Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/3/2016 7:49:18 AM EDT
Hi,
I bought a Trijicon ACOG calibrate for the AK even though I don't own one. It wa say good deal so I figured I'd try it out. Anyway, I've been convinced that I shouldn't take it out and just replace it. Any thoughts on this? Anyone here use an optic calibrated for 5.56? Just not sure what to do here. Thanks, John
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You mean calibrated for 7.62x39? What kind of deal did you get if you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#2]
It's brand new and dual illuminated, bought it for $700. It seems most go for much higher so I figured I'd try it on for size and have since been told differing opinions. Some have told me to sell it and others that the trajectory differences won't matter much until 300m or more. So, I'm thinking about defaulting to,just selling it and getting a 5.56 one....or an Accupoint.

Sorry....yes, it's for 7.62x39
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 6:19:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a rifle chambered in .300blk? If so that would have similar ballistics to 7.62x39.
Link Posted: 5/3/2016 9:40:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a 1-4 power burris on a ak and it worked ok, the bdc was off but once sighted in it wasn't too bad. I recently got the primary arms 4x acss scope and it's worked better than the burris.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 2:17:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you have a rifle chambered in .300blk? If so that would have similar ballistics to 7.62x39.
View Quote

This.

If you don't want it, I might be interested in taking it off your hands.
Link Posted: 5/4/2016 7:04:33 AM EDT
[#6]
No 300blk m afraid.....and I've had the BRD so bad, I cannot afford another right now ;)
It's posted in the EE. I'd rather sell it and get a proper optic instead of rolling the dice. I'm just gonna pass the same deal on that I got.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top