kjbq1rr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b425/Sainte_x/image.jpg2_zps4kjbq1rr.jpg</a>

<a href="http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/Sainte_x/media/image.jpg3_zpsng1l3blr.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b425/Sainte_x/image.jpg3_zpsng1l3blr.jpg</a>

TYS!
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 10:38:31 PM EDT
[#48]
No pics,
but 98% all matching parts,  1985 KFS imported, Polytech Aks 762 spiker, one non ribbed polytech mag, no box.
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 12:45:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Not really a price check Q? but how did the Arsenal v. FIME crap work out. IMO quality is equal, but in a few years will there still be a premium on the Asrsenal Legion Saigas v. the FIME rifles (the fixed stock versions not the folders)?
Link Posted: 9/16/2015 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Not really a price check Q? but how did the Arsenal v. FIME crap work out. IMO quality is equal, but in a few years will there still be a premium on the Asrsenal Legion Saigas v. the FIME rifles (the fixed stock versions not the folders)?
View Quote

As long as ignorant forum-sluts buy things because of the name, Arsenals will continue to command a premium over FIME, IMO. "Board-think" is too strong to overcome facts, I've found.
Page / 34
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top