Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/17/2014 3:08:00 PM EDT
some over the next few months I am going to do a couple of basic modifications to my yugo m70ab2. the one I have is a century build on a noadk spud reveiver, oddly it also has a chrome lined barrel, but it is the proper thickness for a yugo barrel, I am propably going to have it blued cause I like the way it looks. one of the things I am going to do is mount a on of the yugo pattern side rails, the ones that have the rail higher than the standard side rail so you can still use the underfolder. I have been searching for a scope and mount combo To use after I do this, My question is, can you buy a standard 4x24 psop scope with the 7.62x39 bullet drop marks and modify the mount so that it is shorter? For example; what I have been thinking is to have the mount legs cut down and reinstaled on the base. I am going to have my grandfather do the metal work for me because he has been a machniest for most of his life. Is there any flaw/unforseen problem with doing this? Thanks, and any and all input is welcome. Also I would post some pictures of my ak, but I think I have to have 100 post in order to do so.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:52:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Exactly the same material needs to be taken off each leg, else your POSP will be so nose up or nose down that you won't have the necessary adjustment to zero it in.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top