Site Notices
10/30/2014 3:55:04 PM
Author
Posted: 7/17/2012 11:33:55 PM
BIL has one. I bought a converted one double stack right after the sun set of assualt weapons ban.

Questions?
When were these single stack imported?
Where is the best prices for buying single stack mags?

any help welcome.
WTex
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/18/2012 12:47:40 AM
Haven't seen single stack mags for sale in a while, how about widening the mag well to accept regular AK mags?
SULL22
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/18/2012 3:40:59 AM
Originally Posted By WTex:
Haven't seen single stack mags for sale in a while, how about widening the mag well to accept regular AK mags?

this, ^^^^^ it takes a little effort but is doable. i saw one at a gunshow that a guy had done and he showed me where to file away. after you get the the magwell opened (either trace the limits of a double stack on top or measure it out...drawing is easier and wont change the finished product) there are two metal tabs inside that act as the dimples in most AK style rifles made today. they're alot stronger than the other metal of the body and they'll need to be filed carefully because if you take off too much you'll end up with mag wobble. once you get those filed down to fit you'll want to file off the very front of them at an angle to allow the mag to seat easier (trust me it's worth it). with a dremmel this could all be done in an hour or two, by hand with normal files you're looking at around 10 hours. you could pay a gunsmith to do this for you but they're going to probably charge you around 75 an hour, take their time and you might end up with mag wobble. most of the stories you hear about wasr's being junk and having mag wobble is related to converted single stack wasr's being filed down too much

but if you live behind the lines and cant have high cap mags then i have a 10 rounder im not using anymore that ill sell you for 5 bucks plus shipping if i find the other 2 finve rounders i have somewhere ill sell you both of them for the same deal
QuarterCzech
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/18/2012 4:23:47 AM
thanks sul22 I will buy them for him. he doesent want to modify the AK. We are in Minnesota where we can have high cap.
If you can find both I will take them! Send me a PM through the site, and I'll send you cash. Thanks guys!!
Makarov
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/18/2012 9:57:14 AM
IIRC Century Arms still has an old stock of single stack mags for these guns.
gunmonkey
Swollen Member
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/18/2012 6:01:53 PM
I have a box of those damned things in the shop. I'll sell them for $5 each plus shipping anybody that needs them. IM me if you do.

As it is, we are using a pair for our label scanner in the warehouse...
QuarterCzech
Link To This Post
Posted: 7/18/2012 6:59:38 PM
gun munkey I M sent