Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2016 3:04:54 PM EDT
Which mount would be best for me to achieve this goal?
Anyone running traditional scopes on their SLRs for hunting?

I like the Midwest Industries mount. The K-Var SM-13 looks good but seams to have mixed reviews along with the MI mount. The RS regulate seams to get glowing reviews but looks big and bulky. And seams to be geared more toward red dots and holo sights. Is their any mounts I am over looking?

Taking this rifle on a future quota hunt. The folding stock feature will be utilized during transport so very important that the mount maintain zero. Probably going to go with a leupold VX-1 2-7.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#1]
The RS mounts are anything but big and bulky. They are svelte and light.
Link Posted: 9/14/2016 10:52:24 PM EDT
[#2]
RS mounts and the SM-13 are my favorites.  Nothing else currently on the market really moves me.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#3]
RS mounts are extremely lightweight and as slim as possible. I've watched them develop over the years and I'm of the opinion that they are the gold standard for AK mounts now. (I own 4 mounts)
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:00:35 PM EDT
[#4]
If using the side rail, RS Regulate is as good as it gets. TWS dogleg too covers are also good but are a little more involved. Both will require a little patience finding the right height rings.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 3:49:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Take a look at TWS OP I have two of the gen 2's and I love them. They lock up extremely tight and return to zero every time.

I don't see the advantage of side rail mounts like RS Regulate. Why have a mount extending from the side of the receiver, and running up the side of the gun in order to place a piece of pic rail above the dust cover when you could just have pic rail on the dust cover and be done with it. Less hardware, less weight, less bulk, TWS is the way to go.

Also consider the Redfield 2-7x. Great scope, large eyebox, lightweight, and very clear glass. Redfield is a Leupold company and Redfield's are rebranded Leupold scopes at a lower cost. I've got the Accu-range reticle in this one it has perfect hold over points for my 7.62x39 at 150, 250, & 300 yards, or for 556 at 200, 300, & 400 yards. I'm using these inexpensive UTG rings (here's a link) to mount, and other than being bulkier than need be they, have perfect clearance for the scope over the front sight base, allow QD, return to zero, cost me next to nothing, and work great.

Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Vortex strike eagle in seekins precision low rings. Riding on a RS mount. Works good for me. My only complaint is Warsaw length folding stocks leave some to be desired in the eye relief catagory.

http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/hankpott/media/IMG_20161118_071124611_zpssomz8hkv.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Dang just can't figure out the pic thing
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top