AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 1:31:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Deathmoney07] [#1]
Looking at trading my AR for an AK74.

Reciever on AK is marked:  Interarms ak74sa

Is that a well built AK??

EDIT: Is the barrel Chrome lined? Any info is appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/21/2013 6:58:47 PM EDT
[#2]
What about getting a vepr to convert ? Kvar has them in stock. Is the only tHing to do replace the stock/grip and install a bullet guide?
Link Posted: 3/13/2013 2:23:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Great thread.  Thanks all, especially OP.
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 10:51:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Excellent thread.  In the market for an AK and seems all my questions are answered except for this:

How updated is the original post.  Yes, I can see the date it was last edited.  But what I would like to know is after the Newtown tragedy & panic buying.. is all the information still accurate or have things gone batshit crazy like they have in the AR world?  Are there any new guidelines for pricing and what I should expect to pay?  Should I wait and research more.. while prices continue to come back to normal?  Are there any new companies/rifles I should be considering?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 12:48:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Daekwan:
Excellent thread.  In the market for an AK and seems all my questions are answered except for this:

How updated is the original post.  Yes, I can see the date it was last edited.  But what I would like to know is after the Newtown tragedy & panic buying.. is all the information still accurate or have things gone batshit crazy like they have in the AR world?  Are there any new guidelines for pricing and what I should expect to pay?  Should I wait and research more.. while prices continue to come back to normal?  Are there any new companies/rifles I should be considering?

Thanks!

Just as with AR's, the AK market got turned upside-down in December.  Prices shot up and availability of many models ceased to exist.

Depending on what type of AK you're looking at they may be either very hard to find (e.g. Saigas, AMD's) or they may be available at times but with a substantial price increase (e.g. Waffenwerks, WASR's).  Certain Arsenal models are still available at nearly the same price as right before the panic (e.g. SLR-106).  So, it all depends.

Keep in mind, even before the "Great Panic of '012" supply in the AK market was drying up a bit.  AK kits and especially original barrels were getting harder to find, and it seems that importation of certain models was becoming more spotty.  Foreign arsenals in Bulgaria, Russia, Romania, etc. were either experiencing financial problems, geo-political strife, or retooling for other types of rifles or goods.  All of this, among other things, contributed to an AK market that has been hot the last few years.

Right after the 2009 panic, there was a good year or two of plentiful supply and relatively low prices on many AK's.  But things ticked up from there.  And of course, way back in the glory days you could buy very cheap kits, parts and rifles.

Whether or not you should wait is a fool's guess.  The market could rebound to a degree, or supply could remain very tight keeping prices high.  There's also a certain degree of unpredictability with legislation and other future events.  I'd say if you just want one good AK, bite the bullet and get an Arsenal or other decent rifle now.  Even if the market declines some, its not as if your rifle will lose much value.  I never thought I'd say this about an AK, but in addition to being fun to shoot they're pretty good investments too.  Or at least that's what I tell the wife unit.
Link Posted: 4/6/2013 6:18:19 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not worth updating prices as long as people are panicking. I'll probably edit the prices early summer if things begin to die down by then.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Talk to a poor soul trapped behind enemy lines about stock options...

I want an AK... and as a NYer i need a stock that is fixed with no thumb hole and no pistol grip.

I see some stocks that look like they could be modified into a hunting stock fairly easy...  but are there any ready options out there?

I see SKS stocks (monte carlo from timbersmith) that would be good if they made an AK version...  

Any ideas so i can buy a receiver and build an AK?

I really want an AK that will stand up to the legal scrutiny of our Dear Leader's Jack Booted thugs.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 12:52:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 1969iggy:
Talk to a poor soul trapped behind enemy lines about stock options...

I want an AK... and as a NYer i need a stock that is fixed with no thumb hole and no pistol grip.

I see some stocks that look like they could be modified into a hunting stock fairly easy...  but are there any ready options out there?

I see SKS stocks (monte carlo from timbersmith) that would be good if they made an AK version...  

