Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2015 9:01:10 PM EDT
Product Review: Razorsix's QD Mount "AK WIKQD"

After hearing about Magpul's new AK hand guards called MOE AK & MOE AKM. Because I own a SGL-31 with a sling loop on the handguard retainer, I would have to opt for AKM model or have to cut off the sling loop if I prefer AK model. Because of aesthetic decision of mine, I decided that I would prefer AK model and that's when I have to look for suitable QD mount for front part of my sling.

Yes, I'm aware that Magpul sells two different QD mounts that you can put on MOE handguards using M-Lok technology but I didn't like the idea of having my handguard feel cluttered with additional hardwares when gripping it. I did even thought about getting flush QD mount that can be installed on handguard from two different companies. Unfortunately, it requires drilling a hole in handguard, which would still result in feeling cluttered for me.

So, I decided to search for a QD mount that could be attached on barrel/gas piston area. There is not enough product out there in market that makes a minimalist mount. I don't want my barrel to be choked with tri or quad rails only just for QD mount.

Then I came across this article:

http://www.hawaiireporter.com/ak-accesories-razorsix-tactical-mount-and-sling

I tried to use the Razorsix's online store but it was down. So I emailed Joe directly. He was able to process my order on Friday and to my surprise, it arrived on Monday. I had no problem installing it and it feels very secure and robust. Here are the pictures of the mount.

The red mark shows the recessed area which enables it to fit on 45 degree gas block, I think.

Here's the link to YouTube video that shows how it can be installed.

http://youtu.be/A5eg4H0aIzs (sorry, can't embed when using iPad)

I hope this review will help you to decide on which handguard to get and if you want to snip snip the sling loop off or not.

Edited to add: if you put QD sling loop inside the mount socket, it will not roll around due to its anti-rotational design. A nice feature, I might say. No more rolled around sling.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Hadn't seen that before, seems like a pretty nice piece.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top