Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/30/2012 4:47:00 AM EDT
Latest and greatest from Russia - these pics taken just days ago from a shooting competition for military and police forces.

From what I've been able to dig up, the U.S. Embassy has in recent years recommended the sale of holographic sights (including both EOtechs and Magnifiers) and other accessories for FSB and other anti-terror units within Russia because they specialize in fighting terrorism and other organized crime.

This could explain why we're seeing so many U.S. made accessories in the hands of Russian police and special anti-terror operators.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 4:53:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice pics ..I had to do a doubletake looking at some of those AKs
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 5:18:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow!  Cool pics.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 5:19:54 AM EDT
[#3]
This could explain why we're seeing so many U.S. made accessories in the hands of Russian police and special anti-terror operators.]

I doubt it.

More likely is that they simply have no source of such accessories from which to draw inside either their own military or private enterprise.

Great pic's.  And a very interesting mix of doodads and add-ons.  I suspect some of the stuff is being sort-of tested out to see how it all flies but very interesting the lack of local-made stuff.  Good grief it looks like an AK-47.net barbeque at the gun range!  
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 5:43:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This could explain why we're seeing so many U.S. made accessories in the hands of Russian police and special anti-terror operators.]

I doubt it.

More likely is that they simply have no source of such accessories from which to draw inside either their own military or private enterprise.

Great pic's.  And a very interesting mix of doodads and add-ons.  I suspect some of the stuff is being sort-of tested out to see how it all flies but very interesting the lack of local-made stuff.  Good grief it looks like an AK-47.net barbeque at the gun range!  

Sure they do. Except for the optics and a few other items, most of those products are Russian.  Upiter mounts, STK hand guards, VG's and PG's.  Zenit hand guards, folding stocks, and lights.  Russian brakes and buffer tube adapters etc.  A few Israeli products as well.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 5:48:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I doubt it.

Apparently (and I haven't read them to verify), this is coming from some of the leaked wikileaks docs that came out a while back - that the U.S. Embassy recommended the sale of U.S. made red dot sights to help Russian anti-terror and police units combat terrorism within their own borders. I heard this over at militaryphotos.net.

I'm not saying it's true, but then again, I wouldn't doubt it either...

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:00:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:14:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Interesting

Great photos, and great looking rilfes, but I have a serious issue with Russia using our technology.

Oh thats right, ITAR must be for only mere citizens to follow...
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:22:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Interesting

Great photos, and great looking rilfes, but I have a serious issue with Russia using our technology.

American and Western optics are widely available for private purchase from vendors in Russia and elsewhere...just like here.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting

American and Western optics are widely available for private purchase from vendors in Russia and elsewhere...just like here.

Oh yes, understood and agreed, but it doesn't make it right IMO
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:34:58 AM EDT
[#10]
All them AKs and I didn't see one co-witnessing. I guess that shows how un important it really is.

ETA: And not one cheek weld riser. I thought it was so important too. I guess I should give it a go myself.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:35:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting

Why?  It is not like they are top secret controlled products if civilians can buy them here.  We can buy lots of their optics too thank goodness.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:44:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting

Why?  It is not like they are top secret controlled products if civilians can buy them here.  We can buy lots of their optics too thank goodness.

Idon't know but he may be referring to night vision equipment you might own in the US. It's a crime to even let someone who's not a US citizen LOOK through it.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

All them AKs and I didn't see one co-witnessing. I guess that shows how un important it really is.

ETA: And not one cheek weld riser. I thought it was so important too. I guess I should give it a go myself.

Meaningful if you wish to emulate the Russians, a lot of us don't.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting

Idon't know but he may be referring to night vision equipment you might own in the US. It's a crime to even let someone who's not a US citizen LOOK through it.

