Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/24/2016 9:34:21 AM EDT
Has anyone tried fitting one of these to a MAK90? Apparently the tang on MAKs is longer than the rest of the AK family.
Link Posted: 9/15/2016 10:51:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe they are also a little bit thicker, so you would have to shave the plastic a bit.
Link Posted: 9/27/2016 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Will work great but will need fitting.  I had folding stock and handgaurd on mine.  The buttstock didn't need any fitting but was a very tight (rubber mallet  to hammer it in) and mine had a small gap being it's a slant receiver.    As for the front handgaurd, I found the iner mounting rail overly heavy so I drilled "airline" holes all threw it to lighten . The plastic part needed a slight adjustment to fit over the receiver (1.5mm compared to 1mm) I also had to trim the original gastube brackets at the front to fit the gas tube on with the front handgaurd.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:16:15 AM EDT
[#3]
I saw at the AKFiles site a guy did it. He had to cut out with a dremmel the very back of the slot where the tang fits since it was too long. Once he cut the slot out, the stock fit.

I guess you could grind down the back of the tang a millimeter or two.
Link Posted: 11/3/2016 9:09:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw at the AKFiles site a guy did it. He had to cut out with a dremmel the very back of the slot where the tang fits since it was too long. Once he cut the slot out, the stock fit.

I guess you could grind down the back of the tang a millimeter or two.
View Quote

I wonder if the MOE would work also, my dad needs a stock for his MAK.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top