Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2015 8:51:58 AM EDT
Hello,

I have been considering an Arsenal SLR104-34 with the metal side folder.  

Can someone tell me what options I have as far as optics and still be able to fold the stock and have the rifle be completely functional?  I have been considering other 74's that I could use one of magpul's new right side folding stocks to not interfere with any optic mounts, but there are only so many options.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 12:13:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Typically you cannot fold the stock with an optic mounted to the side optic plate, or with a side mount intended for picatinny or weaver optics. The triangle and poly folders are designed to latch over the side rail when no optic is mounted, but when an optic is mounted there is not enough clearance in the stock body to latch properly.

ZeniCo makes a side folder that when combined with the B13 side mount allows the stock to fold and lock with the B13 on the side rail. Using the PT-1 stock and the B13 you could mount a decent optic to the B13 and still fold the stock.

You can use the B33 topcover or other top cover systems like TWS for example.

There is always the classic Ultimak gas tube rail if you want to mount a good red dot over the gas tube.

I don't have direct experience but Attero Arms does a rear sight block mount that seems to get reasonable reviews

For reference the SLR104 has the 4.5mm hinge folder. Modern Russian gear is 5.5mm but the ZenitCo stock has an adapter that allows it to swap between 4.5 and 5.5mm hinges

Z
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 8:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Typically you cannot fold the stock with an optic mounted to the side optic plate, or with a side mount intended for picatinny or weaver optics. The triangle and poly folders are designed to latch over the side rail when no optic is mounted, but when an optic is mounted there is not enough clearance in the stock body to latch properly.

ZeniCo makes a side folder that when combined with the B13 side mount allows the stock to fold and lock with the B13 on the side rail. Using the PT-1 stock and the B13 you could mount a decent optic to the B13 and still fold the stock.

http://zenphotos.net/zenphotos/file/Online/SVD/Mounts/ZenitCo_PT-1_KlassikaStockFoldedLeft2.jpg

You can use the B33 topcover or other top cover systems like TWS for example.

There is always the classic Ultimak gas tube rail if you want to mount a good red dot over the gas tube.

I don't have direct experience but Attero Arms does a rear sight block mount that seems to get reasonable reviews

For reference the SLR104 has the 4.5mm hinge folder. Modern Russian gear is 5.5mm but the ZenitCo stock has an adapter that allows it to swap between 4.5 and 5.5mm hinges

Z
View Quote

Does that adapter come with the stock or is it something you have to buy extra?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:39:33 AM EDT
[#3]
AFAIK it comes with the stock. The PT-1 I bought had both 4.5 and 5.5mm adapters in the kit

Z
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 11:21:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Ultimak railed gastube.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top