AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Page / 44
Link Posted: 7/13/2013 1:06:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By natew73:
Originally Posted By GnomeyLou:
Originally Posted By natew73:
I lost count of how many times I threw up in my mouth while looking at this thread.  

You should post some pics of your, no doubt, very traditional and boring rigs..

I don't need red dots, optics, rails and vertical fore-grips to shoot well.  Even my ARs are "boring".  The only gun I have with a scope  is a custom 10/22. I find it to be very boring and not very challenging. I enjoy my 10/22 sporter withTech-SIGHTS aperture sights much more.  Outshooting the guys at the range with their tacticool rigs brings a smile to my face. The look on their face says it all.  "But I spent so much on my cool optics and lights and other crap to make it shoot well.  How did this happen?"  Fact is, you can hang all sorts of stuff off your rifle, but if you can't shoot, it aint worth a damn.  If you can shoot with your tacticool rig, good for you. Now take it off and see what you can do with irons.  True marksmanship is dying b/c of reliance on battery powered gadgets.  ARs are a little more suited for it. It's just wrong on AKs.

Again..LOSER! Take your .22 and go shoot cans with iron sights then . Pretty sure you and your .22 spend a lot of quality time together. Alone.

Link Posted: 7/14/2013 2:36:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Why are you responding to a 3 year old post by natew73?

Nothing you say now about what he wrote 3 years ago on page 11 of this topic  is relevant today.

Link Posted: 7/16/2013 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By rjb_213:
Originally Posted By RedRushin:
rjb and brutal rain: what optic mounts are you using?  rjb; what light mount?  very slick set up gents.

Light mount on the SGL is just a cheap UTG barrel mount I am trying out to see if I like it/holds up... but I put it on the gas tube.

This intrigues me - can we get another pic of the light mounted this way and your opinion of it so far?
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 2:24:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By kar98k:

Nothing you say now about what he wrote 3 years ago on page 11 of this topic  is relevant today.

Funny thing is, there are a ton of new advancements in AK rails, mounts, etc that have happened in the last few years. Not that it warrants a response to a 3 year old reply, but the AK optics game has matured a lot in very little time
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 8:23:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#6]
So I posted this update in the standard AK photo thread, thought you guys might appreciate it better.
Started my wait on 2 form 1s recently for a SBR and 5.56 can (with an adapter) for this.

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 11:20:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By WhiteDingo:
So I posted this update in the standard AK photo thread, thought you guys might appreciate it better.
Started my wait on 2 form 1s recently for a SBR and 5.56 can (with an adapter) for this.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/whitedingo/media/IMAG1118.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/whitedingo/IMAG1118.jpg</a>

Very non-tradish and very nice. What side charging/lower receiver setup is that? DannerTrax
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Very nice.

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 1:37:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: rjb_213] [#9]
Originally Posted By westernhaikus1:
Originally Posted By RedRushin:
rjb and brutal rain: what optic mounts are you using?  rjb; what light mount?  very slick set up gents.

Light mount on the SGL is just a cheap UTG barrel mount I am trying out to see if I like it/holds up... but I put it on the gas tube.

This intrigues me - can we get another pic of the light mounted this way and your opinion of it so far?

I removed it... good placement of the light but the method just didn't inspire confidence... Switched things out and will put the light on the Ultimak.

Link Posted: 7/17/2013 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I removed it... good placement of the light but the method just didn't inspire confidence... Switched things out and will put the light on the Ultimak.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7381/9303115688_e04c58c906_c.jpg
View Quote

Fair enough, thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By cletussd:
Very nice.

View Quote

Last time I saw that gun it was CA legal. Congrats!
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 5:35:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DannerTrax:
Very non-tradish and very nice. What side charging/lower receiver setup is that? DannerTrax
View Quote

It's my own design of left side charging handle. It has a sliding dust cover ala a Galil ACE or Minimi (that's where I got the spring from). i still have the right side charging handle attached for ambidextrous use, but am debating getting rid of it entirely.

Here's a closer shot. A track was cut of out the TWS top cover and a steel handle turned and TiG welded to the carrier. The dust cover slides vertically when displaced by the reciprocating handle and is pushed upwards on either end by the spring

fatcat4620, very happy to be out of CA. It's nice to be able to use my rifles to their full potential. One of the first things I did when I relocated was set up a NFA trust.
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 7:03:23 PM EDT
[#14]
It's my own design of left side charging handle. It has a sliding dust cover ala a Galil ACE or Minimi (that's where I got the spring from). i still have the right side charging handle attached for ambidextrous use, but am debating getting rid of it entirely.

