Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2015 12:17:59 PM EDT
hello everybody I'm gonna be getting an AKARS soon and I was wondering if I should get a 1-4 or red dot for maybe 300 yards max so I kinda want it to do a little bit of everything. recommendations would be great with lets say a budget of $200
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:05:41 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want a cheap, magnified optic, check out the PA 4x ACSS reticle 7.62x39 BDC

Primary Arms

There are a number of good red dots for under/around $200 as well; the Bushnell TRS-25, and the Vortex SPARC are two that come to mind.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you want a cheap, magnified optic, check out the PA 4x ACSS reticle 7.62x39 BDC

Primary Arms

There are a number of good red dots for under/around $200 as well; the Bushnell TRS-25, and the Vortex SPARC are two that come to mind.
View Quote

I like that and the 1-6 is cool to a little out of budget but doable. I have heard good things about PA
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 2:32:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I would recommend the Hi-Lux Leatherwood CMR-AK, but it is about double your stated budget; great 1-4x with illuminated reticle and 7.62x39/.300BLK BDC
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 for PA, their micro-dots are under 100 bucks and are superb.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 7:53:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't go cheap on a red dot. You get what you pay for I have learned that. Get an Aimpoint or Trijicon RMR if its going to be your go to rifle. You don't need a cheap optic failing on you in the middle of a shtf situation.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would recommend the Hi-Lux Leatherwood CMR-AK, but it is about double your stated budget; great 1-4x with illuminated reticle and 7.62x39/.300BLK BDC
View Quote

The Burris MTAC is also another excellent option for $400, I own 2 on AR's but I've been debating putting one on the WASR as well. If it has to be under $200 OP, I would say either a Primary Arms red dot or a Vortex Strikefire V. 2. I would say though save a bit extra, once you get to the $400 range, the options greatly multiply tenfold, both red dots and variable magnified optics.
Link Posted: 3/6/2015 1:44:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I've heard good things about the Vortex Strikefire line.  They have an added bonus of being 30mm tubes so mounts are easy to find.  I was going to purchase one of these, and then I deployed, so naturally the money burned a hole in my pocket and I ended up going with an Aimpoint Pro.  At $40 over your budget you might have luck searching around the web to find it cheaper than MSRP.   If you choose to, they also sell magnifiers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 2:52:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Burris MTAC is also another excellent option for $400, I own 2 on AR's but I've been debating putting one on the WASR as well. If it has to be under $200 OP, I would say either a Primary Arms red dot or a Vortex Strikefire V. 2. I would say though save a bit extra, once you get to the $400 range, the options greatly multiply tenfold, both red dots and variable magnified optics.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I might go this route I don't need an optic right away
Link Posted: 3/8/2015 3:53:36 AM EDT
[#9]
I absolutely hated my Vortex Strikefire. It seems like they pay people to say good things about them online or something. My lens was very dark, even in daylight, and the controls just sucked. Half the time I couldn't tell if it was on or just on an NV setting. Buttons are just not the way to go, especially if it is for self defense or hunting, because you don't want to fiddle with it for five minutes just to turn it on. And the stupid buttons were just like glued on to the outside of the scope, not even embedded like Eotech's. The simple knob on an Aimpoint is far superior to any buttons hands down. Plus the Strikefires come with a turd of a mount, so you'll have to spend more for a serious mount. Both Aimpoint and Eotech include an excellent mount.

Saving up for a proper red dot will cost you less in the long run, because your basically throwing the $200 away when you eventually upgrade it. You will upgrade, everyone upgrades.
Link Posted: 3/17/2015 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I like this one.  It has  55,000 hour battery life too and can use the AimPoint T-1 mount.

Micro-Max B-Dot

I found this today.  I don't know how good they are, but look interesting.  The Burris MTAC is also interesting.

CMR series
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top