Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/6/2017 12:49:04 PM EDT
I've done a lot of homework and there is a boat load of harnesses and molle mag pouches out there. I'm looking for a harness, primarily, that will take a minimum of 6 mags, 30 round, 5.56/7.62. I don't mind paying for quality but I don't want to break the bank either. I see high end stuff like tactical tailor and sub $50 rigs as well. AK molle pouches that will attach to a plate carrier also peak my interest. Any suggestions from those with real world use of recommended systems is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/6/2017 10:10:41 PM EDT
[#1]
HSGI Tacos are the best pouches I have used and for me work great on the belt, but I have also used them on a Tactical Tailor chest rig.

I do my reloads from the 3 mags in Tacos on the belt, but my UW gear chest rig holds 5 mags for admin reloads or 7 if I did double mag tacos. Currently I can run 8 mags total, or 10 if I double up on the chest rig

Z
Link Posted: 1/7/2017 11:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Six or more loaded metal 7.62 AK mags on your chest is going to get heavy.
The Chinese Type 56 chest rig carries three - hard to beat a classic. The UW gear rig above is very Chicom-esque.

But the Blackhawk commando chest harness can carry 8 Ak mags. You can get them cheaper on Amazon or eBay.
Link Posted: 1/9/2017 11:11:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Russian Lazutchik made by Sposn. It will carry 6 -7.62 mags or 9 of the 5.45. Nice and comfy too. I got mine for around $100 shipped from Russia.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/10/2017 12:10:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Zen, that rig looks great. I've been trying to talk myself out of a SURPAT purchase! Been eyeing 762 Tactical's modified Chicom.
Are those ANA's digi flora tacos, how do they hold up?
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 4:11:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I haven't put them to any use yet but they look just as good as the HSGIs and think they will hold up well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2017 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I haven't put them to any use yet but they look just as good as the HSGIs and think they will hold up well.
View Quote

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes out for some then.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a stand alone plate carrier with either a Chinese 4 cell AK mag chest rig or another Chinese rig that holds 5 AR15 mags. Cheap, tuff and it just works. I also have 2 Chinese man purses which are GREAT !!!  : one holds 5 AK74 mags the other 5 AR15 mags.
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Haley D3CR-H with KYWI inserts but find myself using the Chinese Type 81 (4 mag) chest rigs even more often. I also got multiple Chinese 5 mag shoulder bags as well. Each cell can hold either 1 AK mag or 2 USGI, Lancer or other thinner AR15 mags. Fits easily over both of my plate carriers and I add Fastex buckles to the rear straps so I don't have to try to tie them behind me.

The old school original design is still a viable choice today.
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 11:25:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a  Haley D3CRX vest along with the optional two cell pouch. I love it!  It's very lightweight, and low profile. I highly recommend it!
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top