Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 34
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 2:06:24 PM EDT
[#1]
gentlemen, i present these pictures of an Arsenal AK of some kind i bought in 2008/9 timeframe, & has been sitting in my safe ever since a range trip or two.  am considering getting rid of it, & was wondering as to its worth.

a Google search shows that this may be a SGL-21?  please feel free to educated me, & apologies for poor lighting in a couple of the pics.  i can take more pics of specific areas, if that is useful to you folks.

thank you.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/5/2017 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
gentlemen, i present these pictures of an Arsenal AK of some kind i bought in 2008/9 timeframe, & has been sitting in my safe ever since a range trip or two.  am considering getting rid of it, & was wondering as to its worth.

a Google search shows that this may be a SGL-21?  please feel free to educated me, & apologies for poor lighting in a couple of the pics.  i can take more pics of specific areas, if that is useful to you folks.

thank you.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/373018/ak2-223709.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/373018/ak4-223710.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/373018/ak-stock-223711.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/373018/ak-rail-223716.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/373018/ak-potato-1-223712.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/373018/ak-potato-2-223714.JPG
View Quote
Sir,you are correct its a SGL21 and a very nice example of one.

Whats going to drive the price up on value on this is its an original Legion rifle  and not a newer FIME group stamped rifle

These are very sought after by collectors and purist AK guys as the Legion Izhevesk stamped ones like your have been changed to the FIME models.

The rail option hand guard is a plus as well.

Gunbroker will net you the most money and the  most traffic with people looking for these

As is with not box on gunbroker- $1400-1600

If you have the original box and all the extras - $1500-1800 maybe more

I have seen some go for $2000 before but thats usually unfired and requires the right bidders

Local sale wont see those numbers,usually subtract $200-300 for a local sale unless you find the right buyer

Hope this helps

Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I've been thinking about getting rid of my Bulgarian AKS-74U and AKS-74 parts kits. I've had them for a long time and I just don't know that I'll get around to building them, although the 5.45 Krink is my favorite looking AK. The Krink kit is new/unissued with the original barrel, and the AKS-74 has what looks new other than the bolt & carrier has handling wear.

I'll probably have them built, but it would be mighty temping to sell them if I could replace them with a SR-25.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Whats going to drive the price up on value on this is its an original Legion rifle  and not a newer FIME group stamped rifle

These are very sought after by collectors and purist AK guys as the Legion Izhevesk stamped ones like your have been changed to the FIME models.

Gunbroker will net you the most money and the  most traffic with people looking for these

I have seen some go for $2000 before but thats usually unfired and requires the right bidders

Local sale wont see those numbers,usually subtract $200-300 for a local sale unless you find the right buyer

Hope this helps

View Quote
thank you for your knowledgeable reply, sir.  it is much appreciated.  i feel like one of those people on Antiques Roadshow, who has something more valuable than he thought.
Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
thank you for your knowledgeable reply, sir.  it is much appreciated.  i feel like one of those people on Antiques Roadshow, who has something more valuable than he thought.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hope this helps

Your welcome.

Yes, always check before selling something you dont want to give it away

Link Posted: 6/6/2017 9:50:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about getting rid of my Bulgarian AKS-74U and AKS-74 parts kits. I've had them for a long time and I just don't know that I'll get around to building them, although the 5.45 Krink is my favorite looking AK. The Krink kit is new/unissued with the original barrel, and the AKS-74 has what looks new other than the bolt & carrier has handling wear.

