Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 34
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:56:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I have read this ban will only go away if Russia leaves Crimea, is that correct?  I don't keep up with everything and certainly know way less than you or lots of people out there.  If that is true I don't see them leaving.  Could a President tell the DOJ to remove them from the list?  Honest question, I do not know the answer. Sorry, this may not be the correct place for this question.
View Quote
Honestly i dont know the answer to that either.

Best thing to do is keep it in good shape as it is and if you decide to sell it watch the prices on gunbroker of rifles like your that sell.

Not what they are asking for them,but what they actually sell for.Right now your looking at roughly $1500 or so give or take

Best of luck and thanks for sharing the pics
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 1:39:39 AM EDT
[#2]
It would be nice if there were a like button!  LOL, I would not have to respond.  Thanks for your advice.  I certainly hope no more ever get through and there were less than 250.  Legion seemed to get them in odd numbered batches.  Between 10-25 at a time.  At first they sold off quick but then slowed down. I paid 1299. Sort of hoping, and sorry for everyone else's chances but it would nice if FIME could block Legion from bringing them in. But it is my understanding that since these came from a different country that if Molot had not been added to the list Legion could still import them whether meant for this market or not.  These guns were not supposed to be here. Meant for the EURO market.  Will not fire when folded without modification. The 5.56 ones were stamped .223 which is not supposed to happen for stuff coming from Russia.  But these did not come straight from Russia.  How many Russian AK's are stamped .223 in in the US? I think only the 1ve's that made it through.  I know this is different than mine and sort of changed the subject, my friend has one of those too.

Great talking with you!  Thanks again.  I should post more, member since 2012.  Lurk less, post more!

Sure wish I still had the 1st gun I bought new. SLR-95.  That thing was sweet.  But sold it to buy a 20 inch Bushmaster during the ban.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 2:07:02 AM EDT
[#3]
How about a fairly early 410 saiga,  and a 308 saiga both converted.  Sorry, not the best pics I have now.

Excuse the slide fire but that is really fun with a 410 and a 30 round.

And last but not lease at 1997 CUR1.

http://i.imgur.com/B9aYEqb.png

All in excellent condition.  Well, the CUR1 has the standard not so good markings and blemishes.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 12:56:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
How about a fairly early 410 saiga,  and a 308 saiga both converted.  Sorry, not the best pics I have now.

http://i.imgur.com/uaxwJV8.png

Excuse the slide fire but that is really fun with a 410 and a 30 round.

http://i.imgur.com/XEMtLCa.jpg

And last but not lease at 1997 CUR1.

All in excellent condition.  Well, the CUR1 has the standard not so good markings and blemishes.
View Quote
Saiga 410 converted- $700-800 could go up depending on how bad people panic buy them

Saiga 308 converted- NIB converted ones are going for @$1100-1200 and selling at that price,so with the drum i would say $1000-1100 for yours,again prices may go up

CUR1 - Should be marked RATMIL on the left side if the sight block.These were only imported in 1997 and have the dimpled receiver mag well.Sought after as these were probably the best quality of the Romanian imports.

Price should net- $700-850 on gunbroker as is.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks again, yes I bought the CUR1 in 1997.  I love that thing.  Uncut receiver during the ban was great.
Link Posted: 7/15/2017 11:57:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Im not sure about this one at all can you help me determine value?  Registered SBR in Oregon.

1987 Yugo M70B1 made into pistol kit. Zastava marked FSB. I built into SBR with AK-Builder tools and rivets, Tapco G2, unfinished receiver.  Runs great.

Do these options change value?
Cut up sell as kit
Add extensions remove from registry sell as rifle
sell as SBR, most likely in state

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:36:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok, so 3 years later I'll ask again about this gun since I never really got an answer the first time.
Norinco Type 56-3 like new, no box with correct bayonet and manual.
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:49:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Im not sure about this one at all can you help me determine value?  Registered SBR in Oregon.

1987 Yugo M70B1 made into pistol kit. Zastava marked FSB. I built into SBR with AK-Builder tools and rivets, Tapco G2, unfinished receiver.  Runs great.