Any ideas so i can buy a receiver and build an AK?

I really want an AK that will stand up to the legal scrutiny of our Dear Leader's Jack Booted thugs.

Buy an unconverted Saiga.
Link Posted: 4/8/2013 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Is there a chart or condensed version of what 5.56x45 AK versions work with which magazines? Seems to be much more variation in compatibility, for example, looking at a SLR106 which mags are likely to work?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#10]
BUMP for another month without entries.

WRT 5.45x39 magazines.  I've got three variants: Bulgarian, Russian, and one other I can't ID (Polish? Where is THAT thread).  They all work.  Some mechanical noises sound different when mounting/ejecting, but it is of no impact performance wise to me.

Mine is a CAI-NoDak Spud receiver on a Bulgarian donor kit.  TAPCO FCG, yadayada.  YMMV, but mine has run just fine on this assortment.

FWIW- this is my rifle.  There are many like it.....
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 5:03:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SGL_Shooter] [#11]
Originally Posted By dajr:
Is there a chart or condensed version of what 5.56x45 AK versions work with which magazines? Seems to be much more variation in compatibility, for example, looking at a SLR106 which mags are likely to work?

Thanks.

SLR 106 models I've seen take Bulgarian or Polish mags. Will probably also take Russian mags as well if you can even find them.

Gonna go through and edit the pricing and availability tonight if I can, seems like the panic is close enough to over.

ETA: Updated the prices, going to attempt to categorize by price, but it seems like almost everything is $500-800 now so that kinda dulls it

ETA2: Updated all prices, keep in mind things are still fluctuating a bit and pretty much no vendors have rifles in stock. Listed from lowest to highest price, added the Beryl and SAM carbines to the list. Updated pictures.

Still need to add:

Draco
Yugo M85
Yugo M92
VEPR 12
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 10:36:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok thinking of getting a AK for my collection. Its from Aim but its listed as a Tennessee Guns AK-74 5.45x39 is this a good rifle, And I figured the price was correct or is a bit high?

This one here
Link Posted: 5/30/2013 10:48:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Lohe:
Ok thinking of getting a AK for my collection. Its from Aim but its listed as a Tennessee Guns AK-74 5.45x39 is this a good rifle, And I figured the price was correct or is a bit high?

This one here

Looks like a good price to me!
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 12:41:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Ok. Any one know more on this particular model?
Link Posted: 5/31/2013 10:59:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Lohe:
Ok. Any one know more on this particular model?

I do not. Tennessee Guns is new to me, unless it's simply a TGI gun with a different name. TGI used to make some really nice AK74s, so if it's the same company they'll be good. Regardless if you somehow get a bad gun AIm will take care of you.
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 5:19:17 PM EDT
[#16]
which one would be the quintessential "AK-47"?

Though I might be more interested in a folder type
Link Posted: 6/13/2013 7:42:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By danpass:
which one would be the quintessential "AK-47"?

Though I might be more interested in a folder type

AK47? Probably an Arsenal SAM-7.

If you want a folder either get an underfolder (Polish or Romanian, can be found at various retailers) or grab a standard AKM like a WASR, SAR-1, or MAADI and throw a Romanian wire folder on it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 11:24:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Ok, Polish or Bulgarian underfolder then

Now 5.45 or 7.62 .................
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 1:10:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rmcgee] [#19]
Originally Posted By danpass:
Ok, Polish or Bulgarian underfolder then

Now 5.45 or 7.62 .................

Polish or Bulgarian underfolders are going to be an akm or ak47 so 7.62 is your only choice between those two.

Or you could have a bulgy 74 kit built on a underfolder receiver.

