Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/24/2014 11:59:49 AM EDT
Keeping it simple I love my tantal but id like something in 5.56 because I have more of that ammo and it's easier for me to find locally. For a 5.56 AK what would you recommend? I'm also looking at the definitive arms mag well that allows ar mags... Anyone have any experience with these? Is there a rifle that already comes equipped with this feature? So for the staccato post typing on my phone sucks!
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I have had the Arsenal slr-106fr and the slr-106ur.  Had some issues w/ cycling the 106ur but I would reccomend the 106fr.  The bulgarian circle 10 mags aren't hard to find but aren't cheap either.  Also, I had completely reliable success w/ promag .223 ak mags in my slr-106fr.  

If I was looking now I would probably pick up a Saiga and convert it myself.  

Can't comment on the magwell conversion other than it looks sweet.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 12:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply I have to agree on the mag well. I read good things in ak47 magazine but I always like to hear stuff from the horses mouth as it were.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 1:15:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Polish beryl archer.  There nice guns but there going to run you about a grand
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#4]
I like my SLR-106 Series rifles (CR & FR).  I've had good luck with them and really enjoy shooting them.

SLR-106 CR

SLR-106FR

Link Posted: 3/24/2014 2:31:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait for the NEW Polish Archers & Beryls that Radom USA (Ted Marshall) is going to import. Models w/ a mag adapter that will use BOTH  standard Beryl mags  AND Nato/AR mags
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait for the NEW Polish Archers & Beryls that Radom USA (Ted Marshall) is going to import. Models w/ a mag adapter that will use BOTH  standard Beryl mags  AND Nato/AR mags
View Quote

Do you have a pic? I've see the Beryl Archer but not one with the mag adapter.
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#7]
No pics yet but will be worth the wait.

Taken from another board :

"We are still many month away from offering product. Initial products will be FB Radom produced and brought up to "military style/config" and 922r compliance at FB Radom USA in Texas. Federal approval is pending, and with their "new extended processing times" which are several times longer than previous times, licenses, Form 6's etc are many months out. We have several "Import Samples" already approved, and several new and exciting samples yet to go. Those who were at this years Shot Show got to see Beryl 96 rifles with 3 different butt stock configurations, and our 2nd generation mag well adapter that works with AR/M16 mags and original Beryl mags. Third mod adapters are in testing and are looking very good, with ambidextrous mag release and a lockout which prevents the adapter from being released with the Beryl std mag catch/release lever. A captive push pin secures the adapter in place. A 5.45x39 Beryl version was also shown. Not in attendance was prototype 7.62x39 Beryls which are in testing. Another prototype in testing, has last round bolt hold open. This is NOT a mag follower that catches the bolt head! This is a hold open device which is activated by the standard Beryl mag follower or the AR mag follower...how do you like them apples boys! There is more, but I can not discuss at this time. Please be patient, because this will be done right, and that means you will be getting true mill spec rifles, with ALL the correct features and markings as on the "real deal" military models. All import and FB Radom USA marks will be on the bottom of the receiver Where They Belong! You will absolutely NOT have to go looking for parts to modify your rifle, it will be right when you open the box! Guys, we will be insanely busy for several months getting this organized and flying, so my time for Q & A will be very limited. I will however, try to respond when ever possible.
PLEASE NOTE; No Beryl rifles imported to FB Radom USA will carry the "Archer" name.

Best regards,
Ted"
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks I'll keep an eye out!
Link Posted: 3/24/2014 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Ever consider a sig 556? while not a world beating 556 carbine. Its a great basic for what it is.
Link Posted: 3/25/2014 1:13:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Will this do?

BTW Using STANAG mags require adapter. Once adapter is removed, one can use standard Beryl mags. My adapter is "pre-BHO". When BHO was developed (it goes into receiver, not adapter), I came with idea to make it universal, also for Beryl mags. Engineers from FB Radom liked this idea. It will require use of STANAG mag or modified Beryl mags (old mags will be compatible, but no BHO with those), unless guys come up with something very clever, while I was not watching.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 9:05:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Old vid but it's probably close to what will be imported:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGGFL6Mr0-g&feature=share
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 9:15:28 PM EDT
[#12]

The Galil is probably the least practical (extra heavy, hard to find mags, non-common parts, etc), but are probably one of the cooler variants.

Link Posted: 3/27/2014 2:36:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Old vid but it's probably close to what will be imported:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGGFL6Mr0-g&feature=share
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. One presented by Leszek on video is old style. Final one will be closer to one on my Mini Beryl. You do not see this on my picture, but magazine release lever on left side is also for trigger finger use for left handed (exactly same way as righ handed uses right side lever). Bolt hold open lever (not installed in my Mini) is inside triggerguard like in HK G36KV.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No. One presented by Leszek on video is old style. Final one will be closer to one on my Mini Beryl. You do not see this on my picture, but magazine release lever on left side is also for trigger finger use for left handed (exactly same way as righ handed uses right side lever). Bolt hold open lever (not installed in my Mini) is inside triggerguard like in HK G36KV.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the update Montraia.  I hope they work in the Bulgarian SLR's.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 4:27:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ever consider a sig 556? while not a world beating 556 carbine. Its a great basic for what it is.
View Quote

^ THIS!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:50:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Wow! When are these archers coming to market!!!??
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:39:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The Galil is probably the least practical (extra heavy, hard to find mags, non-common parts, etc), but are probably one of the cooler variants.

View Quote

this!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:31:23 PM EDT
[#18]
If Ted is doing the polish imports - nah, he wouldn't of tried for a 5.45 pistol.

Looking forward to seeing the Beryls
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#19]
You have my attention
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Merge merge merge....
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:28:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Merge merge merge....
View Quote

As the OP of this thread can i request a merge with the other one started yesterday?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 6:32:15 AM EDT
[#22]
I concur sir....
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:07:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:08:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Duplicate thread, see link to other
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top