Do these options change value?
Cut up sell as kit
Add extensions remove from registry sell as rifle
sell as SBR, most likely in state

https://images.craigslist.org/00q0q_crplGPvO41U_1200x900.jpg
https://images.craigslist.org/00V0V_3u56W26hgBq_1200x900.jpg
View Quote
Very hard to price something custom like this.Problem is you have to find the right buyer who is looking for all these options.

Price also depends on who built it,in this case it was a personal build so again it will hurt the price.

Kit would be easier to sell,im just giving you a ballpark figure here.

Kit form- $500-600
Sell as rifle- $700-800
SBR price as is- $800-900

Selling as a rifle would be easiest and get the most attention from buyers.

Its likely worth more than that but its hard to sell a rifle from a kit unless you have documentation from a well known builder,sucks but thats the way it is.

Hope this helps out some,prices arent set in stone just use them as a guide and go from there

Link Posted: 7/16/2017 11:59:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ok, so 3 years later I'll ask again about this gun since I never really got an answer the first time.
Norinco Type 56-3 like new, no box with correct bayonet and manual.
http://i.imgur.com/RbNFAU8.jpg
View Quote
This one is easy as i love pricing the Chinese rifles.

Probably a good thing it took 3 years to get a price on this as the prices have went wild on the rare prebans in that time

This is one of the very,very rare Bakelite 56-3 as you mentioned.Beautiful rifle,that will command a premium price on gunbroker

Price as is $2400-2800 and i will even say as much as $3000 if you list it with excellent pics and list it correctly in the title heading

DO NOT sell it for less than $2400,i personally would not let it go for less than $2500 or $2600,it is very desirable to collectors.If you had the box,etc $3000+

Sorry no one gave you a estimate,this one is up to date and very accurate for today's market

Link Posted: 7/17/2017 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#10]
FlyLeaf, thank you for your detailed response!
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Probably a good thing it took 3 years to get a price on this as the prices have went wild on the rare prebans in that time

This is one of the very,very rare Bakelite 56-3 as you mentioned.Beautiful rifle,that will command a premium price on gunbroker

Price as is $2400-2800 and i will even say as much as $3000 if you list it with excellent pics and list it correctly in the title heading

DO NOT sell it for less than $2400,i personally would not let it go for less than $2500 or $2600,it is very desirable to collectors.If you had the box,etc $3000+

Sorry no one gave you a estimate,this one is up to date and very accurate for today's market

View Quote
Thanks you for the reply. I had seen a few sell on Gun Broker for a good chunk in the past and have seen some asking $2200 and not a single bidder.
Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:53:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
FlyLeaf, thank you for your detailed response!
View Quote
Your welcome

Link Posted: 7/17/2017 10:58:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Thanks you for the reply. I had seen a few sell on Gun Broker for a good chunk in the past and have seen some asking $2200 and not a single bidder.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your welcome,glad to help out.

Timing is everything, as is who sees it.Be patient if you decide to sell it,it will sell.Not many around for buyers to dicker on prices

Link Posted: 7/20/2017 7:11:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I have an SASM7-21 Arsenal Classic Milled Underfolder with an AH serial number prefix.  I bought it used and it doesn't look like it has been shot much.  I'd rate it at 95%.  It has the factory blond wood, bayo, oil bottle, sling, manual and box.  Anyone have an idea on what a fair price to ask for this would be?  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2017 11:01:25 PM EDT
[#15]
What is a like new Romanian-built Draco-C with the underfolding trunion worth?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:28:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I have an SASM7-21 Arsenal Classic Milled Underfolder with an AH serial number prefix.  I bought it used and it doesn't look like it has been shot much.  I'd rate it at 95%.  It has the factory blond wood, bayo, oil bottle, sling, manual and box.  Anyone have an idea on what a fair price to ask for this would be?  Thanks
View Quote
These are very nice rifles and usually get a great price on gunbroker

Without seeing any pics i would say between $1800-2500  I would lean more towards the $2000+ with the box ,etc
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:29:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What is a like new Romanian-built Draco-C with the underfolding trunion worth?  Thanks!
View Quote
$550-650

Link Posted: 7/21/2017 1:59:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

$550-650

View Quote
Thank you.  All I see these days are American made Dracos for around $600, so I figured a Romanian made one with the underfolder trunion would be worth more.  Like $800 or something.

