Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/2/2011 9:16:16 PM EDT
Where have you purchased your crush washer for AK 47 muzzle?

I have a small gap that I have to fill on a Norinco NHM 91.

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 8/2/2011 9:47:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never heard of AK's utilizing crush washers, as they have pins coming out of the front site which fits into the notch on the muzzle device. It's normal for the muzzle device to have some left/right play, while AR muzzle devices are set tighly in place. But if you are set on utilizong a crush washer for a 7.62 AK, then I guess you could use a .308 caliber rifle crush washer, as it's still 7.62mm. See if Armalite or DPMS has one.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 12:49:05 AM EDT
[#2]
My NHM-90 already had a correct FSB with detent spring and plunger on it. Does yours have a hole in the front of the FSB where they should be? If so it's a very easy job to install them and then you won't need the washer.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 6:36:09 AM EDT
[#3]
A M-16 peel one will work.  Doesn't have to be a whole one if it is too thick.  They can be split with a sharp blade.

Will not be correct for the 'puriests'. but if you value function over form, it works.

Also some of the Chinese front sight bases have the detent hole covered, but can be opened with a drill bit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#4]
cncwarrior sells crush washers and jam nuts in their ak section
Link Posted: 8/4/2011 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where have you purchased your crush washer for AK 47 muzzle?

I have a small gap that I have to fill on a Norinco NHM 91.

Thank you in advance.

Ok but don't fix something which isn't broken :)
Link Posted: 8/5/2011 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#6]
I used an AR-15 crush washer.  You just need to file the center opening with a round file to make the opening wider.  I used an AR-15 crush washer on my AK-54r when I installed the PSW muzzle break.  I also had a gap that irritated me when I installed the muzzle break.  You can check out my AK-54r pictures that I posted in the AK Discussion Forum titled: "Waffen Werks AK-54R" you'll see the AR-15 crush washer that I used.  It's fairly easy to do.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top