Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/15/2014 6:47:05 PM EDT
Just picked up an SLR 107 FR..... Wanting a side rail mounted optic for some authenticity.

What optics would you choose? Are they worth it? Should I just go with a top rail and separate optic like an Eotech or Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Depends on what you want to do with it; personally, I like the Rakurs and Obzor.
Take a look here at TX Zen's site, he does an excellent job of covering just about every available optic and mount:
http://russianoptics.net/
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
My favorites in order of what I think are the best:

Magnified:
1P78 Kashtan
PO4x24P2

Collimator:
1P76 Rakurz
1P63 Obzor

Red Dot:
PK01-VS
PK-A Venezuela
Kobra

Side Rail for Western Optics:
NPZ and Alpha
RS Regulate

I've used a variety of optic combinations over the years and with the right mount virtually anything is possible so don't be limited to my list. A big factor in my choices are ease of use and how difficult they are to get used to (since a common complaint about Russian optics is that they are too tall or too offset compared to Western designs). I'm a fan of magnified optics and collimators over red dots personally which is why I like Obzor and Rakurs so much.

Z
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top