I'll probably have them built, but it would be mighty temping to sell them if I could replace them with a SR-25.
View Quote
I dont really keep up with the parts kits prices much anymore but if i had to guess a range to price it in i would say-

AKS-74U-  These range widely in price last time i looked at them.  Going to say $1000-1500

AKS-74- With original barrel- $600-700  

without original barrel - $325-425

This is just an estimate,try looking on gunbroker to see what they have been bringing in the past 2-3 months to get a better idea
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 10:47:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Unfired Intrac MkII AK74, one of the few arsenal made AK74 variants imported before the Clinton ban. Partially stripped rattle can job, I got interrupted when I had it in the walnut shell blaster. Barrel nut weld was ground off to see if the muzzle was threaded, it isn't. I believe the US stock is K-Var. All Romanian otherwise including bolt with upswept charging handle. Looking for value as is and stripped of paint.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2017 12:33:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Unfired Intrac MkII AK74, one of the few arsenal made AK74 variants imported before the Clinton ban. Partially stripped rattle can job, I got interrupted when I had it in the walnut shell blaster. Barrel nut weld was ground off to see if the muzzle was threaded, it isn't. I believe the US stock is K-Var. All Romanian otherwise including bolt with upswept charging handle. Looking for value as is and stripped of paint.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/293779/1-223879-225782.JPG
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/293779/2-223881-225784.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/293779/3-223882-225785.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/293779/6-223884-225786.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/293779/7-223883-225787.JPG
View Quote
I personally had one of these several months ago that was in mint condition with laminated Russian wood. I traded it for a National Match milled Norinco AK which is worth @$1000-1200 just to give you an idea what a mint one might bring

Damn good rifle which was only imported one year (1997) in this configuration.These are sought after rifles with the upturned charging handle and the dimples in the receiver.

As is now $600-650

Stripped of paint- $700-800 I would say with the wear it has its a solid $750 rifle. Gunbroker will net the higher end of the price range

Link Posted: 6/17/2017 3:03:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey there I have just aquired an unfired Norinco Type 56s Sile, NY import, no original box and only 1 original mag. I paid $900 and was wondering how good I did on this rifle. Not real sure how to upload photos but here is a link to them.Thanks
https://imgur.com/gallery/f7JXN
Link Posted: 6/17/2017 7:42:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hey there I have just aquired an unfired Norinco Type 56s Sile, NY import, no original box and only 1 original mag. I paid $900 and was wondering how good I did on this rifle. Not real sure how to upload photos but here is a link to them.Thanks
https://imgur.com/gallery/f7JXN
View Quote
Hi.

You did very good on that nice 56s

The market on these has slipped a bit in the past month or so and will rebound again like it always does.

That said,an un fired 56s in excellent condition like yours is still around $1400-1500

Several months ago it was a $1500-1800 rifle without the box,etc

Hold onto it and dont modify anything on it. Shooting it wont really effect the value much as the box etc is not there for collectors who look for that.

Take care of it and it will only go up in value over time

Link Posted: 6/18/2017 4:26:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for your reply. I felt like I did pretty well on it. Still not sure if I want to shoot it still.
Link Posted: 6/18/2017 11:12:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thanks for your reply. I felt like I did pretty well on it. Still not sure if I want to shoot it still.
View Quote
You are welcome,glad to help anytime.

If your dont want to shoot it, buy a WASR and shoot the crap out of it and keep the Norinco pristine

Link Posted: 6/21/2017 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#13]
106UR that has a triangle folding stock, 4 piece muzzle break, and 8 Circle 10 mags. It was converted to a SBR Krink by AZEX Firearms, and has an 8.5" barrel.   Thoughts on price of that package?

Thanks. 
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:35:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
106UR that has a triangle folding stock, 4 piece muzzle break, and 8 Circle 10 mags. It was converted to a SBR Krink by AZEX Firearms, and has an 8.5" barrel.   Thoughts on price of that package?

