Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2015 9:14:26 PM EDT
Looking to add a 1-4x scope on my SGL31. The irons aren't that great and I feel like I could enhance the usability with a decent 1-4x. I am currently probably going with the PA 1-4x, but my question is what mount to go with? What do you guys use?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#1]
My two favorite mounts are RS and the K-Var SM-13.  Have both and neither have ever let me down or made me wish I had gone with something else.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My two favorite mounts are RS and the K-Var SM-13.  Have both and neither have ever let me down or made me wish I had gone with something else.
View Quote

Which version of the RS mount did you go with? Front biased, rear biased, or full length? I am liking the looks of the RS better than the KVAR one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:45:53 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Which version of the RS mount did you go with? Front biased, rear biased, or full length? I am liking the looks of the RS better than the KVAR one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The full length AK-303 base and AKR upper mount.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 11:00:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/10/2015 1:43:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Here is the Steiner 1-4 I picked up on our E&E.  I put it on a nightforce unimount and it fit the AK perfectly.  It has a very bright red dot.  I have a Meopta K Dot on another rifle and I grade the scopes as equal.
Link Posted: 5/13/2015 6:42:33 PM EDT
[#6]
I have the Midwest 30mm mount with a swfa 1-4 on it. Seems pretty good so far. I have only shot 100 rds with it though. rs regulate makes some really good stuff. I had a vepr with their mount/ acog and it was great. I'll add a pic of the sam7 with a 1-4 when I get home

sorry my desk is pretty messed up lol

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:26:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here is the Steiner 1-4 I picked up on our E&E.  I put it on a nightforce unimount and it fit the AK perfectly.  It has a very bright red dot.  I have a Meopta K Dot on another rifle and I grade the scopes as equal.
<a href="http://s4.photobucket.com/user/threefeathers/media/AKSteiner1_zpsju1sucf0.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/threefeathers/AKSteiner1_zpsju1sucf0.jpg</a>
View Quote

I bought one of these UTG Pro mounts on a whim, expecting it would suck. I have to say, it's actually a pretty good unit. I don't know what I would do with that little rail section, so I took it off.

Link Posted: 5/15/2015 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#8]
I may do that also unless I decide that it adds strength.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top