Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 4:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Aeromat,

How does the brake work?  Have you tried it out yet?
Link Posted: 9/8/2011 6:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 3:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing special...just an Arsenal SLR-105 that I got from K-Var this week.  Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but am looking forward to it.  But first, I'm going to change out the furniture with some refinished Bulgarian wood.

Just cycling it, it does seem to have a smoother overall feel than my SGL-31.  Nice trigger.  And the overall fit is definitely not as tight as the SGL, which is a good thing.  I was actually able to remove the gas tube on this without tools!  

ETA: The mag below isn't the mag it shipped with.  K-Var's website said this would ship with a 5 or 10-round Russian mag.  Instead, it shipped with their 30-round OD Green Bulgarian mag.  Which is fine by me I suppose, since I don't use the low-cap mags.

Link Posted: 9/10/2011 5:59:15 PM EDT
[#4]
My two

One is an Arsenal Izhevsk SGL31-61 reworked by Chris Butler @ AK-USA

The other is a Century M74 Sporter reworked, refinished & redressed by a local builder here.

Both shoot like a dream.

Only one pic of the Arsenal but a few extra of the Century

Link Posted: 9/10/2011 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#5]
tap tap
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 6:17:35 PM EDT
[#8]

aa-ok.com is where I got them. A few sites have them but theirs were a little less expensive. Edit* I just looked on aa-ok and appears like they might be sold out. I also once saw them on Texas Shooters Supply but a little more pricey for the same Russian sling.

Link Posted: 9/10/2011 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Nothing special...just an Arsenal SLR-105 that I got from K-Var this week.  Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but am looking forward to it.  But first, I'm going to change out the furniture with some refinished Bulgarian wood.

Just cycling it, it does seem to have a smoother overall feel than my SGL-31.  Nice trigger.  And the overall fit is definitely not as tight as the SGL, which is a good thing.  I was actually able to remove the gas tube on this without tools!  

ETA: The mag below isn't the mag it shipped with.  K-Var's website said this would ship with a 5 or 10-round Russian mag.  Instead, it shipped with their 30-round OD Green Bulgarian mag.  Which is fine by me I suppose, since I don't use the low-cap mags.

<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/691/rifle016.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3177/rifle016.jpg</a>

Does the finish look as great in person as it does in that picture?  Or does it have the crappy Bulgarian finish SLRs were criticized for before?
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 8:32:48 PM EDT
[#11]
BEHOLD MY MONSTROSITY!!!
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/11/2011 12:15:03 AM EDT
[#13]

SAR-2
Link Posted: 9/11/2011 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Some pretty bad photos, excuse the californication, but it allows me to use my legal 30 round detachable magazines.
Home build on NDS-2

Link Posted: 9/11/2011 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

<a href="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/691/rifle016.jpg/" target="_blank">http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3177/rifle016.jpg</a>

Does the finish look as great in person as it does in that picture?  Or does it have the crappy Bulgarian finish SLRs were criticized for before?

No, it's just the standard Arsenal finish...with a decent camera.  In fact, if you look carefully right above the lower handguard, you can see where a piece of the finish flaked off.  I think I looked at it the wrong way, and it just fell off.
Link Posted: 9/11/2011 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#16]

I got all mine here. There was a guy here selling dozens of them a while back and they pop up every so often
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top