ETA: a side folder will give you more stock options..just get a fixed stock in either caliber and add a folder of your choice
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Anybody have a Krebs custom? I am looking at one but would like some input from someone that has one.
Link Posted: 9/12/2013 10:34:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Muskyjerk] [#21]
are all o-pap rifles through century?

atlantic is the only one I can find that doesn't say Century or cai.

or is CAI good to go?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/zastava-ak-47-m70-pap-7-62x39-rifle-detail.html?Itemid=0

I think I just answered my question, I clicked on the century link on atlatics web page and there it was O pap

theses are good to go right????
Link Posted: 9/13/2013 3:58:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Muskyjerk:
are all o-pap rifles through century?

atlantic is the only one I can find that doesn't say Century or cai.

or is CAI good to go?

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/zastava-ak-47-m70-pap-7-62x39-rifle-detail.html?Itemid=0

I think I just answered my question, I clicked on the century link on atlatics web page and there it was O pap

theses are good to go right????
View Quote

The O-PAP is good to go.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Hello,
Thanks for all the great info. I have been wanting and AK 47 for my small collection for a while. This will be my first purchase of an AK and first online purchase. I am going to contact an FFL dealer this week. Before I do I wanted to get opinions of the community of the few I have picked out.
What I have been looking for; 7.62, wood stock (for the typical AK look), price range 500-900.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/ak-47-rifle-for-sale-combo-package-detail.html?Itemid=0
http://centerfiresystems.com/AKAGUN20.aspx
http://www.classicfirearms.com/long-guns/yugom70ab2

Thank you in advance for your advice and Help.
EternalVigilanc3
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By EternalVigilanc3:
Hello,
Thanks for all the great info. I have been wanting and AK 47 for my small collection for a while. This will be my first purchase of an AK and first online purchase. I am going to contact an FFL dealer this week. Before I do I wanted to get opinions of the community of the few I have picked out.
What I have been looking for; 7.62, wood stock (for the typical AK look), price range 500-900.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/ak-47-rifle-for-sale-combo-package-detail.html?Itemid=0

EternalVigilanc3
View Quote

I'd go with the one from Centerfire. Basic WASR 10 rifle that will be a good first AK that you can fool around with at a low price.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 7:14:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Hello,

EternalVigilanc3
View Quote

Thank you so much for actually posting your questions here!

I also think a WASR in the $500 range would be an excellent AK to learn the ropes. However, I'm always of the opinion "buy once, cry once" (although you can never have one) so I usually don't have qualms about paying up to the next quality level. If you open up your budget another $99, you can find the SLR-107 in your price range, although wood furniture might be out of the question.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 8:42:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SGL_Shooter:

I'd go with the one from Centerfire. Basic WASR 10 rifle that will be a good first AK that you can fool around with at a low price.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Hello,

EternalVigilanc3

+1
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 1:39:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Thank you all for you responses and advice.

Couple questions...

Since this is my first "online order" is centerfire decent to order from. I mean if I get canted sights or something similar have people had issues with centerfire helping them out.
Also I was looking at package deals so I don't have to shop around for mags or bayonets to fit my particular AK. I have read mags are sometimes an issue with fitting haven't read anything about bayonets.

Thank you again for all the advice.

EternalVigilanc3

Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:49:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Thank you all for you responses and advice.

Couple questions...

Since this is my first "online order" is centerfire decent to order from. I mean if I get canted sights or something similar have people had issues with centerfire helping them out.
Also I was looking at package deals so I don't have to shop around for mags or bayonets to fit my particular AK. I have read mags are sometimes an issue with fitting haven't read anything about bayonets.

Thank you again for all the advice.

EternalVigilanc3

View Quote

Most recent WASRs I have seen/handled have been fairly good in terms of sights. If it is canted to the point where it won't zero I am sure they would take care of you. Most mags will fit, if a mag doesn't fit/feed just sell it. I've swapped mags that don't work in my RPK with my friend and they all ran fine in his WASR and vice versa.

