Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2014 7:48:39 PM EDT
I was going to order a VLTOR stock adapter for my SGL-21, but have run into an issue with finding out if it is Made in the USA or not. I have Google searched, and searched the forums and have not found a for sure answer. I plan to run a Magpul CTR stock on it if that helps with the 922r compliance.
Midway and Cheaper than Dirt did not say where it was made, but Brownells said it is Made in the USA, though they claim it is not legal advise. I would appreciate a little guidance on this.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:33:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome to ARFCOM.

Two things, I'm pretty sure everything VLTOR makes is made in the USA, and I don't think that a stock adapter is a 922r compliance part. So you're probably fine either way.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you, this is my first AK and I was just a little nervous about the compliance issues. I wasn't sure if it was a part that needed to count or not. According to the paperwork, I have only 9 foreign parts including my circle 10 mag. With the way my luck runs, I would be on the receiving end of a full scale raid one night over something that in my opinion is ridiculous and serves no purpose but to inconvenience people. Appreciate the feedback though, so thanks again.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 5:03:53 PM EDT
[#3]
It's believe it's USA made, and a fine adapter, I have run that very combination and it's solid. Contact the company, i'm sure they'll be happy to answer any questions

The stock does count as one piece, regardless of how many pieces it actually is, so it might be a gray area if you used a foreign made tube with a US stock body, but i'm guessing it's the stock body itself. Have to consult the ATF for that question, but they will give you an answer.

ETA: Welcome to arfcom and the darkside!

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:43:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I am already hooked, looking at some wasrs at the local gun shop. Really want to go traditional on my next rifle. Maybe an underfolder... too many choices.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:54:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Does 922r even apply to the end user?
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Does 922r even apply to the end user?
View Quote
If you assemble it, yes.  Simply attach a vfg to a glock and you are the "maker" of a new firearm.  The same logic would imply that swapping stocks means you have to maintain 922r compliance.

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top