Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/6/2015 8:37:21 PM EDT
I been looking to add a sight to my AK and came across this cover, is this company & cover any good?
Also my AK doesn't have a side mount so would a cover be my only option?

I'm new to AK sights/covers so I'm open to all info!
Link Posted: 9/6/2015 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I like and use TWS top covers, but there are other options; the Parabellum AKARS, the Krebs rear sight rail, the Strike Industries sight rail, and the Ultimak railed gas tube to name a few.
There is also the very expensive Zenitco forend/topcover combo.
Link Posted: 9/8/2015 11:22:27 AM EDT
[#2]
The TWS topcover (dogleg) is rock solid and holds zero well, but as the previous poster mentioned, you do have other options.  One option would be to purchase a side rail and install it yourself.  It's fairly easy and requires only a few tools.  I actually have a side rail but never mounted it.  Do some homework and decide whats best for you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I posted this question not long ago.......but did not get much feedback either.
I opted to get the TWS dog leg top cover and have installed it on a DDI AKM.  I am very very pleased so far.  It seems to be very sturdy and locks up very tight.
I have not shot it yet..........so cant really say about it holding zero yet.......but I certainly don't anticipate a problem.  

I had watched this video on the TWS .......on the AK Operators Union.  That is what really convinced me to get it......along with it being Made in the USA.  
Also just throwing this out there.....TWS customer service was excellent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXC6wCA1pB0
Link Posted: 9/21/2015 7:17:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like mine. I've read where some say their's wouldn't hold zero but, I've never experienced a problem. I'd reccomend the rear leaf as well.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had the TWS dog leg rail on my AK for over 5 years. I have one of the 1st models. Holds zero on my microdot just fine. I never had any problem with it.
I also have tried the Parabellum mount on another AK & it's no where near as study. Lots of side to side movement.
The side rail I have also tried & used for a time & while it does work with a low mount microdot it's still a bit too high.
Link Posted: 9/27/2015 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had a TWS Dogleg for a few years too. Never had any issues with it. Took a bit to install, but well worth it.

Didn't care for the bulk of a side mount rail, which were also too high. The TWS Dogleg solves all the problems for me.

Waiting to get a Primary Arms ACSS scope. Have mounted a Bushnell TRS-25 and a NcStar 2-7x scope without any issues.

Also use a Kel Tec Polymer Peep Sight. Will later upgrade to a metal peep from Kel Tec.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top