Thanks. 
View Quote
For value on everything i would say $1100-1500 but what will hurt trying to sell it is the 223 models don't get the attention or demand that the commie calibers get

Arsenal had a batch of the 106 rifles that caused problems,which they did fix with later production 106's but it left a bad taste in potential buyers along with the caliber that really never took off compared to 5.45 and 7.62

Sell it as a package and it will sell,not up to date on what the mags are bringing so figure $800-900 for the rifle,then add the mags and the other stuff in at a used cost of course to see what you should start out asking for it then work down in price if it doesn't sell

Hope this helps out
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:50:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For value on everything i would say $1100-1500 but what will hurt trying to sell it is the 223 models don't get the attention or demand that the commie calibers get

Arsenal had a batch of the 106 rifles that caused problems,which they did fix with later production 106's but it left a bad taste in potential buyers along with the caliber that really never took off compared to 5.45 and 7.62

Sell it as a package and it will sell,not up to date on what the mags are bringing so figure $800-900 for the rifle,then add the mags and the other stuff in at a used cost of course to see what you should start out asking for it then work down in price if it doesn't sell

Hope this helps out
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. 

Hope this helps out
Very much.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:09:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FlyLeaf, I have three Bulgarian AK's I'll probably have to sell to pay some hospital bills (thanks Obama!).
One SLR-93 and two SLR 95's. All are new, unfired, unaltered, unfondled with the correct Arsenal boxes.

Any idea what to ask if I have to sell them fast? Also, is GB or AA better than here?
View Quote
The SLR-93 in NIB condition which is a super rare find in the box unfired- $1200-1400 maybe more if the right people see it

Quick sale - $1000-1100 -do not let it go for under $1000 this is a solid $1200 rifle all day long,i personally would not sell it for less than $1100

SLR-95 in NIB condition - $1000-1100

Quick sale- $850-900 if you really had to let it go quickly $800

Gunbroker is by far the best price to get for collectable or rare rifles such as this.Lots of views and it only costs you a tiny bit if it sells

Usually prices here to get it to sell will be @$100-200 less than the far end of the estimates above but not always the case,sometimes a lot less.

AKfiles is a great place to sell too for good prices if you can wade through the shit storm over there.

Hopefully you wont have to sell them.

My advise would be to sell the 2 SLR-95's first and hold onto the SLR-93 and only sell it if you really had too
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:24:28 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Very much.  Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. 

Hope this helps out
Very much.  Thanks!
Anytime

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:56:21 AM EDT
[#19]
So I recently picked up a unfired pre ban norinco 84s-1. It has the original box and manual but all of the accessories are missing and I also couldn't take the original mags because I live in a ban state. So what would it be worth? I'm probably going to shoot it since the unfired condition doesn't add much if any value without the accessories and mags from what I can find, also I don't plan on getting rid of it.

Link Posted: 6/22/2017 12:26:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
So I recently picked up a unfired pre ban norinco 84s-1. It has the original box and manual but all of the accessories are missing and I also couldn't take the original mags because I live in a ban state. So what would it be worth? I'm probably going to shoot it since the unfired condition doesn't add much if any value without the accessories and mags from what I can find, also I don't plan on getting rid of it.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee270/speedstar13/IMG_2314.jpg
View Quote
Nice find,not taking the original mags if they were 30 rounders hurts the value as each 30 round mag is worth $90-100 each as they are very hard to find.

The accessories would be easy to find online,the mags well they can be bought and you would have a complete unfired package if you wanted to keep it in NIB condition.

Keep in mind that only the Norinco mags will work in this rifle,the Polytech 223 mags will not work,they look the same but they are not.Some guys have had luck using Bulgarian mags with fitting.

As far as price goes NIB with no mags or accessories $1200-1300 if you had the mags $1300-1500 maybe more to the right collector

If you can still get the mags,have them shipped to a non ban state
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:50:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks for the info Flyleaf!
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#22]
I am trading for a Circle 11 Ak parts kit That is number matching except the selector lever. The front sight post and gas tube may need to be replaced because of damage from removal. There is no barrel . The trunion is dated 1968. the finish is rough but no pitting or rust
What is the value of the parts kit?
Thanks
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I am trading for a Circle 11 Ak parts kit That is number matching except the selector lever. The front sight post and gas tube may need to be replaced because of damage from removal. There is no barrel . The trunion is dated 1968. the finish is rough but no pitting or rust
What is the value of the parts kit?
Thanks
View Quote
$225-275 tops
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 5:31:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

$225-275 tops
View Quote
Would that change much if he were to replace the sight and gas block with period correct parts?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Would that change much if he were to replace the sight and gas block with period correct parts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$225-275 tops
If they are the correct pieces,add another $60-75 to the price.

