Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2015 1:42:43 PM EDT
I don't have any intention of adding rails to my AK, but want to put a white light on. The only place I can see to clamp one that doesn't interfere with anything is on the gas tube.

Does anyone have any experience with this or any other suggestions?

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 3:56:07 PM EDT
[#1]
BM-1 from RS Regulate

See the position of the light on the barrel.

Google RS Regulate BM-1 for more info

Z

Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:35:43 AM EDT
[#2]
FWIW, prior to the BM1 coming out I just used an old Surefire Classic barrel mount around the front of the gastube. Surefire 660 weapon light (I think?) and a Malkoff LED module.

Worked pretty good.

Replaced it with a BM1 and a M300C and never looked back, though...
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 10:05:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Paki tape, it's the only halal way.

The BM1 mount sounds like it's the solution you seek.
Link Posted: 3/25/2015 12:15:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried several different mounts of varying qualty and price. Barrel mount in front of the hand guard seemed to be the place for me. Of the barrel mounts I tried the BM-1 from RS was deffinately the best for me. Compact, looked the best, seemed to be the highest quality. Cost a couple more bucks but worth it IMHO.
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 5:18:27 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought the BM1 would be the perfect solution for the Draco. Not so much. You can see in the pics using the VLTOR mount the rail doesn't sit far enough away from the barrel and thus i have to twist it to make it clear. Not diggin it. In this situation the light has to sit offset because the sling mount is in the way (you can see the top of the in the bottom pic). Not sure what to do.

Link Posted: 3/27/2015 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought the BM1 would be the perfect solution for the Draco. Not so much. You can see in the pics using the VLTOR mount the rail doesn't sit far enough away from the barrel and thus i have to twist it to make it clear. Not diggin it. In this situation the light has to sit offset because the sling mount is in the way (you can see the top of the in the bottom pic). Not sure what to do.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-4QAlJ5iEhUA/VRXGANX5LgI/AAAAAAAAEKY/vX3b5A1NAQs/s640/IMG_1524.JPG
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-3CuM0LCQsqs/VRXGAxChKaI/AAAAAAAAEKg/LOpRp90_4KI/s800/IMG_1525.JPG
View Quote

I use the same combo of mounts, but it looks like you can tuck yours in just a tad more. Mine is rotated ever so slightly, but once the Vltor mount and light are on, it sits up just to the side of the FSB. I use a Surefire G2x with mine.

I do have a set of the new Magpul handguards on order, and plan to alter my light setup once they arrive, to use a cantilever MOE rail and most likely a TLR-1 or X300. It should be lighter and slightly more compact.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top