Can't help with bayonets, though I'd think almost all AKM bayos are interchangeable.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 8:27:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Ok new user to the site. New AK owner. Picked up a Zastava O-Pap new from a dealer in Ga for like 580 shipped. Getting ready to tear it apart and can't find any real good source of info on good upgrades. I am a 12 year Veteran of the Army like the way my M4 feels and yes I have an AR and yes I know its bad to change an AK. Ok with all that out of the way. Mod one is a TWS receiver cover once I can find it in Gen 2 with the built on rear sight. Now I am looking for a good telescoping and preferably folding as well stock and a rail system for the front made of metal of course with covers. Really only need 3 rails on it because my plan is to only mount a dropdown bi-pod Vertical grip and a surefire with pressure switch. I'm upgrading to all Tapco mags. And will be in the near future be buying myself a pair of matching optics for both my AR and my AK. So if anyone has some insight into what a good setup might be please share. I did try searching on here prior to posting and went page by page since I can't search. And posted here of course because it says to. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 7:13:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By laytondavenport:
Ok new user to the site. New AK owner. Picked up a Zastava O-Pap new from a dealer in Ga for like 580 shipped. Getting ready to tear it apart and can't find any real good source of info on good upgrades. I am a 12 year Veteran of the Army like the way my M4 feels and yes I have an AR and yes I know its bad to change an AK. Ok with all that out of the way. Mod one is a TWS receiver cover once I can find it in Gen 2 with the built on rear sight. Now I am looking for a good telescoping and preferably folding as well stock and a rail system for the front made of metal of course with covers. Really only need 3 rails on it because my plan is to only mount a dropdown bi-pod Vertical grip and a surefire with pressure switch. I'm upgrading to all Tapco mags. And will be in the near future be buying myself a pair of matching optics for both my AR and my AK. So if anyone has some insight into what a good setup might be please share. I did try searching on here prior to posting and went page by page since I can't search. And posted here of course because it says to. Thanks
View Quote

While the Yugo's are becoming more common, they're still somewhat of an oddball when it comes to aftermarket accessories. I'm not currently aware of any stocks that collapse and fold. There's a few options out there in regards to handguard replacements, you can try perusing the Optics and Accessories subform as that mostly applies to what you're looking for. The only time using Tapco mags is considered an upgrade is if you don't have any mags at all. They're good for range use, but that's it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 3:39:18 PM EDT
[#31]
While the Yugo's are becoming more common, they're still somewhat of an oddball when it comes to aftermarket accessories. I'm not currently aware of any stocks that collapse and fold. There's a few options out there in regards to handguard replacements, you can try perusing the Optics and Accessories subform as that mostly applies to what you're looking for. The only time using Tapco mags is considered an upgrade is if you don't have any mags at all. They're good for range use, but that's it.

