Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2016 5:27:44 PM EDT
I've seen the magpul ones a dozen times. My goal is to get a surefire forend on one. What stops other forends from being used?
Link Posted: 12/15/2016 5:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have any pics?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 1:57:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Pics for days

Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Are you sure the Magpul forends you saw were 870 forends adapted to fit the AK?  All the ones I have seen were purpose-built to fit AKs by Magpul.

https://www.magpul.com/products/firearms-accessories/hand-guards/moe-ak-hand-guard-ak47-ak74
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you sure the Magpul forends you saw were 870 forends adapted to fit the AK?  All the ones I have seen were purpose-built to fit AKs by Magpul.

https://www.magpul.com/products/firearms-accessories/hand-guards/moe-ak-hand-guard-ak47-ak74
View Quote

Before the AK specific forends came out many people were converting Magpul 870 forends to fit their AK's. I believe Canis Design Group even made/make an adapter that would allow you to use Magpul AR handguards on the AK.
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 9:30:36 PM EDT
[#5]
What he said. I think I saw the mod almost 2 years before the handguards came out.

The thing is I just have to remove a lot of the material in the middle.
Link Posted: 2/19/2017 3:45:13 AM EDT
[#6]
This is one I made out of an MP5 forend and part of an AMD65 forend:
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 9:19:35 PM EDT
[#7]
That looks great! How do you like the handguard on the AK?
Link Posted: 3/19/2017 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That looks great! How do you like the handguard on the AK?
View Quote
I like it a lot. no wires or cords, very intuitive, solid as a rock.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top