Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/12/2015 11:47:53 AM EDT
I sold my last AK because I could not find a viable scope mount. I tried the dust cover mounts and they sucked horribly.

These two seem to be the best option although I'm worried that the Dog leg would not be as stable due to the mount being part of the dust cover.

Does anyone have experience with both of these rails and can make a recommendation?

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/893149/krebs-custom-guns-rear-sight-receiver-picatinny-rail-system-ak-47-aluminum-matte

or

http://www.texasweaponsystems.com/category-s/1824.htm

Link Posted: 5/13/2015 2:01:29 PM EDT
[#1]
The Krebs rail is simply outstanding, both in design and quality.  If you can afford it, you surely won't regret getting one.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you for your response. it appears as though the dog leg looks more streamlined but the krebs system seems more stable due to having no contact with the dust cover and the violence of the action.

Is it safe to assume that the dog leg would be more likely to not hold zero due to this ?
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 5:37:14 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen very few complaints regarding the TWS not holding zero. Off the top of my head, I can't recall seeing any complaints that were from normal operation of the dustcover; those complaints I have seen have been from dropping the rifle with the dustcover open.
Link Posted: 5/15/2015 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#4]
The TWS dogleg is good to go.  It locks up tight and re-zeros when you open/close, or even remove it.  I've had it on my Saiga for a while and am very happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#5]
The Krebs Rail attaches to the rifle at the front (where the rear sight would be) and to the tang of the rifle.  It's been designed to withstand a 1-meter drop test without loss of zero, and provides a TOOL-LESS dis-assembly of your rifle for maintenance, returning to zero when put back in place.
Link Posted: 5/19/2015 11:54:35 AM EDT
[#6]
The TWS really depends on the camming. As long as the button fits right and it is seated, the TWS is the best dust cover optics mount you can get for mounting a red dot.  I'm not 100% behind using it for a magnified optic,YMMV. I give that honor to the Krebs. If you're not going to use the side rail, Krebs' offering is the best, and most reliable option for mounting a magnified optic on an AK. IMHO.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top