BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2010 7:54:53 AM EDT
Only found one source for this gun

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c17/justinmcmillion/aim.jpg

It has a peculiar left side folding Crutch stock and that is what Im most interested in.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1930/aimr.jpg

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/7471/romanianrevolution01876.jpg

Does anyone have any good pictures of this stock other than whats posted in the above link?

This would be an excellent clone to have!

Justin!
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 9:06:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 9:39:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Solid pics, and where can I get that stock!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Aren't these what they made the Draco pistols out of?

There has to be a warehouse full of the stock assemblies somewhere.

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 10:48:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Aren't these what they made the Draco pistols out of?

There has to be a warehouse full of the stock assemblies somewhere.

The Draco pistol is the same.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 11:20:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Yup,  Those are just Draco's with the fun switch and a standard rear trunion to accept fixed/wire folding stocks.  Century imported a bunch with fixed stocks and looong ass FH's to get them up to 16". Minus the fun switch  of course.  I have never seen that odd staight butt plate wire folder anywhere in the states.

CNC Warrior makes USA copies of teh AIMR FH.  They are pretty well made and get a 10 for style from me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 12:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yup,  Those are just Draco's with the fun switch and a standard rear trunion to accept fixed/wire folding stocks.  Century imported a bunch with fixed stocks and looong ass FH's to get them up to 16". Minus the fun switch  of course.  I have never seen that odd staight butt plate wire folder anywhere in the states.

CNC Warrior makes USA copies of teh AIMR FH.  They are pretty well made and get a 10 for style from me.

I have 2 of them.  One of which has matching numbers.  When they came in about 3 years ago these were the first AKs I had seen bearing the model designation WASR 10-63...  I therefore thought at the time that all WASR 10-63s were supposed to have the ecombined FSB/GB and the welded-on extra-long muzzle device.

Every once in a while I look at these 2 rifles and think about doing something about the muzzle devices.  

Link Posted: 3/16/2010 2:10:17 PM EDT
[#7]
This "aim" has a completely different rear trunion, looks to be similar to the AMD-65 but folds the opposite direction and the butt plate hinges flat so that it is extremely compact these were made for a very short time around the Romanian Revolution (late 80's-maybe early 90's?).

The Draco is based of a later designed rifle that has a standard rear trunnion to accept standard stocks, however Romania did produce the Draco as imported, the only difference is the lack of Forward grip (which in the US would make it an AOW)

"the rest of the story"

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c17/justinmcmillion/aim2.jpg
Link Posted: 3/16/2010 2:18:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I have two of the CNC Warrior AIMR flash hiders.  Good quality pieces.

Link Posted: 3/25/2010 5:44:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Info on the stock pictured above anyone?
Link Posted: 3/26/2010 11:34:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Info on the stock pictured above anyone?

Which one???  The first set of pics show a left side folding straight wire folder with an odd straight butt plate.  Very rare and have never seen one other than in pics.  The lower photos show the standard Rommy wire folder.  They can be found all over starting at about $45.  They drop right in to a standard trunion.

AIMR Pic

Pic 2
Link Posted: 3/26/2010 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#11]
The very Rare one It is a crutch left hand folding stock and the buttplate also folds, very sexy and Ive never seen any pictures or read any info other than what is posted here.

I'm pretty schooled on AK's but this is a new find for me!
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top