ITAR covers Nightvision as well as weapon optics and generally any weapon accessory developed here in the US.  Look it up guys
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

They make co-witnessing optics but you rarely see them in use.  They seem to love Eotechs that is for sure.  I am not a big co-witnessing fan myself...it is whatever.  I do like a nice weld though when using certain optics that do not employ that Russian eye weld.  The Aimpoint M4 on that one mount seems really impractical as do the Eotechs on the higher mounts.  The upiter mount offers the lowest and best compatibility with the Eotechs from what I have seen (MI rail should accomplish the same).  Looks like one guy is using one....still pretty high which seems to be unavoidable with Eotechs.

Upiter mount (might be Jupiter, possible misspelling or lost in translation)

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 8:06:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting

ITAR covers Nightvision as well as weapon optics and generally any weapon accessory developed here in the US.  Look it up guys

I know about it.  Russia has similar restrictions on many of their products, but we get some anyway which is a good thing.  That is my point.  It is not really a game changer if Russians get some Eotechs or rifle stocks.  Much ado about nothing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 4:54:23 PM EDT
[#17]
What was the winners score what was the events?  I could care less whats hanging off the rifle how did they shoot?

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 5:16:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Any info on this brake? I want one for my CR.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
but I have a serious issue with Russia using our technology.

Who cares.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:38:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares.

I prefer to not get shot at with our own technology, whether its Russia or not, so I guess I care....

Ive made my point, carry on, slight thread derail over
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://img849.imageshack.us/img849/9009/dsc7949tttk.jpg

Any info on this brake? I want one for my CR.

Brake is probably Russian, looks like a very inefficient design based on its length

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Russian SF looks more and more like our guys every time I see new pics.  Give them M4's and I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#23]
I'm amused at the cheap Chinese UTG brand rails on a lot of those guns. Guess I shouldn't be surprised, just rather ironic I suppose.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#24]
cool pictures

I'm not against the Russians using our developed equipment, especially if its to fight the same people we are fighting
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Russian SF looks more and more like our guys every time I see new pics.  Give them M4's and I'd be hard pressed to tell the difference.

Yeah even down to he blood type patches and whatever the other one is on that one pic.
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#26]

really digging this guy's AK104. All the US made goodies (Surefire M900 grip, Eotech 551 with 3x magnifier, 4-piece Krink Cone) and still firing the old 7.62X39.

Link Posted: 4/30/2012 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Interesting to see a few without cleaning rods and Eotechs mounted on UTG side rails.
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 2:03:16 AM EDT
[#28]
so it is universal.....guys there like to bolt on as much shit on their guns as ar owners here.
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 4:11:44 AM EDT
[#29]
I wonder if this was a battle field pickup from Georgia?

http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8292/dsc7949ttt.jpg
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 4:29:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Must be nice to not have to worry about the stupid 922r bullshit. 922r has to be one of the most useless dumbass laws out there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 4:29:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares.

I prefer to not get shot at with our own technology, whether its Russia or not, so I guess I care....

Get with the times, The wall fell nearly 22 years ago. Cold war is over.

Link Posted: 5/1/2012 6:46:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares.

I think it is more accurate to say that their economy collapsed in toto, but only portions of the wall came a tumblin' down...  

Relations between the US and Russia are still chilly...

Link Posted: 5/1/2012 6:50:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

It looks like the Molot manufactured AR15.
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares.

Get with the times?  I just got back from Afghanistan my friend, have you had modern technology used against you?   Unbeleivable.  

Laws are in place to protect the warfighter, obvious not you guys, and obviously that point was lost on many of you.  How many of you even knew we were fighting with Russia in Afghanistan!?!  Drug War?  Yes!  Opiates flooding Russia come through or are produced in that lovely hell hole.  Let me know when you spot the DEA agents in the chow hall.

Now for a second time, can we get back to the thread

Link Posted: 5/1/2012 4:51:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares.

Get with the times?  I just got back from Afghanistan my friend, have you had modern technology used against you?   Unbeleivable.  

