Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/31/2015 10:46:39 PM EDT
Of the others out there, is the Krebs Custom Rail System the best way to top mount optics on an AK ?   I have a Polish AK with no side mount.  Is the Krebs the best way to go ?  It looks solid, but it is pricey.  I see I can spend less on the PA AKARS or the TWS Dog Leg model, but am not convinced they are as solidly attached.  Has anyone seen all three ?
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Amazingly, 149 people have read this post up to tonight and nobody has commented or ventured an opinion ?  Wow.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 9:22:56 PM EDT
[#2]
There's not many out there. Chances are that none of those people have used one, myself included.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:32:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's not many out there. Chances are that none of those people have used one, myself included.
View Quote

Amen.
I'd I could afford to own one I'd reply!
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:07:38 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Krebs rail but have no experience with the TWS and AKARS pieces, so it's pretty much impossible for me to make any factual comparisons between the 3.

Finding someone with first hand experience with all three is a tall order.

I will say that the Krebs rail is a stellar piece and worth the money.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Worth every penny in my opinion.
I've tried many of the options over the years and always ended up disapointed and feeling like I wasted good money, that is until I tried the Krebs rail. I was hard pressed to buy one given the high price and my prior experiences, but then I had a chance to try one and was impredssed enough to buy one. The more I use it the more Im hooked on it. I've got it on an FEG AMD-65 along with an ACE side folder & EOTech. I love running 3-gun with it and showing up all the AR geeks. Even without running an optic the irons are vastly improved with its longer radius and dual apertures. The only negative is that you have to use a QD or similar mount as 'slide over rail' type bases won't work.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Zenit makes some damn fine, and 'mil spec' accessories for the AK. Not to discredit Krebs, which I consider top notch as well.

But Zenit is worth a look:
http://shop.akoperatorsunionlocal4774.com/Zenit-Products_c11.htm

Well, for a Polish AK, I would go with the Krebs. It will give you just about the same level of performance and not have to spend $400+

The Zenit B33 dust-cover rail is probably the best dust-cover rail system available though, it has a pretty good reputation. Just prohibitively expensive outside of 'Mother Russia'...
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top