Unless that's what the winky face is for?
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 8:39:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thank you.  All I see these days are American made Dracos for around $600, so I figured a Romanian made one with the underfolder trunion would be worth more.  Like $800 or something.

View Quote
I mean you could try and sell one for $800, but I'd imagine you'd be sitting on it for a while. Completed auction prices are starting at $500 and maxing out around $600 for NIB examples and those with a lot of aftermarket accessories with them.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:12:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
$550-600 is what you will most likely get.I put up to $650 on the high side as sometimes the price can go up beyond what they regularly sell for

The price at one time was higher for a short while,but they have dropped in demand and price.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I mean you could try and sell one for $800, but I'd imagine you'd be sitting on it for a while. Completed auction prices are starting at $500 and maxing out around $600 for NIB examples and those with a lot of aftermarket accessories with them.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Without seeing any pics i would say between $1800-2500  I would lean more towards the $2000+ with the box ,etc
View Quote
Thank you, FlyLeaf.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:32:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Thank you, FlyLeaf.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you, FlyLeaf.
Your welcome

Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Got an Arsenal SGL32-61. Basically an AK-105 clone with a fixed stock. Don't see a lot of info on them and I heard only a small amount were imported. It's used in good condition. Probably 1000rds through it. Wondering if I should put a Russian folder on it. I assume it would add more value to it, but since there are supposedly so few imported I don't want to do anything to take the collector value away.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 1:58:07 PM EDT
[#25]
WHAT I HAVE

Getting rid of most of what I have, What can I expect to get for this?
How do I advertise it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:04:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
WHAT I HAVE

Getting rid of most of what I have, What can I expect to get for this?
How do I advertise it?

Thanks
View Quote
Romanian SAR-1 with a Romanian wire side folding stock in 7.62x39

These are usually rough in finish quality and the threads on the muzzle have been turned down and no bayonet lug

Better than a WASR  as it has the dimpled receiver. List it with the above words,it should sell pretty easily.

Value $600-700 with the higher end on gunbroker.AK prices are slipping some so dont expect to get more than $700 in today's market
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:22:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Got an Arsenal SGL32-61. Basically an AK-105 clone with a fixed stock. Don't see a lot of info on them and I heard only a small amount were imported. It's used in good condition. Probably 1000rds through it. Wondering if I should put a Russian folder on it. I assume it would add more value to it, but since there are supposedly so few imported I don't want to do anything to take the collector value away.
View Quote
Lots of work and money if your talking about putting a side folder like a SLR104 has on it.

I personally think you would greatly hurt the value of the rifle adding the stock on as you would have to replace the rear trunnion,etc.

Value is hard to say as they are few and far between. If i had to guess i would say $1200-2000 on gunbroker,

Again this one is hard to value,this is just my estimate
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 11:06:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Value on two please:

SGL31 Plum Furniture Arsenal/Legion (Brand New Looking Only Factory Test Fired)

SGL31 OD Green Furniture FIME Group ( Very Light Use)
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 12:23:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Value on two please:

SGL31 Plum Furniture Arsenal/Legion (Brand New Looking Only Factory Test Fired)

SGL31 OD Green Furniture FIME Group ( Very Light Use)
View Quote
Plum - $1500-2000 on gunbroker in NIB condition. I have seen a few go beyond $2000 before but its rare.

OD green - $1200- 1600  FIME brings a bit less money and its slightly used.

Gunbroker prices quoted,private and EE sales will bring much less than the above prices

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 2:26:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Plum - $1500-2000 on gunbroker in NIB condition. I have seen a few go beyond $2000 before but its rare.

OD green - $1200- 1600  FIME brings a bit less money and its slightly used.

