Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/18/2015 4:29:08 PM EDT
I have this WASR10 postban rifle I am trying to upgrade. My goal is to have a nice barebones example of an AKM that is fun to shoot, and have the ability to mount my aimpoint to it if I ever go deer hunting. I have a spare, kind of beat up, Aimpoint pro sitting around an collecting dust that I think might be a nice addition. I'd very much like the ability to take the aimpoint off and have a rack grade AKM. The rifle itself, crappy trigger and all, seems to shoot about 3-4 MOA with horrible sights and crappy wolf ammo. I think it can be made into a very nice short range deer rifle.

I've been looking at the Midwest Industries mount and the RS Regulate mount.

MI mount.

RS regulate mount.

I was wondering how well these mounts work. I'm also wondering if there are any other mounts I am overlooking that do the same thing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 5:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several of the RS mounts, they are outstanding in every regard.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 7:26:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Either one will work great.

I've got a MI AKSM with a vortex micro dot (possibly temporarily, though) that works good on my 74.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Have both, both solid. The MI is solid, minimal fuss.  The RS has more parts and pieces but is much more flexible if you like adjusting/changing things.  

both co-witness and quick/no tool detach.

ETA: I don't know of any other quality mounts that do what these do, foreign or us made.
Link Posted: 3/18/2015 9:06:13 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm leaning towards the Midwest because it is cheaper and simpler. Is the optic centered above the bore with the Midwest mount?
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 9:00:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes. May be off by half a mm +- depending on rifle type, I don't notice any offset on my wasr.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Adjustment was the big reason I went RS over MI.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I went ahead and ordered the Midwest mount. Thanks for the advice!
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#8]
If you can find one, the older RS AKM 30mm mount is my favorite with an aimpoint.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top