Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/25/2011 11:54:40 AM EDT
ROMANIAN AES10-B HEAVY BARREL AK SNIPER any good or just go with a standard ak?
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 12:22:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#2]
the sniper thing is from a website, same place I would have to get it from so cant inspect it
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 2:58:31 PM EDT
[#3]
The AES-10B has a good reputation on the internets, I did some research awhile ago. Solidly built, more solid than the WASR series, chromed heavy-profile barrel, 1.5mm receiver, ect. Some reported bad points are that the carry handle is weak/improperly welded on, and that it is delivered with a different bipod than prototypic. They do have a good rep for accuracy though, reports of <3" groups @100 yds are common. Just remember that it's almost 12lbs.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
ROMANIAN AES10-B HEAVY BARREL AK SNIPER any good or just go with a standard ak?

It will give you a bit more velocity and MAYBE a slightly smaller group - bit it is WAY to heavy to run around with.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 3:37:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm very happy with my AES-10B's.
One of them is the best shooting x39 I own.
 I was at a local shoot and an older guy I use to work with(@ 74 years old),seen it sitting
on my bench. He was just standing and looking(think drooling) at her sitting their looking nasty(she is BFPU finished).
I loaded a drum and set him up on the bipod. After 75 rounds and not a damn thing left on the range to destroy,he stood up
and had a smile ear too ear. He said that was the most fun gun he has ever shot.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#6]
i dumped 2 of my 3 AES10Bs, just not practical as a semi auto

doesnt do the job much better than a regular WASR really.  Lots of extra weight, longer overall, etc.

I will say they are solid as can be.   Also better made overall than the WASR series.
Link Posted: 2/25/2011 5:22:45 PM EDT
[#7]
As others have said, far from a sniper and was never meant for that role. In many cases gun stores are our own worst enemy when they call them something like that.  If this is your first AK, just get a regular AK and go have fun. If all you do is shoot prone position or off the bench, the Romanian (or preferably a Yugo) is a cool gun. It just weighs too much to effectively shoot standing up for more than a few shots (but can be done).
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 7:03:14 AM EDT
[#8]
as allways straight to the point thanks a lot guys
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 10:10:33 AM EDT
[#9]
For the record, my Wasr 10/63 does 3".  It seems that there is quite a few Wasr10/63's that are doing pretty good in the accuracy department.

That said, I have an urge to get a AES-10B....no clue why, sorta worthless, but an urge.   Probably stick on a regular RPK buttstock though.

Link Posted: 2/26/2011 3:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I like mine a bunch.  There are a few versions some have adjustable rear sight, some have carry handle. some don't.   I think they are a good RPK 762... I got the one with the carry handle and not adjustable rear sight..   B2B
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#11]
There is nothing practical about a semi-auto RPK clone, but they sure are fun.  I love my M72, it's a blast to shoot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2011 11:45:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There is nothing practical about a semi-auto RPK clone, but they sure are fun.  I love my M72, it's a blast to shoot.

Link Posted: 2/27/2011 12:49:12 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't think you'd get one to be practical, I know I got my M72 just to get something other than the 4 other standard AK's I already owned.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top