Here's a closer shot. A track was cut of out the TWS top cover and a steel handle turned and TiG welded to the carrier. The dust cover slides vertically when displaced by the reciprocating handle and is pushed upwards on either end by the spring

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/whitedingo/media/IMAG0836closeup.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/whitedingo/IMAG0836closeup.jpg</a>

fatcat4620, very happy to be out of CA. It's nice to be able to use my rifles to their full potential. One of the first things I did when I relocated was set up a NFA trust.
View Quote

Very interesting.  You are an innovator sir.  Good work!
Link Posted: 7/17/2013 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Semper_Firearms:
Very interesting.  You are an innovator sir.  Good work!
View Quote

I really like the left side safety as well!
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:02:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Because apparently im that guy who doesn't see the dates?? Hey I tried? Does it bother you?
I find myself generally irritated with this site because of everyones generally nasty demeanor. I tried to post my first pics on this site..on the Chinese thread, a pic of my CHINESE AK..and was told "Wrong Thread" by the first person to comment. There were a couple other ones in other threads too. What, because I'm new to forums and might make a mistake, everyone has to jump my shit? What makes you guys so cool because you know the "Lingo" and how stuff works? Weren't any of you ever new. I like this site and you guys are very knowledgeable, but get off your high horses, we all make mistakes. Ive seen every dumbshit question asked and you guys are polite and responsive, but I must've just really fd up?? Hopefully this isn't really how AR15.com is, because right now, not a fan...other than the knowledge.

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 4:30:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Troubledjoe] [#17]

We've all made mistakes. I still do sometimes. Sometimes people are quick to criticize but I think most mean well. You vented, so now let's see that Chinese AK. Would go great in the new AK thread.

We've all made mistakes. I still do sometimes. Sometimes people are quick to criticize but I think most mean well. You vented, so now let's see that Chinese AK. Would go great in the new AK thread.

Originally Posted By offthewagon206:

Because apparently im that guy who doesn't see the dates?? Hey I tried? Does it bother you?

I find myself generally irritated with this site because of everyones generally nasty demeanor. I tried to post my first pics on this site..on the Chinese thread, a pic of my CHINESE AK..and was told "Wrong Thread" by the first person to comment. There were a couple other ones in other threads too. What, because I'm new to forums and might make a mistake, everyone has to jump my shit? What makes you guys so cool because you know the "Lingo" and how stuff works? Weren't any of you ever new. I like this site and you guys are very knowledgeable, but get off your high horses, we all make mistakes. Ive seen every dumbshit question asked and you guys are polite and responsive, but I must've just really fd up?? Hopefully this isn't really how AR15.com is, because right now, not a fan...other than the knowledge.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 7:51:54 AM EDT
[#18]

View All Quotes

Rants go in GD. Don't worry you will learn.
Link Posted: 7/18/2013 12:03:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Back on track...
I just finnish this one:

WASR
MI Rail
Burris Fastfire
Vltor/Magpul CTR Stock
Hogue grip
Magpul AFG
PWS Comp Pinned at an overall of 16"
Bolton on gasblock
RS Products BM-1 Light Mount
And lastly the stupid bullet button...

Link Posted: 7/18/2013 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 1:29:22 PM EDT
[#21]
M14 & AKM

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 1:41:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JD42] [#22]
My summer project  a Wasr that I got at a good deal. Needed refinishing. Added a MI rail and U.S. PALM extras. I went with the Ace folding stock. Locks up very well. And has a low profile back plate.

With it folded. Next up a nice optic.

Out in our pasture. Gets kind of brown in summer.
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#23]
I appreciate that. I know how it goes and im over it. Check out "tacticooled NHM 91" on Chinese thread. Thats my toy thus far.
I will post in the new AK thread as soon as I get to laptop..
Which reminds me, can you not attach pics directly on this forum? Im using photobucket?
Sorry to again misuse thread
I appreciate that. I know how it goes and im over it. Check out "tacticooled NHM 91" on Chinese thread. Thats my toy thus far.
I will post in the new AK thread as soon as I get to laptop..
Which reminds me, can you not attach pics directly on this forum? Im using photobucket?
Sorry to again misuse thread
Originally Posted By Troubledjoe:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Troubledjoe:

Link Posted: 7/19/2013 8:40:22 PM EDT
[#24]
quote]Originally Posted By fatcat4620:

View All Quotes

Rants go in GD. Don't worry you will learn.

Gotcha! .
Link Posted: 7/19/2013 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:13:24 PM EDT
[#26]

me thinks I needs a new stock
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 5:31:04 PM EDT
[#27]

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/whitedingo/media/IMAG1118.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/whitedingo/IMAG1118.jpg</a>
View Quote

You bastard! I've been working on a Galil ACE left side charging handle mod also (been on the back burner)! Here I am thinking I was going to be all unique and shit and then you go and do this. Ah well, at least I know what it'll look like now, and at least MY rifle will have an actual folding stock on it.

But seriously, nice work.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:15:05 PM EDT
[#28]

That is the coolest table ever with the cams and pistons! Did you make it?

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 3:10:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Dirsh:

me thinks I needs a new stock
View Quote

Not really.  It's OK if your stock gets wet - the water won't hurt it if you clean the rifle after.

