Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/12/2015 1:46:29 AM EDT
So I need need a light setup for my new slr-107, whats the best way to go? I would like something mounted fairly far forward like on a Haley Thorntail, will that work with an ultimak?
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:18:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome setup........get a quality light, the HSP thorntail and you are G2G..........I just put one on my SLR-95 Ultinak rail with an Elzetta Alpha and love it compared to my prev right light setup
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:08:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I currently have a Surefire G2 with a Vltor mount on my SLR107's Ultimak. I'm planning on switching it to a HSP offset rail with either a TLR1S, TLRHL, or inforce WML HSP.

Edit to fix autocorrect.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:05:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Curious about this myself.
Link Posted: 1/29/2015 1:36:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I use an RS Regulate BM-1 with a Vltor QD mount and Surefire G2X. I put the mount just behind the gas block so that the handguard retainer is still free to move.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:50:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Ultimak + mount of choice + light of choice = win!

I do this.
Link Posted: 2/14/2015 9:08:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Ultimak with light is a good combo.  You also don't need an extended mount like the thorntail because the Ultimak rail goes very far forward.

I'm using a Surefire scout fury on mine in a larue QD mount now and that works well.  The larue has to be jammed on hard the first time to get the Ultimak to fit but after that it's GTG.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top