Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2016 6:09:54 PM EDT
Won an early Romanian PSO-1 scope that has the illumination and IR filter.

I asked the seller if the IR Detector still works, but he said the IR lens isn't present.

I won't know for sure until I receive it,, but I'm confident the seller knows what he is looking at.

Unfortunate, since I was hoping the lens was still in there.

Has anyone taken these apart to replace the lens that was missing?

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:10:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I ordered one of the IR lens from him. Overseas shipping from Eastern Europe though.

Still waiting to receive the scope from the seller too.

How does the IR switch come out?
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 6:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Got the IR lens from Ukraine. I tested the lens with a remote and it works great.

Now the problem of taking the front of the scope and IR lever off.

I know how the front tube comes off (3 small set screws, and the tube just unscrews from the body).

But I have little idea on how the IR lever comes out. I see a pin and small set screw through the switch piece itself to remove it from the shaft, then a screw on the plug, and then the plug should just unscrew.

Anyone have an idea on the IR lever removal?
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Got the scope apart. Wasn't too hard actually.

Problem is the 2 screws for the IR lens are 2mm.

No one really carries screws that small, but I found some locally. Put them in and they need to be flathead screws.

Off searching for M2 Flathead screws now.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:32:52 AM EDT
[#6]
UPDATE

My scope now has a working IR detector. Got the scope all together and the IR detector works great.

I assembled it in a dry environment and didn't breathe into the scope while assembling. Also, no extra specks on the reticle and I now know how to take apart my scope.
Link Posted: 10/13/2016 12:41:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
UPDATE

My scope now has a working IR detector. Got the scope all together and the IR detector works great.

I assembled it in a dry environment and didn't breathe into the scope while assembling. Also, no extra specks on the reticle and I now know how to take apart my scope.
View Quote

awesome...
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top