Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/4/2010 2:56:26 PM EDT
A week ago I ordered one of the Tennessee Guns International truck guns for 399$ plus 4 magazines for 40$. The shipping was free. I called TGI and asked them to please expedite my order if at all possible as I wanted to shoot the gun new years day with my girlfriend. I received my rifle on Wednesday and got it to the range on Thursday.

Functioned perfectly except one of the magazines had a broken feed lip which made it FTFeed every round. I have emailed TGI about this so hopefully they will replace the magazine. I didnt test it for accuracy but from 25 yards off hand standing I was getting a group about twice the size of a silver dollar or so. Very fun gun and fun for the girl too, light recoil.

From the pics you can tell the wood is a little dinged up but the finish on the metal is really very nice, especially for the price I paid.
The only thing I don't like right now is that the standard stock is not comfortable,...It seems too small.

I will get a video up shortly. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GagNdXmwyY

Link Posted: 1/4/2010 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Was that price a one time deal? Can't find them for that cheap.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 3:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Very Cool and a great deal!
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 3:22:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah thats what I went for. After I canceled my lancaster RR order I picked up one of these. Seems like TGI gets all of my money, with the kits and the trunk guns I have never have been happier.
Link Posted: 1/4/2010 3:41:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Was that price a one time deal? Can't find them for that cheap.

You need to be a member of theakforum.net and on the site you will find a coupon code in the TGI section.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 2:27:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Some close up pics would be nice.  The rifle seems to shoot good, looks nice too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Not close up but a different view. Anything in particular you want a picture of?
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 3:08:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Does that rifle take a bayonet?
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 3:36:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Does that rifle take a bayonet?

Almost, the bayonet lug ears are ground off. So That would need to be repaired, I think it could be done.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice vid.... those mags hold 30 rounds you know

That's it, I'm going to give myself a loan and order one in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 3:58:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nice vid.... those mags hold 30 rounds you know

That's it, I'm going to give myself a loan and order one in the morning.

Yeah, and they would be full if I had any surplus ammo. All I have to shoot right now is wolf at 8$ a box.....
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Kinda funny watching someone videotaping himself violating 922r.  Personally, I could give a shit, just kinda funny.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Kinda funny watching someone videotaping himself violating 922r. Personally, I could give a shit, just kinda funny.

if you could give a shit then why even say anything?  which brings up my question, how do you know that he is violating 922?
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Kinda funny watching someone videotaping himself violating 922r.  Personally, I could give a shit, just kinda funny.

Isn't it a little difficult for you to tell the country of origin of the magazine floor plates, magazine springs and followers, pistol grip, stock, etc from this video?

ETA And like lambo said, if you don't give a shit why say anything at all? If you had my well being at heart you could have IMed me your concerns.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 4:22:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Is the brake welded on?
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 4:23:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Geez, sorry to piss on everyone's parade.  The "trunk gun" to my knowledge has 3 compliance parts, the FCG triple.  That's it.  The furniture appears to still be there, unchanged so it doesn't matter if he has floorplates AND followers that are US.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is the brake welded on?

Nope!
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 4:47:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Was this a one time deal, or is it still going on?
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Geez, sorry to piss on everyone's parade.  The "trunk gun" to my knowledge has 3 compliance parts, the FCG triple.  That's it.  The furniture appears to still be there, unchanged so it doesn't matter if he has floorplates AND followers that are US.

pistol grip, hg's, buttstock, floorplate, follower, muzzle brake, or gas piston.  three of the seven do the job.  

Link Posted: 1/19/2010 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Violation of 922r? Did I miss something, I thought the rifle was purchased from a vendor and not assembled by the gent in the video shooting it. I doubt TGI is in to selling illegal guns and the FFL it was shipped and sold through most likely isnt either.
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 6:30:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Violation of 922r? Did I miss something, I thought the rifle was purchased from a vendor and not assembled by the gent in the video shooting it. I doubt TGI is in to selling illegal guns and the FFL it was shipped and sold through most likely isnt either.

TGI has mentioned on akfiles the gun comes with a US made "wafffle" mag because there are only 3 US parts on the rifle, and they are the trigger, disconnector and hammer.  The video clearly shows a combloc poly mag on it, unless there's a US variant that looks like one.

Look, I'll just say I concede this one.  I have no clue as to whether the owner replaced a couple more parts such as the PG/gas piston/brake/etc and/or added a floorplate and/or follower.  I won't give my opinion on 922r because the mods will ding me on it and I'm certainly no friends with them (not that I give a shit about that either).
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 7:11:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

TGI has mentioned on akfiles the gun comes with a US made "wafffle" mag because there are only 3 US parts on the rifle, and they are the trigger, disconnector and hammer.  The video clearly shows a combloc poly mag on it, unless there's a US variant that looks like one.

Look, I'll just say I concede this one.  I have no clue as to whether the owner replaced a couple more parts such as the PG/gas piston/brake/etc and/or added a floorplate and/or follower.  I won't give my opinion on 922r because the mods will ding me on it and I'm certainly no friends with them (not that I give a shit about that either).

Interesting Letter
Link Posted: 1/19/2010 9:07:27 PM EDT
[#23]
my outlook is mind your own business when it comes to anybody else and their relationship with johnny law.  unless it's your good buddy or relative and you want to give them a tip, keep your mouth shut.  if you had been speaking about a tgi truck gun in general in a thread devoted to that topic it would fine conversation.  when you personally accuse someone else of breaking the law and you really have no idea what your talking about, you have just made yourself appear like that round hole that poop comes out of.
Link Posted: 1/20/2010 2:19:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
my outlook is mind your own business when it comes to anybody else and their relationship with johnny law.  unless it's your good buddy or relative and you want to give them a tip, keep your mouth shut.  if you had been speaking about a tgi truck gun in general in a thread devoted to that topic it would fine conversation.  when you personally accuse someone else of breaking the law and you really have no idea what your talking about, you have just made yourself appear like that round hole that poop comes out of.

Meh...the guys I deal with personally on here seem to like me.    Guess it's only when I can hide behind the keyboard the asshole comes out.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top