Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/4/2016 11:11:03 PM EDT
I'm thinking of taking my wasr 10 deer hunting this year, looking for a mount and optic.
I would prefer something over the bore that sits as low as possible for a good cheek weld. Where I hunt, range will be less than 75 yds so I'm not worried about magnification.
Also not looking to break the bank.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Link Posted: 7/4/2016 11:44:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Ultimak + a PA micro red dot.
If you already have some sort of red dot or optic, go with a midwest side mount and put your optic on that.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 6:31:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Plenty of good quality mounts out there that will get the job done.

You should settle on an optic first, then select the mount that best accommodates it.

I would go with a MRDS on an Ultimak tube, but there are a plethora of other options out there.  

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:00:31 PM EDT
[#3]
What about the side rail mounts? I know that would get the optic closer to my eyes, but not sure how reliable they are.
Link Posted: 7/5/2016 9:15:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Nothing wrong with a quality side mount. A quality side mount will be as reliable as any other mount out there.  RS Regulate, K-Var, and others produce very good side mounts.
You should define your budget, some mounts can be pricey, and stating how much you are willing to spend on the mount and optic will help people direct you to stuff within your budget.

Link Posted: 7/5/2016 11:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to keep it around 300.
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 3:11:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/6/2016 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys, exactly the stuff I was looking for!
Link Posted: 8/10/2016 2:43:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Go to RS Regulate's web site. They have the best optic mount you can get.
Link Posted: 8/11/2016 1:34:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Plenty of good quality mounts out there that will get the job done.

You should settle on an optic first, then select the mount that best accommodates it.

I would go with a MRDS on an Ultimak tube, but there are a plethora of other options out there.  
View Quote

The Ultimak tube often has an accuracy benefit because it mounts to the bbl and gas but (Unitizing them) and reduces the infamous AK barrel flexing while firing

It is best used with a Red Dot type optic.  Most of the Micro Red Dots do great on it.  People worry they will get it hot and fry their electronics, but I've never had a problem even with some fast fired multiple magazine extended shot strings...

BIGGER_HAMMER
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top