Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/18/2014 6:39:58 PM EDT
This scope has been out for a couple of years now.  What has been your experience with it?  The scope I have mounted on my Arsenal Saiga AK is too much for the 7.62x39 ballistics, and I am considering the Leatherwood Hi-Lux 1-4x24mm CMR-AK762 Illuminated Tactical Rifle Scope instead.  How is the quality and durability
Of this scope?  I could not find many reviews for this specific scope, so I thought I would seek opinions on this forum.  I know it is not a true 1x, but I was looking for something that combined a red dot and tactical scope capabilities.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 7:16:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
This scope has been out for a couple of years now.  What has been your experience with it?  The scope I have mounted on my Arsenal Saiga AK is too much for the 7.62x39 ballistics, and I am considering the Leatherwood Hi-Lux 1-4x24mm CMR-AK762 Illuminated Tactical Rifle Scope instead.  How is the quality and durability
Of this scope?  I could not find many reviews for this specific scope, so I thought I would seek opinions on this forum.  I know it is not a true 1x, but I was looking for something that combined a red dot and tactical scope capabilities.  Thanks.
View Quote

I have one that I use on a 300 Blackout SBR. I like a lot, especially for the price. The reticle works great.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 10:09:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Here is a review of the CMR by Military Arms Channel, and a vid of him shooting out to 500yds with it on an RPK:

MAC Hi-Lux CMR Review

Skip to 8:20 to see him use it.
Long Range AK with CMR AK

Primary Arms also makes a 1-6x BDC scope for 7.62x39:
PA 1-6x ACSS 7.62x39
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Here is a review of the CMR by Military Arms Channel, and a vid of him shooting out to 500yds with it on an RPK:

MAC Hi-Lux CMR Review

PA 1-6x ACSS 7.62x39
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

MAC Hi-Lux CMR Review

PA 1-6x ACSS 7.62x39

I like the Primary Arms scope on paper. It is shorter and lighter than the Hi-Lux version with better magnification, I also like the reticle. But it seems like there have been alot of quality issues with the scope, I hope they sort that mess out and restock these scopes at Primary Arms, I would give one a shot.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:04:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have one on an SLR-101. It's a good scope for the money and I really like the reticle. My only complaint is that the illumination is not daytime bright.

Also - it's based on a 200y zero, so be aware that you will need a good sized range to dial it in.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I have one on an SLR-101. It's a good scope for the money and I really like the reticle. My only complaint is that the illumination is not daytime bright.

Also - it's based on a 200y zero, so be aware that you will need a good sized range to dial it in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wont a 32 meter zero equate to a 200 yard zero on this scope?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, you can zero it at 33 meters if you want to use the BDC.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wont a 32 meter zero equate to a 200 yard zero on this scope?
View Quote

Yes it will... in my case, it's easier to find 200 yards KD than 32 meters KD with a bench for zeroing

And it should be in meters a 200M zero is 1.5 inches high at 200 yards (218m) given the 1/2 minute clicks and such, and the fact that MOA groups are not the strength of the AK I zero'd at 200y and added one click up. (1")
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:17:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I just got mine in the mail today. My first Chinese scope, I am surprised at the quality of the glass.  I could not detect any meaningful distortion from edge to edge at any magnification level. It isnt true 1x... more like 1.1x. It is about as big and heavy as a Burris xtr 1x4 which isnt exactly light and compact.The reticle looks like its going to be easy to use and was actually designed by somebody who knew a thing or two about shooting and it can be brought into focus simultaneously with what ever you are shooting at.  This scope even has a solid zero stop set up ( I probably will never use it.. but it its there). For $313 it is a great deal so far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Once you get it mounted, and had a chance to field test, I would like your thoughts on it. I am leaning towards this scope for my rifle.  Where did you purchase your scope?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:25:03 PM EDT
[#10]
I am thinking about getting this scope for my sam7sf. The max you can shoot at my range is 50 yards, is that good enough to sight in with this scope and ak combo?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:05:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I am thinking about getting this scope for my sam7sf. The max you can shoot at my range is 50 yards, is that good enough to sight in with this scope and ak combo?
View Quote

Yes, and 50 yards is also a typical range to sight in red dot/reflex optics as well.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 1:33:17 AM EDT
[#12]
What color reticle would you guys choose for this scope (red or green) and why?
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 4:17:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Green for me, I've been bitten by the color for some time now. My Obzor, Trijicon RMR and TA33GH as well as OKP-7 all have it and personally I like the contrast with the environment vs red. Easier on the eyes IMO
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 4:59:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 7:43:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Just received mine today.  Got it from Opticsplanet for $326. Ordered mine with the green reticle--just a preference on my part.  I seem to pick up the green better than red in illuminated scopes that I own (TA31H-68-G vs. Norden Performance GRSC), both of which I am very pleased with. Just waiting for my mount to come in now!  Initial impression is very good.  Glass is very clear.  The reticle is not very bright, but should be functional.  Will have to wait for bright sunny day to make a true determination.

Magnification is not a true 1x, but should not be a problem.  I really like the possibility of combining a tactical scope with a CQB capable scope for my AK.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top