Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/16/2016 7:24:16 PM EDT
Looking for an enhanced magazine release for my AK. Any recommendations or warnings? I want to be able to release the mag with my trigger finger while I grab a new mag with my off hand. I have seen some made by Ram Solutions, Power Custom, and CAA. Which is best and why? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered a Command Arms release for my PAP pistol. I was waiting for a KGB latch but I am not very patient.

I suppose I have a bit of testing to do when this and the rest of the accessories I have ordered lately arrive.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the TAK Latch. It's a full replacement of the magazine release lever. On my WASR 10/63, I had to final down the end of the TAK latch for it to fit. On the WASR 22, it lined up perfectly.

I like it due to its ambidextrous nature.
Link Posted: 2/26/2016 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been using the CAA latch for the past couple days.

I really like it. Not only does it allow you to kick the mag out with your trigger finger. But it provides an extension that makes reloads much easier.

I think I will install them on any future AKs I purchase.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top