Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2016 1:50:55 PM EDT
I'm thinking about this for my WASR. Everywhere I see T1s used on the EE and such other forums they are $500+ used which is over the cost of the MRO new so I figure why wouldn't I buy a brand new RDS for that price? I've also been looking for a good way to try one out anyways. I'm only wondering about cowitness on the Ultimak.
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 8:28:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Well I can kinda answer your question. First off, Ultimak is good to go all the way. I have a PA micro clone on a riser on a Mak that has been flawless from day one. I see no reason why mounting an MRO would not work.
I cannot address the co-witness issue as that is of zero use or application for me. I don't like cluttered fields of view in my optics.
Try it out. At worst you have a mount and sight that needs a riser of some sort to work. In my case the riser I used allows me to see my irons simply by looking beneath the Micro clone. But, IT WORKS FOR ME. ymmv
Link Posted: 12/26/2016 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I originally used a Primary Arms cheap model RDS ($80.00) and it worked great on the Ultimak. I switched to a low mount 1.5x handgun scope. I like the crosshairs better as far as accuracy is concerned. Eye relief is something like 14" and that works great as well.

I have never run the rifle really hot which has always been a concern to me. If high heat will effect either set-up I do not know.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top