Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2015 9:20:39 PM EDT
I remember seeing this rail a few years ago. Did a Google search today and couldn't find any hits that were for the last year or even DBMG's site.

Is this product gone now?

Looking to add a small rail section to my rifle to mount an IR laser. Figured the AK Tri Rail would be stable.

I might consider the RS BM-1 but not sure how secure it is in regards to rotation. Need to keep the rail steady for the IR laser to stay zeroed.

If I did have the AK Tri Rail, I'd also mount an Inforce WML IR flashlight.

Any suggestions or updates would be helpful.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
My memory is a bit fuzzy but are you referring to FBMG? They used to make Saiga 308 mags and possibly designed a Saiga tri rail HG that is now marketed by SGM - I think.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#2]
No, he has it right, it is DBMG.
Their old website has been off-line for a while now.  This is the most recent thread I could find on DBMG here and it's a year and a half old:  http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_56/153898_Best_way_to_attach_a_light_.html

This looks like it may be their new website:  http://www.partsforguns.com/main.sc

Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the new site. I'll give them a call tomorrow morning. Hopefully they're still in business. Currently the new site shows the tri-rail as being out of stock.

Any idea on how secure the RS BM-1 would be for holding a zero?
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 8:51:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Any idea on how secure the RS BM-1 would be for holding a zero?
View Quote

My BM-1 has been rock solid, but it only has to hang onto a TLR-1 light.  Not sure how much weight/bulk you are looking to put on one.

You could try one and put witness marks on the barrel/BM-1 to see if it moves.  The witness marks would identify any movement or shift in the BM-1 pretty easily.

Link Posted: 8/21/2015 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a spare DBMG in my parts bin if you're interested.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks Hizzie. PM sent.

I tried calling their number today and it went to a generic voicemail. Hopefully they're still in business.
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#7]
So how's it working out for you?
Link Posted: 9/7/2015 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Good, solid mount. Little heavier than I expected. Small enough on that area of the rifle that it allowed me to keep my current sling swivel.

Waiting on my next pay period to get an Inforce WML and Crimson Trace IR Laser. I'll have to weigh the items to see how much I'm adding to the front.

Could tell that with the current light and cheap green laser that it made the rifle more front heavy. That or I need to work on my forearm strength.

Overall, I like the mount. Probably won't be until later this month or early October before I can shot it due to work and weather.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top