Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2015 6:26:53 PM EDT
I was working a gun show in Tucson yesterday and had the opportunity to talk to a youngish dealer who is selling many AK and AR parts. We talked and I mentioned I want a mount for my AK74 and he showed me the UTG mount. It is now made in the USA in fact as I understood him it is made in Tucson. He said he was a machinist himself and does much of the work on several of the products he self . I went ahead and bought a mount for my AK 74.
A close examination of the workmanship shows that it is very well made and when I mounted it to the rifle it went on quickly and is very tight. I may go ahead and get a GG&G mount also as I have several AK's but I'm going to put an MRDS on it for now.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 7:36:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I think they're good value if you're not looking for something 'authentic',
I have a UTG Pro quad rail on one of my ARs and til recently had a UTG Pro quad rail on my WASR but removed it and went back to my Leapers side mount. The Leapers side mount top rail sits a little higher than the UTG side mount, just enough to remove the receiver cover without having to remove the mount. The UTG looks better and is probably much lighter.

And for anyone who cares, the Leapers side mount is at the same level as the top rail of the UTG Pro quad rail. I know because I had a reflex sight on the quad rail and a compact scope w/low profile rings on the Leapers, each one was previously sighted in @ 100 yards and one day I was swapping between the two and happened to sight down the barrel with both on and the red dot appeared in the center of my crosshairs at lowest power (2x).
Afer swapping my plywood stock for a fixed poly stock the quad rail & reflex made my stamped AK way too nose heavy, going back to the wood handguards felt like taking 5 pounds off the rifle. I'm back to iron sights and occasionally use the scope & side mount for long distance shooting.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#2]
UTG Pro is a step up from the UTG products everyone loves to hate.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top