Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2014 4:31:12 PM EDT
Anyone else been looking at something like this for over 6 months?

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
An illegal sbr? nope not my cup of tea.
I wait till I have stamp in hand before gathering parts.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:46:55 PM EDT
[#2]
looks mighty fine
should've got a PAP through or AKMSU so it can take 7.62x39 boolets
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Unlike attaching a complete short barrel AR-15 upper to an AR lower receiver, building an AK SBR requires a significant amount of work from a builder. I'm thinking that possessing the above parts and receiver (without tax stamp) would not be illegal, as there is no quick ability to build it and no clear Constructive Intent. If the owner had the shop tools and equipment to do the build, then I could say maybe say yes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

A pile of AK parts isn't an illegal SBR.  If that was the case, thousands of us are sitting on illegal SBRs.

But.. that isn't the case.  The rules for different guns are different.  It's not like having a SBR AR upper with an lower that isn't registered as an SBR.

Gotta love the forum NFA/922r/etc police.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Unlike attaching a complete short barrel AR-15 upper to an AR lower receiver, building an AK SBR requires a significant amount of work from a builder. I'm thinking that possessing the above parts and receiver (without tax stamp) would not be illegal, as there is no Constructive Intent. If the owner had the shop tools and equipment to do the build, then I could say maybe say yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unlike attaching a complete short barrel AR-15 upper to an AR lower receiver, building an AK SBR requires a significant amount of work from a builder. I'm thinking that possessing the above parts and receiver (without tax stamp) would not be illegal, as there is no Constructive Intent. If the owner had the shop tools and equipment to do the build, then I could say maybe say yes.

ATF plays by rules that aren't set in stone, I'll keep in the slow lane and let y'all have the fast lane.
They have gone on record as saying that if a weapon can be converted to a MG in eight hours or less in a machine shop then it's a MG. (somewhere there's a video of a class 7sot building a MG from scratch in less than 8 hrs to use in the court case)
Then there was the shoelace is a MG.
And anything with three or more silencer parts is a silencer, even if it makes the report louder.
I would either keep OPSEC or wait to collect the parts.

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

A pile of AK parts isn't an illegal SBR.  If that was the case, thousands of us are sitting on illegal SBRs.

But.. that isn't the case.  The rules for different guns are different.  It's not like having a SBR AR upper with an lower that isn't registered as an SBR.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't see the missing trigger group, I guess that makes it all ok then.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
Lol....

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:29:28 PM EDT
[#8]
The wait sucks plante74 but is so worth it.  My Bulgy AKS-74U is the pride of my AK collection.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The wait sucks plante74 but is so worth it.  My Bulgy AKS-74U is the pride of my AK collection.
View Quote
Mmmmhmm. I've got a bulgy krink already but this is a Russian with a Bluejack v5. Can't get much better than that!  Can't wait!  

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Mmmmhmm. I've got a bulgy krink already but this is a Russian with a Bluejack v5. Can't get much better than that!  Can't wait!    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dude, itssss soooo fucking worth it, you're going to lose your mind once its complete
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
dude, itssss soooo fucking worth it, you're going to lose your mind once its complete
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know it!  The worste part is I won't have enough ammo to shoot through it!

Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#12]
While I don't have the parts, I have been lusting after one over the last 4 years. But I got a PAP M92 and it's currently waiting to become a rifle since last may.

Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 5:57:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

ATF plays by rules that aren't set in stone, I'll keep in the slow lane and let y'all have the fast lane.
They have gone on record as saying that if a weapon can be converted to a MG in eight hours or less in a machine shop then it's a MG. (somewhere there's a video of a class 7sot building a MG from scratch in less than 8 hrs to use in the court case)
And anything with three or more silencer parts is a silencer, even if it makes the report louder.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So going by your interpretation anyone who has a handgun or AK pistol and a spare stock in the same house is in possession of an illegal SBR?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:19:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Wow people. You don't go apply for a tax stamp on a receiver before you have a parts kit. That doesn't even make sense. You have to write the type of firearm you are making on the application form.  A pile of Parts isn't illegal...
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Make sure to use quality screws Plante. Enigma II?
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Tinfoil hats up in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 10:00:13 AM EDT
[#17]
NICE! Looking forward to the "completed" thread!
Link Posted: 4/21/2014 12:49:41 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Make sure to use quality screws Plante. Enigma II?
View Quote
Hahaha..  Negative.  Rivets indeed.

Link Posted: 4/21/2014 6:17:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Wow people. You don't go apply for a tax stamp on a receiver before you have a parts kit. That doesn't even make sense. You have to write the type of firearm you are making on the application form.  A pile of Parts isn't illegal...
View Quote

From the ATF website Here
Q: May a FFL or an individual legally possess the parts to manufacture an SBR or SBS as long as no firearms are actually assembled?
A FFL (Type-7 or Type-10) who pays the Special Occupational Tax (SOT) may possess parts required to assemble NFA firearms. A non-licensee or FFL who has not paid the SOT is required to register any NFA firearm via an ATF Form 1 (5320.1) prior to acquisition of the parts required to assemble such firearm.

For the I ain't clicking no link crowd http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-short-barreled-rifles-shotguns.html

Seems pretty clear guidance to me, but your might be ok.
It's possible they are confused, they work for the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 4:06:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Q: May a FFL or an individual legally possess the parts to manufacture an SBR or SBS as long as no firearms are actually assembled?
A FFL (Type-7 or Type-10) who pays the Special Occupational Tax (SOT) may possess parts required to assemble NFA firearms. A non-licensee or FFL who has not paid the SOT is required to register any NFA firearm via an ATF Form 1 (5320.1) prior to acquisition of the parts required to assemble such firearm.

For the I ain't clicking no link crowd http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/national-firearms-act-short-barreled-rifles-shotguns.html

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just stop man. Clearly all the parts to build and complete an sbr are not there. Your wrong just stop. Gonna be sweet OP.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 7:08:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Just stop man. Clearly all the parts to build and complete an sbr are not there. Your wrong just stop. Gonna be sweet OP.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No shit. What are you an imbedded liberal trying to ruin everyone's day?  All of the parts arnt even there.  

Mods- this thread obviously went the opposite way it was supposed to so shit can it of you want.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#22]
I just had to...

via Imgflip Meme Maker

Removed, dryflash3
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#24]
System Message
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top