If the kit was in excellent shape it would be @$400-420 or so without a barrel.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 1:07:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
FlyLeaf....How much a slightly used, plum furniture Polytech Legend cost nowadays?  Very good to very very good condition.
 Thank you.

ETA:  will take pic and post in few days.
View Quote
Are you saying that the wood furniture that originally came on the Legends is missing and was replaced with poly plum furniture?

Fixed stock or the under folder? Any box or extras like mags,bayonet,etc?

Will wait until you can post a pic or two before i can give a estimate.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#29]
NIB SLG31-68?
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
NIB SLG31-68?
View Quote
$1500-2000 on gunbroker if its a Legion marked receiver

FIME marked receiver - $300 less

Collectors want these in NIB condition
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I know it's not for AKM's.
Looking for assistance on the value of an NEA VZ-58 handguard set with 2 rail sections.

Link Posted: 7/7/2017 10:56:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I know it's not for AKM's.
Looking for assistance on the value of an NEA VZ-58 handguard set with 2 rail sections.
http://i.imgur.com/NdDK1jR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HbwlM36.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IXbPrTI.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/V8TrQA1.jpg
View Quote
If i remember correctly these were @ $170-200 new but i think they stopped making them or company went belly up,cant recall

I have seen them go for $200 in used condition so i would say $175-200 for the set.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:47:23 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If i remember correctly these were @ $170-200 new but i think they stopped making them or company went belly up,cant recall

I have seen them go for $200 in used condition so i would say $175-200 for the set.
View Quote
Thank You.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Thank You.
View Quote
Your welcome

Link Posted: 7/9/2017 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Looking for possible value and info on a Yugo M72. It's stamped and has a Dan Coonan receiver. I've read that CAI used DCI receivers on their early builds. Does that add value?
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Looking for possible value and info on a Yugo M72. It's stamped and has a Dan Coonan receiver. I've read that CAI used DCI receivers on their early builds. Does that add value?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/286722/20170704-175219-249841.JPG
View Quote
You read correctly,they are sought after over the later builds and will be more valued as well

How much more really depends on the buyers knowledge and how bad he wants it.

I would guess between $100-250 more
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 8:02:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You read correctly,they are sought after over the later builds and will be more valued as well

View Quote
Thank you. So what would the overall value be for just a basic M72? I've seen a wide range of prices on gunbroker and most of those are NDS receivers.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Thank you. So what would the overall value be for just a basic M72? I've seen a wide range of prices on gunbroker and most of those are NDS receivers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your welcome.

These are all over the place on prices that people are asking for them.

I have seen several just like yours that have a drum mag included and the sellers are asking $1300-1500 but they aren't selling.

Real value that will sell and not sit for months is probably between $1000-1200 as is. I wouldn't let it go for less than $1000.

Hope this helps some
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Your welcome.

I have seen several just like yours that have a drum mag included and the sellers are asking $1300-1500 but they aren't selling.

Real value that will sell and not sit for months is probably between $1000-1200 as is. I wouldn't let it go for less than $1000.

Hope this helps some
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your welcome.

Hope this helps some
It does help. That was about what I was thinking. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 10:40:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
FlyLeaf....How much a slightly used, plum furniture Polytech Legend cost nowadays?  Very good to very very good condition.
 Thank you.

ETA:  will take pic and post in few days.
Are you saying that the wood furniture that originally came on the Legends is missing and was replaced with poly plum furniture?

Fixed stock or the under folder? Any box or extras like mags,bayonet,etc?

Will wait until you can post a pic or two before i can give a estimate.
My mistake:  it's original furniture, not plum, bayonet with scabbard, and two mags with 2 mags.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/923/IMG-4882-250851.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/923/IMG-4883-250854.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/923/IMG-4884-250870.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/923/IMG-4888-250864.jpg

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/923/IMG-4889-250867.jpg
Beautiful rifle.

