Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2010 1:39:34 PM EDT
Can someone post good pictures of slant receivers vs. square cut on Mak 90's? Thx. Joe
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 1:44:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't have any pics but if you go to the Chinese subforum you'll find them pretty easily.

Basically the slant cut looks like the standard one but with an angled cut starting just below the rear tang and extending in a straight line to just behind the PG so that the rear of the receiver has a beveled appearance.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 7/22/2010 2:43:13 PM EDT
[#3]
This picture also shows the differences between stamped and milled

You don't see thumbhole stocks like the top one too often that show the straight/square cut so in order to identify what type of receiver cut you have you will generally have to remover the thumbhole stock as most Norinco thumbhole stocks give the illusion of a slant cut receiver like the following when in reality there could be a straight/square cut underneath
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
http://home.comcast.net/~jfreeman16/ak_receivers.jpg
You don't see thumbhole stocks like the top one too often that show the straight/square cut so in order to identify what type of receiver cut you have you will generally have to remover the thumbhole stock as most Norinco thumbhole stocks give the illusion of a slant cut receiver like the following when in reality there could be a straight/square cut underneath
http://www.reptile-like.com/guns/mak90_a.jpg

Good pics.  The very top one is the type of thumbhole commonly found on Norinco NHM-90s.  The bottom one is the only type I've personally encountered on a MAK-90 although I'm sure there are exceptions.  The way these wrap around the rear of the receiver makes it impossible to tell for sure with the stock in place.  It might be possible to see the angle cut with the top cover of and the recoil spring out but I can't say for sure since I've never inspected one.  But if buying online based on a picture I would request the seller to send pictures with the thumbhole removed.

All of the milled MAK-90s had the angle cut done on thier recievers and look similar to the cut stamped receivers in this area except the cut begins a little lower down on the milled.

WIth the thumbhole off there is no mistaking the two.  The uncut reciever's lower rear is square and on the cut version it is not.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://home.comcast.net/~jfreeman16/ak_receivers.jpg
http://www.reptile-like.com/guns/mak90_a.jpg

Good pics.  The very top one is the type of thumbhole commonly found on Norinco NHM-90s.  The bottom one is the only type I've personally encountered on a MAK-90 although I'm sure there are exceptions.  The way these wrap around the rear of the receiver makes it impossible to tell for sure with the stock in place.  It might be possible to see the angle cut with the top cover of and the recoil spring out but I can't say for sure since I've never inspected one.  But if buying online based on a picture I would request the seller to send pictures with the thumbhole removed.

All of the milled MAK-90s had the angle cut done on thier recievers and look similar to the cut stamped receivers in this area except the cut begins a little lower down on the milled.

WIth the thumbhole off there is no mistaking the two.  The uncut reciever's lower rear is square and on the cut version it is not.

Thanks for clearing things up Imaposer2
Link Posted: 7/23/2010 6:47:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the input and knowlege. Joe
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top