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 11:13:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sublimeon24s] [#30]

Link Posted: 7/27/2013 11:13:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sublimeon24s] [#31]
This was a double post by accident
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Bryan_Aim:
<a href="http://s61.photobucket.com/user/flanntastic/media/20130728_143640_zps6c3bbbef.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/flanntastic/20130728_143640_zps6c3bbbef.jpg</a>
View Quote

AKGMP?
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/29/2013 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Bryan_Aim:
<a href="http://s61.photobucket.com/user/flanntastic/media/20130728_143640_zps6c3bbbef.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h52/flanntastic/20130728_143640_zps6c3bbbef.jpg</a>
View Quote

How is that AKARS rail working out for you?  Does it hold zero reliably?
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By slowguy:
Re did my ak....
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/grandpanate/9423906490/" target="_blank">http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2848/9423906490_3aba8ed4ae.jpg</a>
View Quote

Holy optic, Batman!
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 2:37:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MAC21500] [#38]
Looks like a mighty uncomfortable chin weld right there.
Link Posted: 8/2/2013 9:50:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Link Posted: 8/2/2013 10:07:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8NAK4] [#40]
Totally untraditional.........

Link Posted: 8/3/2013 12:32:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 1:17:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LVSharpshooter] [#42]
Bulgarian Burnt Bronze with SGM handguard with its little Romanian brother in Sniper Grey

Link Posted: 8/3/2013 1:35:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By LVSharpshooter:
Bulgarian Burnt Bronze with SGM handguard with its little Romanian brother in Sniper Grey

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/fishgut/media/D85235E3-54EC-4F2A-BD79-8621033F30AD-3071-000005C0A6976E96_zps1430faa2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/fishgut/D85235E3-54EC-4F2A-BD79-8621033F30AD-3071-000005C0A6976E96_zps1430faa2.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/fishgut/media/D39BF675-6404-4950-B5CA-E7B135668B94-3071-000005C0AE04BA3A_zps11e7ce83.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/fishgut/D39BF675-6404-4950-B5CA-E7B135668B94-3071-000005C0AE04BA3A_zps11e7ce83.jpg</a>

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/fishgut/media/2E3BB60D-9B8D-49E6-B0C2-8616AFB1843B-3071-000005C0B70FE80A_zpsb6255971.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/fishgut/2E3BB60D-9B8D-49E6-B0C2-8616AFB1843B-3071-000005C0B70FE80A_zpsb6255971.jpg</a><a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/fishgut/media/CD933317-5AEB-4221-B888-BF31D086AFD7-3071-000005C0BC6A42FF_zpsa29a6960.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/fishgut/CD933317-5AEB-4221-B888-BF31D086AFD7-3071-000005C0BC6A42FF_zpsa29a6960.jpg</a><a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/fishgut/media/A61B52A2-A2A4-4017-9F0A-1AA5D4F6580A-3071-000005C0C0FA8566_zps026e0b8a.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v217/fishgut/A61B52A2-A2A4-4017-9F0A-1AA5D4F6580A-3071-000005C0C0FA8566_zps026e0b8a.jpg</a>
View Quote

What is the HG on the SBR?
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 1:38:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Mission First Tactical MFT
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 4:56:21 PM EDT
[#45]
This is my go-to "fighting rifle," hence the rough rattlecan paint job. It's a TGI AMD-65 on a FEG receiver with a Midwest Industries rail, Mapgul RVG, Magpul ladder rail covers, Hogue pistol grip, AMD-65 Tech stock adapter, and a Surefire G2 light on a VLTOR mount (not pictured in first pic). Recoil is nothing, and the rifle is built very well for being a $499 gun. Everything is straight, no canted sights, minimal mag wobble, and rock solid stock for being a folder. The whole build cost me under $1k, and it lives in a blue Larue MkII covert case in my car. Couldn't ask for much more out of this little guy! ...except maybe a free Aimpoint Micro or RMR...

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p691/nigelcornwallis/20130211_144346_zpseafd6328.jpg

http://i1346.photobucket.com/albums/p691/nigelcornwallis/20130731_003248_zps4c01ba1d.jpg
Link Posted: 8/3/2013 4:57:52 PM EDT
[#46]
Love that burnt bronze! I had my AR coated in BB and black, and it looks very clean along with being pretty darn functional.
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By LVSharpshooter: Bulgarian Burnt Bronze with SGM handguard with its little Romanian brother in Sniper Grey
View Quote

DUDE. Little brother is BAD @$$...
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By pvtspam:
View Quote

1972 Skyline?
Link Posted: 8/4/2013 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By pvtspam:
Khyber Pass AMD-65

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/islandsnow/media/AMD65/ff0449ed-cfb6-44ed-bf8d-fd5b92314bf1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/islandsnow/AMD65/ff0449ed-cfb6-44ed-bf8d-fd5b92314bf1.jpg</a>
<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/islandsnow/media/AMD65/8ef79ac2-052d-46e6-bfc3-78d9bf63a922.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v119/islandsnow/AMD65/8ef79ac2-052d-46e6-bfc3-78d9bf63a922.jpg</a>    
View Quote

Nice build!

NDS receiver?
Page / 44
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top