Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:53:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you go check out gun-deals right now there is a multitude of sellers dumping their 7n6 all of the sudden.  Bet they are getting rid of it before BATF gets around to inventorying it.  Didn't a notice come out that said FFL holders in possession of 7n6 had to enter it in their bound books?
View Quote

Brought this up in another thread, but....do strictly ammunition dealers need a FFL?

If not, it would seem that the FFL provision was written in a time when FFL and ammunition dealer were (effectively) one in the same.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 8:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Brought this up in another thread, but....do strictly ammunition dealers need a FFL?

If not, it would seem that the FFL provision was written in a time when FFL and ammunition dealer were (effectively) one in the same.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you go check out gun-deals right now there is a multitude of sellers dumping their 7n6 all of the sudden.  Bet they are getting rid of it before BATF gets around to inventorying it.  Didn't a notice come out that said FFL holders in possession of 7n6 had to enter it in their bound books?

Don't think ammunition dealers would have to have an FFL but every ammo dealer I know also deals in firearms.  I believe most of the one's I linked also sell firearms.  You know they don't want to get stuck with all that inventory and have to destroy it or sell it to a government agency for training use at a loss.

I don't see anything about not being able to sell it as a dealer but was sure it was posted before.

Some type of license is required to manufacture ammo.  If a person is licensed as a manufacturer of firearms the license allows them to also manufacture ammo. But not AP ammo.  

But I don't see anything about a separate license to sell.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Ammo has gone up;

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=405810363

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:38:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
As for 5.45x39 ammo.  Wasn't Polish imported previously?  Yes it was.

Romanian?  Here you go.

Bulgarian

If the countries manufactured 7n6 they could tool up to make commercial 5.45x39 ammo if Russian commercial ammo was banned.  Are those countries NATO allies now?
View Quote

I  wasn't aware of the steel cased S&B.  Circa 2000 puts me in high school though.  All of the above are NATO members and all are using 5.56 weapons.  It still makes me wonder why we haven't seen cheaper 5.56 flowing from these countries with the demand so high in the US.  When it comes to import 5.56 though, I wouldn't exactly call DENEX and IWI a great value.  Russia is still the only cheap .223 game in town currently.  Ukraine's new service rifle is the Tavor in 5.45 so they're still vested in the round.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:40:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ammo has gone up;

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=405810363

View Quote

LMAO!! Same degenerate asshat with his A+ rating.  Kwikrnu  A+(283)  I'm going to report the listing because you don't even get teh can opener!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:22:24 AM EDT
[#6]
To the OP, Ukrainian 69 grn 5.45 is down to $0.23 a round today, that's $0.02 more than the surplus 7N6.  Buy your '74!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:32:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I  wasn't aware of the steel cased S&B.  Circa 2000 puts me in high school though.  All of the above are NATO members and all are using 5.56 weapons.  It still makes me wonder why we haven't seen cheaper 5.56 flowing from these countries with the demand so high in the US.  When it comes to import 5.56 though, I wouldn't exactly call DENEX and IWI a great value.  Russia is still the only cheap .223 game in town currently.  Ukraine's new service rifle is the Tavor in 5.45 so they're still vested in the round.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As for 5.45x39 ammo.  Wasn't Polish imported previously?  Yes it was.

Romanian?  Here you go.

Bulgarian

If the countries manufactured 7n6 they could tool up to make commercial 5.45x39 ammo if Russian commercial ammo was banned.  Are those countries NATO allies now?

The NATO countries probably get all their ammo from the US for free since they are all recently new members to NATO.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Last I heard Ukraine backed out of the Tavor
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:04:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Can we get this 5.56 ammo here? Top right corner?

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 10:52:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

http://www.equipped.pl/wp-content/uploads/762pr-msbs556-family-1024x704.jpg
View Quote

How bout we just take everything in the entire photo?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

That is a hell of a lot of winning right there!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:25:24 PM EDT
[#12]
<snip> this is a Technical Forum, not GD. Post that kind of comment there, not in this forum. dryflash3
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:55:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:34:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow my gun-fu is getting weak. I have no idea what make those rifles even are. The bullpups look like desert tactical new design and the rifles maybe new ACR or XCR?

ETA: msbs 556. Learn something new everyday.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:37:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Just a reminder to the new guys;

SPECIFIC TO THE TECH FORUMS.

The tech forums (Ar15, AK47, Handgun, Armory, Training, Outdoors) are more "formal" and actions permitted in the GD forum aren't permitted there. These forums are there to share information and as a result, trolling, heated arguments, insulting others, etc won't be ignored.

View Quote

Damn now I want to know what he said.

In any case you guys had me at "it's still cheaper to shoot than 5.56."
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:01:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's Polish 5.56. Bumar is a defense manufacturer in Poland. Now why we can't get it here? My guess would be they have never offered to sell it to us.

Rifles are MSBS Radon
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top