Gunbroker prices quoted,private and EE sales will bring much less than the above prices

Hope this helps
View Quote
Thank you now to convince myself to sell....
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 2:13:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Firing Line receiver, spent some time @ Rifle Dynamics for a tune and color/wood before I acquired it (I have had it for 10ish years).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 12:45:45 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote
Depending on if it has a US made barrel or not with the lower end of the price range with a US made barrel and the higher end with a commie barrel-

$900-1200 - AK prices are slipping some even on the premium pre ban models so keep this in mind if selling.
Link Posted: 8/18/2017 3:23:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Depending on if it has a US made barrel or not with the lower end of the price range with a US made barrel and the higher end with a commie barrel-

$900-1200 - AK prices are slipping some even on the premium pre ban models so keep this in mind if selling.
View Quote
Thanks - That is about what I was thinking as well. Not selling, just curious...
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#34]
I have the opportunity to buy this factory built SBR for $700 from my boss but know little about AK's. He is a Class 3 dealer and has had the gun for 8 years without firing it. I fired the first rounds from it on Tuesday and it is a nice shooter.  The gun is marked DC Industries NOS1 with what appears to be a US serial number engraved by the lower hand guard. It is also marked SBR BY AZEX MESA, AZ on the right side. There is also a 4 digit number in several other places on the gun, so I assume this is what people call a numbers matching gun. It has a side folder and is in the Krink configuration with the cone shaped muzzle device.

We have know each other for years yand have given each other great deals on firearms. What say you guys?
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 10:40:39 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I have the opportunity to buy this factory built SBR for $700 from my boss but know little about AK's. He is a Class 3 dealer and has had the gun for 8 years without firing it. I fired the first rounds from it on Tuesday and it is a nice shooter.  The gun is marked DC Industries NOS1 with what appears to be a US serial number engraved by the lower hand guard. It is also marked SBR BY AZEX MESA, AZ on the left side. There is also a 4 digit number in several other places on the gun, so I assume this is what people call a numbers matching gun. It has a side folder and is in the Krink configuration with the cone shaped muzzle device.

The rifle will also come with 1400 rounds of ammo and about 25-30 mags. We have know each other for years and have given each other great deals on firearms. What say you guys on this purchase?
View Quote
I'd jump on that for sure.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 12:44:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have the opportunity to buy this factory built SBR for $700 from my boss but know little about AK's. He is a Class 3 dealer and has had the gun for 8 years without firing it. I fired the first rounds from it on Tuesday and it is a nice shooter.  The gun is marked DC Industries NOS1 with what appears to be a US serial number engraved by the lower hand guard. It is also marked SBR BY AZEX MESA, AZ on the left side. There is also a 4 digit number in several other places on the gun, so I assume this is what people call a numbers matching gun. It has a side folder and is in the Krink configuration with the cone shaped muzzle device.

The rifle will also come with 1400 rounds of ammo and about 25-30 mags. We have know each other for years and have given each other great deals on firearms. What say you guys on this purchase?
This.

Run down there and snag it,thats a hell of a deal,easily worth double that with all the extras your getting
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Hello, Just picked up My first AK.  I know they are popular these days, and I believe I got a good deal.  It is a Poly Technologies MAK-90,
386 arsenal, imported by KBI.  It's not marked Sporter, but has polymer furniture that looks possibly ?original? IDK.  The bayonet
Lug has been shaved down, and the barrel threads look to have been milled down. All numbers match,
fit and finish is great, seems pretty well built.  And I say it's in 95-98% condition.  I paid $400 to a good friend who was moving over seas.
Im sure it's a good deal but was curious to the real value, and haven't been able to find another one Like it.  Please help.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/31/2017 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Hello, Just picked up My first AK.  I know they are popular these days, and I believe I got a good deal.  It is a Poly Technologies MAK-90,
386 arsenal, imported by KBI.  It's not marked Sporter, but has polymer furniture that looks possibly ?original? IDK.  The bayonet
Lug has been shaved down, and the barrel threads look to have been milled down. All numbers match,
fit and finish is great, seems pretty well built.  And I say it's in 95-98% condition.  I paid $400 to a good friend who was moving over seas.
Im sure it's a good deal but was curious to the real value, and haven't been able to find another one Like it.  Please help.  Thanks in advance.
View Quote
Yes you got a heck of a deal on that rifle.

