Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2016 12:26:47 PM EDT
Anybody have one mounted on their AK? If, so I'd like your overall opinion and your mounting system. I plan on going with the Midwest Industries railed side mount. I'm guessing a cantilever mount would be needed for proper eye relief- especially with my Warsaw length stock. I'd like to keep the scope as low as possible- what would be a good mount?
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 4:44:15 PM EDT
[#1]
1) I like 1-X scopes more and more on basically all rifles. AKs, with good ammo and a to-spec or better barrel (and most US-made barrels) can be effective to ranges I want a little magnification at.

2) If you're going to use the side rail, do it right and get an RS Regulate mount. MI has some periodic QC issues that RS just doesn't seem to. I'm generally more of a fan of Sabrewerks' system, more involved though it is, but the one type of mount they lack is a low mount for 1-X optics. TWS makes a worthy substitute too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I still go back and forth between MI and RS Regulate. I have the first version of the RS rail system which has served me well, and it seems both companies have improved upon the original Russian clamping system.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#3]
RS mount is certainly top notch, as is the K-Var SM-13.  I own both and am equally satisfied with them.

I ditched my MI mount, never really cared for it all that much.

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top