BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 6:17:42 PM EDT
[#1]
anymore pre-SHOT teaser pics/ info.  I really want to get my hands on one of these.  Any idea on the time frame of when they are actually in dealer's inventory after SHOT?

Thanks!
advntrjnky
Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:39:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I really like the the stock you have designed for the AK, the lines flow really well with the rifle, and ergonomically it looks as though it will function very well with AK's. Of course the key component to it's success will lie almost entirely in it's ruggedness; us AK shooters are using this platform for a reason. People are going to beat the crap out of it, myself included. I am really excited to try this new stock. Again, I really like this design. Very creative ingenuity on your part.

There is currently a huge market for aftermarket AK parts, one of the largest being folding stocks (one of the benefits of using an AK in the first place). I think it would be kind of silly to not take advantage of that. Food for thought.

The pistol grip looks ergonomic enough, however it seems a bit too long, and doesn't match the looks of the stock very well. The stock is sharp and angular; the pistol grip is smooth, shapely. I don't understand the difference. In my honestly opinion, it looks toylike. I think that this grip will be met with some extremely stiff competition on the market, and having tested many of the current ones, I don't believe it will be immensely popular. It is obviously a HUGE improvement over the original grip design, but I believe there are better grips on the market already.

The hand guards look nice enough, but again I think they are going to be met with some stiff competition. I think designing them without picatinny rails on the bottom, and sides of the lower hand guard was a mistake. In my personal experience a top picatinny rail is a gimmic, a side mount offers a much better mounting solution. Again, I think that there are currently much better solutions for a hand guard option on the market already.

EDIT: Worried about cheek riser snagging on things.

Link Posted: 1/19/2013 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#3]
any good updates from SHOT?

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 1:48:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Has anyone heard any news on this stock?
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#5]
That stock would be awesome if it was collapsible AND folding
Link Posted: 2/7/2013 4:28:02 PM EDT
[#6]
not even on their website yet     I'm pretty sure I'll be going with the Rifle Dynamics adapter and an extra Ace stock I have in the parts bin instead of waiting for this.  Too bad, I would have spent some money with them.  If they can't even update their website almost a month after they officially announced their new products to the world at SHOT, that doesn't instill confidence.....not that they had much, being part of Promag, to begin with.  

advntrjnky
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 12:40:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Has anyone heard any news on this stock?

I emailed with no reply for any details about the time it was announced... but, alas, no. Perhaps one day...?

Link Posted: 2/8/2013 2:21:35 AM EDT
[#8]
I got to play with it at SHOT.  It seemed solid to me and definitely looked like something I want to pick up and put through its paces.  I thought it looked great on the rifle.
Link Posted: 2/8/2013 3:16:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I got to play with it at SHOT.  It seemed solid to me and definitely looked like something I want to pick up and put through its paces.  I thought it looked great on the rifle.

How did you find the balance MAC? Did the riser pinch the beard hairs at all?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top