Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:41:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
You have no idea what a good AK or AR will do, its pretty obvious.  The Colt LE6940 that i posted will shoot subMOA (10 shot groups) w/ 75gr TAP and has a conservative fragmentation range of almost 200 yards.

ROFL!!!! Are you honestly comparing the 60s, 70s, and even 80s ARs with the Colt LE6940? Wow... what people do to try to get their arguments together. Is like if I compare the AK-47 vs the AK-103. ROFL.

I do not own an AK that shoots over 4moa and that includes my Krinkov.  With surplus most people shoot 2-3in groups w/ their AK74s @ 100 yards.

That is why I said very good shooters which we have here in AZ. You should come so you can see it. :)

As for proving your wrong, Sir you have done that for yourself....  Everyone here knows how much of an _ _ _ your making of yourself.  

VA-gunnut asked for this thread not to go "full retard"         Please refrain from being a complete

Weird since I am comparing old rifles and you guys always try to compare them with 21st century rifles... Get over it. I am comparing the 47 to the 74 and if you want we can compare them to old ARs as well but stop with the crap of bringing your Colt LE6940 guns to the table.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:03:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I love when people do this, it's like they think they are the first two to disagree over the ak vs ar. Too cute.  Face it, neither of you will persuade one another that either of you are right.  Just own both, that way if it comes up… you can say 'I own both, here is why I like the one that I do".  As long as what you say is a fact based on your personal experiance, they are wrong to argue, everyone wins.  No threads get locked.

ETA: Pictures are a wise choice too, we all know that it never happened unless you have pictures.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:11:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I love when people do this, it's like they think they are the first two to disagree over the ak vs ar. Too cute.  Face it, neither of you will persuade one another that either of you are right.  Just own both, that way if it comes up… you can say 'I own both, here is why I like the one that I do".  As long as what you say is a fact based on your personal experiance, they are wrong to argue, everyone wins.  No threads get locked.

ETA: Pictures are a wise choice too, we all know that it never happened unless you have pictures.

+1 Sir!    But its not an AR vs AK thread!  I own both and love the AK  Just when non sense is being spouted out, it is difficult to restrain or questions ones motives.  Though, i never knew we were discussing "old" AK-47s.

My threads w/ comparisons and photos, Archieved but still there

thread 1

Thread 2

Old Range report

BTW,  Zachrjasz amazing pix once again  
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The more I see it the more I see how much the 5.45x39 and 5.56x45 fall behind to the 7.62x39. I insist and always will, the AK = 7.62x39.

I prefer the 7.62x39, but it's not like it totally beats the 5.56x45 or 5.45x39. The 7.62x39 does better for lethality and barrier penetration then either of those cartridges, but does not have the flat trajectory of the 5.56x45 or 5.45x39. With that said, there are cartridges out there that beat them all in the catagories I named. I wonder how the 9x39 does ballisticly.

Please show proof that the 7.62x39 is more lethal than 5.56    We are in the US and there are many different flavors of 5.56/.223 here

Beat this
http://www.hornadyle.com/assets/uploads/223-rem-75-BTHP-Gelatin.jpg

http://www.box.net/shared/static/uj706hbyei.jpg

The 7.62x39 is much more consistent in terminal performance, regardless of barrel length. The 5.56x45 relies soley on velocity for its effectiveness.

More consistent at not yawing or disrupting at any velocity, or doing anything other than just drilling through.

Its easy to be consistent when the bar is set so low.

The Soviets had very good reasons for dropping it 35+ years ago.

The 5.45x39 and modern 7.62x39 both yaw early in tissue. They didn't drop it because of lethality, they dropped it because they were impressed by the idea of a light and low recoiling cartridge. The Spetsnaz still prefer the 7.62x39 in some cases.

Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:47:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
.. Get over it. I am comparing the 47 to the 74 and if you want we can compare them to old ARs as well ..

Both of which were designed for combat well beyond 75M with iron sights.

As were ARs.  The M16A1 had sights for up to 460M (~500y).  Both the Warsaw pact soldiers and US forces trained and qualified WITH IRON SIGHT up to at least 300M - with the USMC going for 500.  

If you're having issues at ranges beyond 75M then you need to fix the nut behind the stock.  Once that's upgraded you'll find your AK will shoot adequately to a minimum of 300.

Wow, honestly, when will you learn to read? I never said AKs don't shoot beyond 75yds. I said that I can shoot a target at 75yds with a 47 and 74 with almost identical results. I also said that I know good shooter who can shoot 5in groupings @ 100yds.

I started discussing the 47 and 74 until they got the AR involved.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The 5.45x39 and modern 7.62x39 both yaw early in tissue. They didn't drop it because of lethality, they dropped it because they were impressed by the idea of a light and low recoiling cartridge. The Spetsnaz still prefer the 7.62x39 in some cases.

I know Soviet M43 does not yaw, but Yugo M67 does.  Are there newer (military issue) rounds out there?  I'm away Kalishnakov was more interested in improving the 7.62 than switching to the 5.45, and wonder if he ever got the chance.

Almost all the 7.62x39 in circulation today is of the M67 lead core bullet design. The M43 is not used much anymore. I heard Kalashnikov say he wanted modernized 7.62 bullets instead of the 5.45x39.
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 12:55:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#10]
O.P. and others - I enjoyed all the pics you posted.

Doofuses who are currently arguing about silly things - you've ruined the thread
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#12]
I dont know what is AP and API

Armor piercing and armor piercing incendiary.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top