Its basically a Polytech rifle that got caught up during the ban era and was scrubbed of the evil stuff.( threads turned down,bayonet lug chopped,etc.

These came with the black poly furniture like you describe.Look to the right of the serial number and you will see a very faint SP marking on the receiver which means sporter.

Most of these came with the straight ended cut receiver but you will have to take the rear stock off to be sure as some were slant ended cut receivers.

Value as is about $750-1100 prices have slipped on the AK's a bit but. I wouldnt let it go for less than $800

Hope this helps
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 2:22:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks Flyleaf for the info.  I'm not really a fan of the current polymer furniture. Would I kill the value by putting wood or magpul
furniture on it?
Link Posted: 9/1/2017 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Thanks Flyleaf for the info.  I'm not really a fan of the current polymer furniture. Would I kill the value by putting wood or magpul
furniture on it?
View Quote
No it wont hurt the value one bit,in fact it will make it worth more. If you put original Chinese wood on it,which is kinda pricey now it will be worth even more.

I would keep the original stock parts just in case you sell it at some point,as the buyer may want the original,but it really holds no value.

Keep in mind the Chinese receivers are 1.5 mm thick vs 1mm thick on non Chinese AK's so anything other than a Chinese stock(buttstock only) will need to be trimmed down a bit to fit onto the receivers end.Make sure to check if you have a slanted cut or a straight cut receiver as this will limit your stock choices greatly.

Just trim down a little at a time with a dremel of light sanding until it fits snug.The hand guards and pistol grip will fit as they are the same as any other AK,but you will need a longer pistol grip bolt as the one you have will be too short.Any standard AK regular pistol grip bolt will work.

Link Posted: 9/7/2017 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Hey guys,

I have a never fired Krebs Custom 103k (fixed stock) that I'm thinking about selling.  I love the rifle but could use the money to finish a few other projects.  Aside from a few very minor safe / handling marks, it's in perfect condition.  The bayonet lug was removed to make it NJ legal.  I have the original paperwork but not the box.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/8/2017 1:51:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Hey guys,

I have a never fired Krebs Custom 103k (fixed stock) that I'm thinking about selling.  I love the rifle but could use the money to finish a few other projects.  Aside from a few very minor safe / handling marks, it's in perfect condition.  The bayonet lug was removed to make it NJ legal.  I have the original paperwork but not the box.

Thanks in advance.
View Quote
I would say between $1400-1700 is the value.

Gunbroker will bring you the higher prices

Link Posted: 9/8/2017 2:51:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I would say between $1400-1700 is the value.

Gunbroker will bring you the higher prices

View Quote
Thanks! I may try to sell it locally first and move it to GB if it doesn't go.
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Strait cut Mak 90 and Yugo SKS, what are they worth.

Link Posted: 9/14/2017 9:28:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Guys...wtk what a NIB WASR-2 is worth....just a NIB rifle only....5.45x39
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 10:59:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Strait cut Mak 90 and Yugo SKS, what are they worth.

http://i.imgur.com/F9YPTon.jpg
View Quote
Mak 90- As is in the pic- $750-900

Yugo SKS- $350-450
Link Posted: 9/14/2017 11:00:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Guys...wtk what a NIB WASR-2 is worth....just a NIB rifle only....5.45x39
View Quote
$550-650
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 11:05:58 AM EDT
[#48]
I have a matching minus recoil spring assembly . Hungarian underfolder with the original chrome lined barrel . Vented gas tube . It's a little rough and needs a new paint job . The numbers start with EX . This was built awhile ago by a gunsmith who used his own stamp receivers and matched it too the the kit . The name of the manufacturer  is citizens armory out of Mexico Missouri.

Pic

https://imgur.com/a/7Tl10
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:21:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/17/2017 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 34
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top