Laws are in place to protect the warfighter, obvious not you guys, and obviously that point was lost on many of you.  How many of you even knew we were fighting with Russia in Afghanistan!?!  Drug War?  Yes!  Opiates flooding Russia come through or are produced in that lovely hell hole.  Let me know when you spot the DEA agents in the chow hall.

So you've had Russian troops with EOTechs fire on you? My intention isn't to be disrespectful, I'm just a bit taken a back by your post.
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 5:56:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares.

So you've had Russian troops with EOTechs fire on you? My intention isn't to be disrespectful, I'm just a bit taken a back by your post.

Not Russians, but my posts were generalized about foreign groups using our technology, whether that is some goat herder in Afghanistan, the Kremlin in Russia, or Pakistan using BAE Systems

No disrespect taken brother
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 6:18:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Nice pics ..I had to do a doubletake looking at some of those AKs

Me too, just checking if they're actually AK's under all that fancy stuff lol.
Link Posted: 5/1/2012 7:29:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares.

Not Russians, but my posts were generalized about foreign groups using our technology, whether that is some goat herder in Afghanistan, the Kremlin in Russia, or Pakistan using BAE Systems

It would seem these days there's a better chance of an Afghan "ally" firing on our troops with a US supplied M16A2 than a Russian troop doing so with an Eotech-equipped AK.
Link Posted: 5/2/2012 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares.

10-4. I think I misread you Be safe out there!
Link Posted: 5/2/2012 4:11:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Anyone know how they shot what the courses of fire where And what the scores are. Or does everyone here just look at the rifles and not care about the marksmanship?

sound like a bunch of women looking at shoes
Link Posted: 5/2/2012 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Anyone know how they shot what the courses of fire where And what the scores are. Or does everyone here just look at the rifles and not care about the marksmanship?

sound like a bunch of women looking at shoes

Why don't you go find out and get back to us since it sooo important to you....until then, I will continue my looking at shoes.
Link Posted: 5/2/2012 7:16:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It looks like the Molot manufactured AR15.

Well then they have it down pretty good, the forging mark on the upper is in the same place, and looks to be english selector markings.

The owner must be an ARFCOMer. Moly coated receiver extension probably staked too, Adams Arms piston kit. But I doubt he shoots nose to CH judging by the stock extended all the way.

Just some petty observations while looking at shoes.. er.. I mean guns.
Link Posted: 5/2/2012 7:36:09 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who cares.

LOL
yeah.. the Russians are our friends now.....

edit- our

interesting photos, whats going on over here is being picked up abroad.. legal/ethical, in our interest or not.

Link Posted: 5/3/2012 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
cool pictures

I'm not against the Russians using our developed equipment, especially if its to fight the same people we are fighting

Unfortunately, this stuff will be reverse engineered and will show up on battlefields our soldiers are fighting on... In enemy hands.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 1:34:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting

People can be and  are prosecuted when they dont adhere to the worthless clusterfuck that is ITAR. Federal felonies.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who cares.

I agree with what you're saying, but if technology is going to be freely available to American citizens and can be purchased over the internet then as a practical matter will be impossible to keep Russians and other from also obtaining the same technology.

The trick is to keep the latest and greatest technology out of their hands.  Things like the stealth drone that the Iranians (with help from the Chinese and/or Russian) just hijacked.  That technology isn't as commercially available and you can at least slow them down getting their hands on it (unless your president is a pussy and won't allow an airstrike on a hijacked drone).

Link Posted: 5/3/2012 1:56:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interesting

People can be and  are prosecuted when they dont adhere to the worthless clusterfuck that is ITAR. Federal felonies.

I believe foreign importers can apply for exemptions.
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#48]
I really like the ingenuity I see with some of these muzzle brakes. It's almost like they all have access to a machine shop and they're all trying new things out. It's nice to see that kind of experimentation.

Link Posted: 5/3/2012 5:14:57 PM EDT
[#49]
What is the pistol here??

Link Posted: 5/3/2012 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Are those UTG (airsoft) rail covers I see on some of those rifles?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top