Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2010 8:18:10 AM EDT
My yugo m70s wooden stock is too short for me. I have looked high and low without any luck for a longer wooden stock or an adjustable stock. All I hear is they don't make any assessories for the m70. Does anyone know an outlet where I can buy a different stock and some assessories that fit the Yugo M70?
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 8:31:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Buy a grind to fit recoil pad from Midway and install it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 9:11:11 AM EDT
[#2]
If you are willing to deviate from the traditional wood, Ace makes a Yugo adapter that will allow you to run a M4 collapsible stock or other ACE stock Link. Not the cheapest solution, but it is a high quality alternative.

Link Posted: 6/15/2010 9:33:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I used to think the stocks were too short on the AK too, but after shooting them for years I have decided I like the short stock better than the long ones.  If you want to keep the wood stock do as suggested or add a slip on pad to the stock you have.
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#4]
The Warsaw length used on AKs is shorter and is meant to be used with a more squared up shooting stance as opposed to the more traditional "bladed" stance that you may be more accustomed to.  

If this is what you are experiencing, and you are new to the AK platform, I would suggest that you try to adjust your shooting style and give it time to grow on you.  While different than what I was accustomed to I, like many others, now actually prefer the shorter LOP of the Warsaw length stocks.  YMMV

If I missed the mark, or you just can't get comfortable with it, the suggestions above are good ones.  One other option would be to order a NATO length stock with buttpad from Ironwood Designs.

ETA:

Oops, just checked and, while he does offer the extended cut for some models, it's not an available option for Yugos.  I thought it was, but I was incorrect, sorry.
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreaciate it. Its sad that there is not really any assesories for the Yugo.like the Romanian AKs and others. I did like the adapter sold by Ace and I might go with that but first I might check out a diffrent way of shooting as was suggested before going to the expense of an adapter.. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 6/15/2010 6:15:13 PM EDT
[#6]
You can get a railed handguard from Midwest Industries as well as UTG and Ultimak makes a railed gas tube for mounting an optic and having co-witness.  You can use any magazine any other 7.62 Ak uses and you can use any pistol grip you want.  Stocks are more limited, but as mentioned you can get an Ace adapter and if you were really creative you could probably make your own stock.  Trigger parts interchange, any muzzle device available for an AKM will also work.  They don't have as many options as standard AKM's, but you do have some good quality options.
Link Posted: 6/16/2010 6:18:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks I will check with midwest.
Link Posted: 6/16/2010 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#8]
If you think a yugo fixed stock is too short, don't try a regular Warsaw length AK stock.  The Yugo is already about 1" longer.  And keep away from any Chinese wood stock, really short.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top