I'm learning the error of my ways when it comes to the Yugo and parts interchangeability while this is the first AK I have owned I am in no way new to the platform. IME the metal mags are 99% trash. Poorly manufactured in some 3rd world country and are heavy noisy and  dangerous due to the sharp edges at the feed lip. Yes I handled numerous manufactured ones from Soviet mags to Chinese mags to Euro mags all had the same problems. Where I have had good luck with polymer mags. I may go with Magpull instead but lets just say polymer mags. Lighter and that's a good thing since I plan a combat load of at least 240 rounds loaded. Plus 120 rd zip lock bags in my gear for reloading. And from I have seen so far much better formed. Plus the poor quality metals in the majority added with a poor quality corrosion resistance lead to cleaning being required of the mags. both inside and out. Maybe you have a different take by my take. But my 37 months of combat in Iraq with having Iraqi counterparts utilizing and enemy combatants firing them at me. I believe that the polymer magazine will have more plusses than minuses. Thanks for you opinion though
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:04:35 PM EDT
[#32]
steel mags are 1000x better than the cheaper poly mags. If you just have to have poly mags, please buy the Bulgarian waffle mags or the bakelite mags.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 4:46:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: laytondavenport] [#33]
While I respect your opinion again IME using P-mags in my AR both domestically and in combat. And the few poly mags I have used/seen used in Ak's they are far superior. Most if not all of the metal mags I have encountered were simply poorly manufactured difficult to maintain unnecessarily heavy and noisy. I could see the possible issue of one tried to use the magazine as a grip point/ resting point or was the type of shooter that likes to Rambo style throw your mags onto the ground rather than into a drop pouch or down your shirt etc,but I do not believe in any of those that as habits due the tension it puts on the mags/unreasonable wear and tear on them. And any of these piss poor practices can and will cause feeding issues. I'm in the market for a dependable shooter with the few items it needs on it to make it a true tactical rifle. Not a mega buck geardo rifle or any ridiculous misconceptions that this platform makes a good long range shooter. I got it because of Non domestic ammo (just about every country we fight against) availably which also is poorly manufactured but of course due to the sloppiness of this rifle it will eat up about anything you put in it.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:05:34 PM EDT
[#34]
well, go use the poly mags to your hearts content my friend. If they are the cheap ones without the metal reinforcements, and are used under anything other than table top use, they will break. Plenty of documented accounts on the internet. You also cannot compare AR mags to AK mags. Apples to oranges. Just trying to help a fellow shooter out.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 6:44:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: laytondavenport] [#35]
Understood I do plan to use the ones with reinforced steel lips. Even if they are more money I am strong believer in buying what works the first time. There is ALOT of testing on the Gen 2 Tapco's even showing they're durability. I personally have not had hands on anything I would consider to be a "good" Mil Surp magazine. But will I have some? Probably if they are cheap enough I keep 8 Poly mags for my AR and 20+ Gi mags with the orange and black followers loaded in my inventory. And will more than likely do the same for the AK Its just a matter of what I believe will work when I need it to. And to be able to carry more of when and if the time counts.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 9:00:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Dude, seriously, what Nictra said. He's trying to help you. Buy the bulgarians if you gotta have poly, but you have the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay wrong idea about steel AK mags.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 9:08:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dragynn] [#37]
I'm upgrading to all Tapco mags.
View Quote

yikes.

Heard it all now.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Originally Posted By Dragynn:
yikes.

Heard it all now.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Dragynn:

I'm upgrading to all Tapco mags.

yikes.

Heard it all now.

For the life of me, I have never heard of anyone really complaining about good 'ol Commie steel mags. To each his own I guess. There is no way that Tapco mags will end up being more reliable and durable than mil-spec steel. The only positives Tapco mags have over steel are weight, and being US made (922r).  
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 2:46:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#39]
While I respect your opinion again IME using P-mags in my AR both domestically and in combat. And the few poly mags I have used/seen used in Ak's they are far superior. Most if not all of the metal mags I have encountered were simply poorly manufactured difficult to maintain unnecessarily heavy and noisy. I could see the possible issue of one tried to use the magazine as a grip point/ resting point or was the type of shooter that likes to Rambo style throw your mags onto the ground rather than into a drop pouch or down your shirt etc,but I do not believe in any of those that as habits due the tension it puts on the mags/unreasonable wear and tear on them. And any of these piss poor practices can and will cause feeding issues. I'm in the market for a dependable shooter with the few items it needs on it to make it a true tactical rifle. Not a mega buck geardo rifle or any ridiculous misconceptions that this platform makes a good long range shooter. I got it because of Non domestic ammo (just about every country we fight against) availably which also is poorly manufactured but of course due to the sloppiness of this rifle it will eat up about anything you put in it.
View Quote

I can't tell if you are trolling or not.

due to the AR mag having little to no stress points on them compared to an AK magazine, you cannot make the same assumptions about both.

You must consider that the nations that issue(d) and use(d) the AK platform (AK47, AKM, AKMS, AK-74, AK-74s, AK-74m, etc....) almost never utilized a magazine that lacked the metal re-enforcement points on the magazine. The Poles are an exception to this IIRC.

A steel magazine or a re-enforced ((10)) magazine is going to be the most durable and reliable.

