Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2012 6:59:32 AM EDT
So after waiting for a month on an order of Bulgarian polymer AK47 magazines from sksman only to have the price jump $10 a mag, I cancelled that order and placed an order with Copes based on positive press I'd heard about them here. My question is how long does an order usually take to get filled? It's been about.a week now and while I didn't expect to have them in my hands yet, I did expect that they would be fully processed and on their way. Unfortunately for me, I checked their status and it still says processing... Please tell me I'm not getting screwed on my order or in for a long wait.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 7:15:39 AM EDT
[#1]
They are slow, took them a week and a half to ship my order last year before the busy scare thats going on now.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 7:27:47 AM EDT
[#2]
If I would have known that I'd have gone thru kvar...
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 7:35:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I seriously doubt you'll get screwed.
I've been ordering from them for several years and always had good results.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:00:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My order from K-Var is on day 5 so far with no email, status update, nothing. Everything is going to take longer with all the panic buying that's happening. So grab a beer, sit down, and be patient.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My order from K-Var is on day 5 so far with no email, status update, nothing. Everything is going to take longer with all the panic buying that's happening. So grab a beer, sit down, and be patient.

K-Var waited 3 weeks to tell me my .308 Vepr mags were on backorder.  I already figured that before their e-mail, but it's a good thing I wasn't in a hurry for a status update.  Order status said "processing" the whole time.

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 9:04:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, every company mentioned in this thread belongs in a toilet bowl.
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 9:08:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Wow, every company mentioned in this thread belongs in a toilet bowl.

Link Posted: 3/23/2012 1:35:22 PM EDT
[#8]
dont know if copes distributing belongs in a toilet bowl,  have orderd stuff from them over the phone, and got updates through e mail, on my orders being processed and date when shipped out w/tracking #s.  even though they have to send it 7632.25 miles to get to me, it still gets here within 1-2 weeks at the  most.   big thumbs up for copes
Link Posted: 3/23/2012 1:53:17 PM EDT
[#9]
ive never had a problem with copes, ive ordered numerous times and i dont think its ever been more than a week before its at my door, (except when UPS delivered my stuff to andress two towns over)
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 4:09:25 AM EDT
[#10]
You will definately get them.  Truthfully I'm surprised it is taking this long.   I've ordered alot and the longest ship time was 48 hours.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 4:13:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 4:28:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Copes has been around for quite some time and is a good firm they do not rip people off but could be backed up a bit on shipping like most firms are now. If you have concerns why post this on the web>> it is always best to contact the vendor first.

I would have to agree with Atlantic.  Copes has always done me right and I believe their website even notes that they are SLAMMED due to the stupid panic buying.  

If you wanted unparalleled service you should have bought 8 months ago or in a year from now.

Even K-Var, who has had notoriously bad service has REALLY stepped up their game.  I recently ordered a FSB and was only charged $5 for shipping after emailing their delightful customer service rep, Michelle.

Vendors like Atlantic and AIM, however, have and will always have great customer service, despite how busy they get.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 4:36:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Roger has never done anything wrong by me.  I ordered some clips from him a couple weeks back and he got them to me in the same week.  Like Atlantic said, contact Roger and see what is going on.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 5:57:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Copes is a very reliable company. You have nothing to worry about. The suggestion that they 'belong in a toilet' is slanderous and completely unfounded. Some day people will be accountable for public bad-mouthing.
Link Posted: 3/24/2012 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Last time I ordered from Cope's the order status was still "processing" when my package arrived. That's fine with me, filling orders is a better use of their time than updating thousands of statuses on the web site.

As someone else said, relax and grab a beer. They're not going to rip you off. The panic has begun and delays are expected.
Link Posted: 3/25/2012 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Always done well by me. Sometimes a little long sometimes pretty fast. Check you bank account to see if its pending or processed.
Sometimes its not the Merchant. Unless it was an MO.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 7:37:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Alright, bottom line is I jumped the gun. I got my magazines in on Saturday and I am beyond impressed. I was expecting surplus mags and I'd swear by looking at the ones I got they're brand new! My online account still says processing but I got the order in in about a week. Will probably order more next month.
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 7:53:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Copes is a little slow and it took them about a week to ship mine out... What I received was well worth it most of the parts were new or in new condition even thought they said used in the ad, and the two barrels I got from them were top notch..Yea on the still processing thing I have one from surplus ammo still processing a week later and still no answer.... Ill bet I get it before some one answers myE-Mail..
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/26/2012 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#20]
I've always been pleased with Cope's.
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 9:00:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I've always had quick service with both Copes and K-var
my only bitch is K-vars shipping always seems high
Link Posted: 3/27/2012 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've always been pleased with Cope's.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:26:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've always had quick service with both Copes and K-var
my only bitch is K-vars shipping always seems high

Email KVAR when you order something or just ask for USPS in the comments field.  MIchelle will take care of you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2012 1:06:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Copes has been around for quite some time and is a good firm they do not rip people off but could be backed up a bit on shipping like most firms are now. If you have concerns why post this on the web>> it is always best to contact the vendor first.

I would have to agree with Atlantic.  Copes has always done me right and I believe their website even notes that they are SLAMMED due to the stupid panic buying.  

If you wanted unparalleled service you should have bought 8 months ago or in a year from now.

Even K-Var, who has had notoriously bad service has REALLY stepped up their game.  I recently ordered a FSB and was only charged $5 for shipping after emailing their delightful customer service rep, Michelle.

Vendors like Atlantic and AIM, however, have and will always have great customer service, despite how busy they get.

+1 The panic buying has already started from what my local toy shop tells me. They can't keep anything in stock more than a few days.

Link Posted: 3/28/2012 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 The panic buying has already started from what my local toy shop tells me. They can't keep anything in stock more than a few days.

Noticed this as well... It's why I bought my 47 now while prices are still reasonable instead of waiting till fall which was my original plan. I've walked into 3 gun stores around here in the last few weeks where the back shelf where all the fun rifles are kept was almost completely bare. That's when I realized the panic had begun and I needed to jump before prices get stupid.
Link Posted: 3/31/2012 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Copes is good to go.. Been dealing with them since December of '05 and have bought at least $3,000 worth of stuff from them without a single problem.  

Right now, I would estimate that they are indeed experiencing a high order volume... which is why your order is a bit late..

Speaking of which (if its any comfort to you)  - I recently ordered a Romanian front sight block and a Romanian made pistol grip from them and it took roughly a week before I had it in hand..  Just be patient and everything will be okay . Roger, Misty, Gerri, and everybody at copes will come thru for you, they always have for me and I'm sure they will do the same for you.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top