$2400-2800 all day long

DO NOT sell it for less than $2400 unless you really need the money. It should sell easy on gunbroker in that condition for $2500+ possibly more than $2800 if the right buyers see it.

If you had the box,manual,etc it would be a $3000 rifle

Thanks for sharing the pics,love to see the classics in original condition
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 10:34:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/11/2017 2:04:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Thank you for the compliment and appreciate your insight and expertise.
View Quote
Your welcome,glad to be of help.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 2:43:16 PM EDT
[#44]
What do you think a Legion VEPR 1ve in 7.62x39 is worth?  Not many made it in.  I would like to actually know how many did.  I would estimate under 250.  I have fired one 30 round mag through it. I know I probably should not have but I just had to see how it shoots.  Which was excellent.  Pretty much dialed in out of the box.  The box is in great condition and the rifle is in very excellent shape.  LNIB  I think it is hard to gauge because I have not seen one sell since Molot got added to the list.

Are these showing up for everyone?  I don't think I see them until they are approved because of low post count.
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:57:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What do you think a Legion VEPR 1ve in 7.62x39 is worth?  Not many made it in.  I would like to actually know how many did.  I would estimate under 250.  I have fired one 30 round mag through it. I know I probably should not have but I just had to see how it shoots.  Which was excellent.  Pretty much dialed in out of the box.  The box is in great condition and the rifle is in very excellent shape.  LNIB  I think it is hard to gauge because I have not seen one sell since Molot got added to the list.

http://i.imgur.com/HdqrRDV.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/nRccMzt.jpg

Are these showing up for everyone?  I don't think I see them until they are approved because of low post count.
View Quote
Pics are working fine on my end.

Not idea on how many made it into the country,maybe someone else has some info on that

NIB if i remember they were @$1100-1200 but that was before the mess with the import ban from Molot.

Hard to judge the value on a rare model with a ban on them ongoing as the market will be all over the place until the panic settles down.

If i had to guess i would ask at least $1500-1700 on gunbroker if you want to sell maybe more with the box,etc. Its not a $2000 rifle though,at least not yet
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks!  Pic of the box and all Russian owners manual  My friend with several of these gems has asked legion with no response.  With the smooth side rpk thickness receiver, and three lug locking system with spring loaded firing pin I think the value should go up quickly.  I should hold onto as long as I can.

Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Thanks!  Pic of the box and all Russian owners manual  My friend with several of these gems has asked legion with no response.  With the smooth side rpk thickness receiver, and three lug locking system with spring loaded firing pin I think the value should go up quickly.  I should hold onto as long as I can.

http://i.imgur.com/srKv67G.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vzmfEym.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Sd0Ronh.jpg
View Quote
Your welcome.

Keep it in that condition and the price will only go up,unless of course the import ban is lifted at some point then value will go down if more are imported

Its a fine line when to sell or to hang onto it.Timing is everything

Case in point. When the 1st Molot ban was put into play i had almost 20 Vepr 12 Molot mags.Panic hit and the mags sold for $145-300 each on gunbroker

The crazy price on them only lasted for 3 weeks or so until it cooled down,i jumped on the opportunity and made $3000 in less than a week.

After the panic they went back down to $80-100 each
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:27:58 PM EDT
[#48]
From what I have read this ban will only go away if Russia leaves Crimea, is that correct?  I don't keep up with everything and certainly know way less than you or lots of people out there.  If that is true I don't see them leaving.  Could a President tell the DOJ to remove them from the list?  Honest question, I do not know the answer. Sorry, this may not be the correct place for this question.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:28:59 AM EDT
[#49]
It is the nicest AK I have ever held.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:34:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Panic, during the panic after Newtown.  I snagged an R-guns AR upper AIM I think for a little over $400 from having notifications set up.  Sold the BCG for 350 and the rest of the upper for 450.  snap
Page / 34
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top