ETA: in regards to your experience with the Iraqi's, they have horrible weapon maintenance procedures and like most middle eastern nations, traditionally poor training. With that said, I'm willing to bet there is a direct correlation to any failures you have seen.
Link Posted: 11/1/2013 12:25:41 PM EDT
[#40]

I can't tell if you are trolling or not.

due to the AR mag having little to no stress points on them compared to an AK magazine, you cannot make the same assumptions about both.

You must consider that the nations that issue(d) and use(d) the AK platform (AK47, AKM, AKMS, AK-74, AK-74s, AK-74m, etc....) almost never utilized a magazine that lacked the metal re-enforcement points on the magazine. The Poles are an exception to this IIRC.

A steel magazine or a re-enforced ((10)) magazine is going to be the most durable and reliable.

ETA: in regards to your experience with the Iraqi's, they have horrible weapon maintenance procedures and like most middle eastern nations, traditionally poor training. With that said, I'm willing to bet there is a direct correlation to any failures you have seen.

View Quote

This. An AR mag that isn't reinforced or isn't made of steel or aluminum isn't a big deal. It doesn't work the same for AK mags. The possiblity of the rear lug breaking off on a plastic AK mag is too great. Lots of well documented stories of this happening.
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Which AKs have the heaviest and thickest barrels? I know Vepr and Chinese AKs do. Are there any others?
Link Posted: 2/25/2014 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By GunTitan:
Which AKs have the heaviest and thickest barrels? I know Vepr and Chinese AKs do. Are there any others?
View Quote

Chinese, VEPR, and any RPK variant. Any Type 1/2/3 AK will have a heavier barrel than the run of the mill AKM too.

I am not 100% sure but I think Yugo barrels are slightly heavier than Euro AKM barrels. If they are, though, it's not by much.

Link Posted: 5/21/2014 3:56:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Christopher67] [#43]
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Corporal_Chaos:

It's not an AK so it doesn't even make it on the board.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Christopher67:
Where do these rate in the world of AKs?

http://www.jgsales.com/cai-vz2008-sporter-ak-style-rifle,-7.62x39,-with-composite-stock,-milled-receiver.-p-4624.html

Thanks in advance.  

And that's a high price for one. Weren't they like $550 a few weeks ago?

If you want a VZ58. lookup Czechpoint. They have real VZs for just a little more money.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:33:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Christopher67] [#46]

If you want a VZ58. lookup Czechpoint. They have real VZs for just a little more money.
View All Quotes

http://www.jgsales.com/cai-vz2008-sporter-ak-style-rifle,-7.62x39,-with-composite-stock,-milled-receiver.-p-4624.html
Thanks in advance.  

its been a lot more then a few weeks ago the VZ58 was $550, Czechpoint wanted like $1200+ lol.

Link Posted: 5/22/2014 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#47]

its been a lot more then a few weeks ago the VZ58 was $550, Czechpoint wanted like $1200+ lol.

View All Quotes

Thanks in advance.  

Oops.

Just goes to show I need to update this thread, just gotta find some time to sit down and do it.
Link Posted: 5/22/2014 10:30:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Atlantic has VZ58s for $523.00. As has been stated, it's not really an AK, but people really like them..
Link Posted: 5/23/2014 5:56:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Aim has them for $499.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 2:18:11 AM EDT
[#50]
I have been lingering around this forum for a couple days now trying to find out some answers to basic questions i have about building a Yugo M70b.  I found a kit on apexgunparts.com that i would like to build but since i am new to this rifle platform I have some questions.  Some of the kits offered have bulged trunnions and i was wondering what their benefit was?  The kits with bulged trunnions say they match Yugo M70 stamped receivers.  There is also kits that say they have flat trunnions and match standard AKM receivers?  What is the difference in dimensions of the Trunnions and receivers?  The kit i want to build has the bulged trunnion.  Since the gas block has the grenadier sight and since it is something i have no use for, are other AK gas blocks compatible on this platform?  I would like to build my own receiver, but if i can find an 80 percent receiver for a reasonable price i will probably go with that.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Page / 5
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top